SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Steele Flame has a bunch of nice pieces not offered on Emersons...I do like that Crusader AR Takedown bolt...

http://www.steelflame.com/tactical/

I saw their stuff

Looks very nice

Are the pieces sterling silver? Really could not find a description

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'd love a crusader clip, but I can't understand why their prices are as they are. I know some metalworkers that I expect could do their own interpretations just as well for much less.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know man, some people like Bling on their hard use tools...I'll go so far as a lanyard...which is useful so you don't drop it and ding the blade...but that's all.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not much into it either.

For an occasional carry or something special like an OBS then sure. Ill get something from SF

My work pieces. Probably not so much. Unless pricing appropriate to enhance and I don't have to worry about it. I easily drop one of mine from 10'+ to concrete each week

Ill be interested to hear what the pivot goes for

Maybe Mike has some inside scoop Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard from Mike in a while...I'll bet he has his hands full with some writing project...

Oh, and don't forget he'd be one of the big organizers for the USN Gathering next month in Vegas...that alone probably eats up some serious time...

I'll bet he still looks in on us once in a while though... Smile

posted Hide Post
No doubt. Something on that scale takes massive attention to detail I don't envy any of them. I organized pro/amateur whitewater competitions annually with 8 other people. I totally understand

I'd like to make it to the show. I'm in a wedding this year

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Dude...You should totally convince them to get married in LV during the Gathering! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Dude...You should totally convince them to get married in LV during the Gathering! Big Grin

It was hard enough for the parents to convince them to leave St Thomas

I'd much prefer there than Richmond

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Richmond, VA?

You will need protection.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
They left St. Thomas US Virgin Islands to move to Richmond VA? Are they insane? All the Rum in San Juan couldn't convince me to do that...

posted Hide Post
They did not move to Richmond

Just getting married there

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Richmond, VA?

You will need protection.

Think that's covered. Smile. Possibly maybe...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
So they'll live in St. Thomas?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes. They've been living in the VI's. on various islands French Brit US for many years

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:

Yes. They've been living in the VI's. on various islands French Brit US for many years

Lucky....so lucky... Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lucky....so lucky... Smile

The brides father is a member of the French Master Chef Council, I'm very much looking forward to meeting him. Has also held and holds a couple prestigious positions here domestically

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Wow...a world class French Chef? Unbelievable...

posted Hide Post
quote:

He's 1 of 12 that sit on the Council, deciding who will be nominated and inducted into the Society

I had the opportunity to eat at one of his mentored Chefs restaurants a few years ago in Atlanta...OMG incredible!! The same Chef has been since inducted into the Master Chef Society

Check your email Czechvar

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

He's 1 of 12 that sit on the Council, deciding who will be nominated and inducted into the Society

I had the opportunity to eat at one of his mentored Chefs restaurants a few years ago in Atlanta...OMG incredible!! The same Chef has been since inducted into the Master Chef Society

Check your email Czechvar

Got the email, read the link...Wow...just Wow...

Please give them all a great big SigForum congratulations...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The Crusader pivot bolts are definitely in. $170.

900 posts, where does the time all go?