SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
This link shows a very unique emerson knife. I'm no good at embedding pics, but seems to be a one of a kind item.

That's the one I thought Mr. Emerson might have made for Keith Richards of the Stones. I emailed them asking about it, but no answer yet. Pretty sure they're maxed out getting ready for the Blade Show and the Virtual Knife Show back to back...It is damned good looking...He does a great job with Micarta...

This exact knife is now on sale on ebay

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
It says he bought it at the 2012 Christmas Auction...So I'll bet he paid at least $1K for it. It's at $380 after 10 bids with 40 hours to go.

Does he have to sell it if he loses money on the sale?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERNEST...&hash=item3cd2a47dc1

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kbprice
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kbprice:
My Auto Commander I got from Steve@SCP Firearms. Awesome knife. Wonderful collaboration between Emerson and Kershaw.

Sweet!...We wrote those up on Page 9 of this Thread. When did Steve have those? That's one you don't see around much anymore.

I think he only ever got a couple. I jumped on it immediately when he posted it FS. Has probably been 3 years ago now. I'll have to look at the timestamp on my pic since I took it soon after I got it. The only thing I'm upset with is the fact that the insignia on the blade isn't like other Emerson's.

Posts: 1471 | Location: St. Petersburg, FL | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
My Auto Commander I got from Steve@SCP Firearms. Awesome knife. Wonderful collaboration between Emerson and Kershaw.

Sweet!...We wrote those up on Page 9 of this Thread. When did Steve have those? That's one you don't see around much anymore.

I think he only ever got a couple. I jumped on it immediately when he posted it FS. Has probably been 3 years ago now. I'll have to look at the timestamp on my pic since I took it soon after I got it. The only thing I'm upset with is the fact that the insignia on the blade isn't like other Emerson's.

Mr. Emerson has used a few different Logos over the years...Makes it more collectable...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
It says he bought it at the 2012 Christmas Auction...So I'll bet he paid at least $1K for it. It's at $380 after 10 bids with 40 hours to go.

Does he have to sell it if he loses money on the sale?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERNEST...&hash=item3cd2a47dc1

There is no reserve on the auction, so whether it sells for $5 or $5000 he has to honor the price. I expect it will go up quite a bit tomorrow, particularly at the end (sniping), but it will be very interesting to see if it reaches $1K or not.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Here's my one and only Emerson (so far at least). An Emerson A100. Thought a B&W photo would set it off.

I find myself carrying it more than I thought I would. It's slim design, and seemingly indestructible blade (I've used and abused it, yet it's still arm-shaving sharp), combined with it's great pocket clip which holds it snug, yet still allows me to withdraw it quicker than many of my other blades makes it one of my top choices for my EDC blade.

I will own at least one CQC-7 in the future when the timing is right, but for now, I'm quite happy with this one.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
That's great c-dubs. There is nothing better than a hard-working well-fitting knife. Smile

On an interesting note, with the balance of the mass of the blade on the gypsy one can - with the flick of the wrist - open the blade completely from the closed position. It's as fast as an auto opened that way.

"Blue moon" is now $510.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
Here's my one and only Emerson (so far at least). An Emerson A100. Thought a B&W photo would set it off.
I will own at least one CQC-7 in the future when the timing is right, but for now, I'm quite happy with this one.

That A100 is a great one to own, it's a terrific knife. I don't have that one but I do like it a lot.

Pacing yourself is a good idea, I've probably gone a bit overboard. Emerson isn't going anywhere...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
For sale on EBossHoss, a site I believe we discussed further on the thread.

Ernie Emerson Custom UBR Commader
UBR as in 10 1/2" OAL!

Like Shaq says, its a lot more than you expect!

