SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got one back just now.

eForm 4 Trust (1 RP)
Submitted 6/30/22
Approved 4/4/23

278 days
9.26 months

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Does anybody have eform1 in the pipeline? Wondering if the brace panic has increased wait times.

eform 1 filed 2/17/2023 received 4/6/2023. 47 days but I had made mistake on engraved description from receiver. Once paperwork was corrected, 14 days from resubmission to approval. All in all I consider that very reasonable, wish they could process eform 4 through that quickly.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
And here I am still waiting for my Ef1 filed 01/13. No notification whatsoever if anything is wrong with my submission. Frown

quote:
eform 1 filed 2/17/2023 received 4/6/2023. 47 days but I had made mistake on engraved description from receiver. Once paperwork was corrected, 14 days from resubmission to approval. All in all I consider that very reasonable, wish they could process eform 4 through that quickly.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
And here I am still waiting for my Ef1 filed 01/13. No notification whatsoever if anything is wrong with my submission. Frown

They don’t tell you anything is wrong with your submission and give you a chance to correct it. They deny it, and you resubmit a new application. If you haven’t gotten either an approval or denial, then it’s still pending.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:

quote:

I have an eForm 1 pending from about the same time (on a B&T TP9). I submitted one a week or two before (Benelli M4) and it was approved in about the normal 30-40 days.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my eform 1 filed on 2/2/23 disapproved email this morning. Reason for being disapproved was that I did not submit my middle name and did not give the correct manufacturer and serial number. Resubmitted with my middle name and with same serial number and manufacturer name. (Checked my pistol and it still had the same serial number and manufacture on it that submitted before). This was a for a tax free pistol conversion to sbr under the atf recent ruling. Now no one at the atf can tell me if I need to resubmit my finger prints. Two phone calls to the atf both stating I needed to submit my inquiry to ask the experts .

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 28, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to be a nay sayer but I would just send them in again no matter what answer I got, its literally a couple of bucks.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man the ATF must be flying on suppressors. Today 6/22/2022 submission arrived on an efiled F4.
However my early Jan. efiled F1 is still nowhere to be seen.

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Your and my Ef1s must be sitting on the same person's desk. I am also waiting for my EF4 submitted 09/05/22. Still have few months on the EF4.

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Man the ATF must be flying on suppressors. Today 6/22/2022 submission arrived on an efiled F4.
However my early Jan. efiled F1 is still nowhere to be seen.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfan79:
I got my eform 1 filed on 2/2/23 disapproved email this morning. Reason for being disapproved was that I did not submit my middle name and did not give the correct manufacturer and serial number. Resubmitted with my middle name and with same serial number and manufacturer name. (Checked my pistol and it still had the same serial number and manufacture on it that submitted before). This was a for a tax free pistol conversion to sbr under the atf recent ruling. Now no one at the atf can tell me if I need to resubmit my finger prints. Two phone calls to the atf both stating I needed to submit my inquiry to ask the experts .

You need to resubmit fingerprints. Since your previous application was denied, it’s like it didn’t exist. That’s how it is for paid Form 1s. I haven’t heard that it’s any different for the amnesty tax-free SBR submissions. Do you understand the issue with the serial number and manufacturer name that caused the rejection? Simply repeating the same information without understanding the reason for the rejection will likely cause a second rejection.

Sometimes serial numbers have prefixes that are part of the serial number. Sometimes they are not. Did you submit a picture showing the serial and manufacturer with the eForm? The info on your eForm has to exactly match what’s printed on your receiver. Who was the manufacturer?

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, my issue was having put SIG MCX Rattler in the description box (which I got from their drop down on the eform) but submitted photos that showed SIG MCX as the engraving. I got a research pending which delayed the approval but all came out well. I assume that was because of the pictures. None the less it went through.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
FWIW, my issue was having put SIG MCX Rattler in the description box (which I got from their drop down on the eform) but submitted photos that showed SIG MCX as the engraving. I got a research pending which delayed the approval but all came out well. I assume that was because of the pictures. None the less it went through.

“Rattler” is a commercial model name for a specific configuration. It’s not the “model”. The model is MCX. If you wrote SIG MCX Rattler on the form and sent them a photo with just SIG MCX, I’m surprised that they approved it, because they usually don’t.

Another thing to know is that the options in the drop down aren’t always right. It’s a listing of what people have commonly put in that field. It doesn’t mean that it’s correct or has been approved.

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Submitted two e form ones Feb 15th, just waiting to hear something. Still show as pending on the website.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I got to submit new finger prints then they won’t get them. Fingerprints are $20 a card at the local pd. I did submit a photo of the serial number and manufacturer with my eform. I just figured the atf was using any bs reason to deny form 1 under the new pistol brace ruling.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 28, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are probably not going to get along well with the NFA and the ATF. You can take your own prints FYI.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfan79:
If I got to submit new finger prints then they won’t get them. Fingerprints are $20 a card at the local pd. I did submit a photo of the serial number and manufacturer with my eform. I just figured the atf was using any bs reason to deny form 1 under the new pistol brace ruling.

Is this is your first time applying for an NFA item? They’ve required a complete new application, including fingerprints, for every rejection for years now. This isn’t some new rejection scheme just for braces. And rejections for wrong model name, manufacturer, or serial number format aren’t new either. Most of the time it’s the submitter who makes the error because some manufacturers use formats that aren’t clear.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
order a dozen cards from atf's website, it's free. order an ink pad from amazon. take your own prints

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Recently did two Form 1 SBR's, snail mail. Not the brace amnesty. Submitted 1/12, received 2/14/23. Yes two of my stamps are dated Valentines Day.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It boggles the mind that eform1's from that timeframe are still pending and tossing in a paper form1 gets done. WTF. ATF.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
It boggles the mind that eform1's from that timeframe are still pending and tossing in a paper form1 gets done. WTF. ATF.

I submitted two eforn 1 on January 20,2023 still no movement. Still says submitted status.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post