Awsome Action
Perfect & Strong Lockup
Emerson Box (it kind of fits in there,) & Bag
Specs: 4 3/8" Blade; 10 1/2" OAL
Condition: Pre-owned in Mint Condition
$1,945 / Trade (Plus $15 for Insured 2nd-Day ContUS FedEx)

Logged In Member Price: $1,895 / Trade (Plus $15 for Insured 2nd-Day ContUS FedEx)

USN Member Price: $1,845 / Trade (Plus $10 for Insured 2nd-Day ContUS FedEx)

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Just noticed this little beauty while checking out the UBR at eBossHoss...Now THAT'S a neck knife... Smile

Ernie Emerson Custom Hell Beak

•1 of only 2 Ernie ever made.
•Emerson SpecWar Knives Logoed Custom
•Kydex Neck Sheath
•2 3/4" Blade; 7" OAL

posted Hide Post
^^^Jon does have some great Emmersons! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I got my two Death Spade Challenge Coins and Emerson Card Deck today...Autographed by the man himself. Very cool gear...

The Death Spade Coin is much nicer than the pictures could possibly show...The blacks and Silvers are brilliant, and the coin is heavy enough to break car windows...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got my two Death Spade Challenge Coins and Emerson Card Deck today...Autographed by the man himself. Very cool gear...

The Death Spade Coin is much nicer than the pictures could possibly show...The blacks and Silvers are brilliant, and the coin is heavy enough to break car windows...

I agree completely about the coins and cards. BTW "Blue moon" went for a shade over $800, so if that was you Czech I hope you enjoy it Smile I wasn't willing to go that high. Well, I was willing, but...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Too rich for my blood...and too fancy...

I did just use my ECA discount and ordered the Combat Karambit in Black...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
A number of Blade show Emersons just were announced for sale at E-BH.

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
For those looking for a Super Karambit with the Satin finish, I came across this: http://www.ccctactical.com/eme...s-super-karambit-bt/

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Those of you who actually know Jon over at eBossHoss...I'll bet he has some great stories to tell about the hardware that has passed through his hands...Like this one. Sometimes I don't understand why Ernie doesn't put a beauty like this in production after the prototype... Smile

quote:
Ernie Emerson Custom Karambit Commander Prototype

Under 3" Blade & Forward and Reverse Grip

•Recurve Commader Recurve Blade
•Emerson Custom -- Specwar Knives Logo
•Marked Prototype
•Wave Opening System
•Ergonomic Handle Design fits Forward and Reverse Grip perfectly
•Reverse or Forward Grip
•Total Ambidextrous Opening
•Black G10 Scales
•Drilled for Tip-up Either Pocket Carry
•Blacked Pivot and Hardware
•Great Action, Lock-up and Easy Lock Release
•Specs: 2 3/4" Blade (as the crow flies); 7 1/4" OAL

http://www.ebosshoss.com/trade...ander-prototype-2172

posted Hide Post
quote:
Those of you who actually know Jon over at eBossHoss...I'll bet he has some great stories to tell about the hardware that has passed through his hands...Like this one.

Know him?
Shhiiitttt..... We can tell more than a few good stories about each other. Wink

He has some BEAUTIFUL knives. Eek Watches too.
Don't get me started about the motorcycles.

IIRC, he was the largest Phil Boguszewski's blades outside of Phil himself.

I cant remember Jon's buddy's name, Ed Something... Reminds you of Elliot Goulds Character in "Oceans 11". He used to put on the Chicago Custom Knife Show.

From what I've heard from Jon, THAT guy has a collection that would make you faint.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Those of you who actually know Jon over at eBossHoss...I'll bet he has some great stories to tell about the hardware that has passed through his hands...Like this one.

Know him?
Shhiiitttt..... We can tell more than a few good stories about each other. Wink

He has some BEAUTIFUL knives. Eek Watches too.
Don't get me started about the motorcycles.

IIRC, he was the largest Phil Boguszewski's blades outside of Phil himself.

I cant remember Jon's buddy's name, Ed Something... Reminds you of Elliot Goulds Character in "Oceans 11". He used to put on the Chicago Custom Knife Show.

From what I've heard from Jon, THAT guy has a collection that would make you faint.

Well, when you see him again...Tell him we are all drooling over the knives on his website... Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Black 7, #2 of the few made just came online for sale if anyone has the spare cash lying around. (I'm not affiliated with the seller, etc etc). Just thought the knife, and the price, are amazing.