SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for that Gypsy Jack picture there Sam... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'll try. You know I suck at embedding stuff in forum posts.

My 2 favorite EDCs (as of today Smile )

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You did fine, and it looks great. You need to put one of those Silver Cross Skull pivot bolts on that...

Those Gypsy Jacks are in short supply, I haven't seen one in stock...where'd you manage to find one?

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
You did fine, and it looks great. You need to put one of those Silver Cross Skull pivot bolts on that...

Those Gypsy Jacks are in short supply, I haven't seen one in stock...where'd you manage to find one?

Where would ChuckFinley buy anything cool? In Florida of course Wink I fished it off a guy there on th"e bay". I have my eye on one other knife there this weekend. If successful I'm going to have to slow down after that!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Good fishing...post pics... Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Finally, The Virtual Knife Lottery 2013 video... Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
16:30 to 18:15 he says the card is going into a knife box, not a deck of cards. Did I misunderstand before that the card was going into a deck of cards or is he doing both giveaways?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
That's news to me...I only got as far as the Diamond 6 and had to break off...

Just played it back...Sounds like it's in a knife box all right...Better buy direct for a while... Smile

posted Hide Post
Just got this a few days ago, had a sudden bill come up so I had it up for sale and thankfully the bill worked itself out another way. So here's my newest Emerson, super desert Roadhouse. Sweet, sweet knife, fits my hand so well and it's just the right size for a knife for my use, love it!

Not all who wander are lost.

Posts: 474 | Location: Old Dominion | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Glad it worked out for you, trouble, especially after you chopped down that tree with it Wink

Very handsome knife. Lots of reasons to never "let go" of such a knife.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome...I think the Super Desert Roadhouse is the best looking knife Ernie makes these days...Mass and Power...

I want one too one day...Congrats...

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Do any of you know in what kind of #'s of the desert series were produced? Mine is #084, just curious how many there were.

Not all who wander are lost.

Posts: 474 | Location: Old Dominion | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
There is one that looks like yours for sale numbered 213, that I can find tonight.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
OK, Czechvar, one more successful fishing trip. High number, which is interesting... Wanted this one because two is one and one is none Wink

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying my Combat Karambit quite a bit, for a specialty blade shape it is fairly easy to put to daily common chores. I purchased a ZT560 about the same time and I've carried the Emerson quite a bit more frequently.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
OK, Czechvar, one more successful fishing trip. High number, which is interesting... Wanted this one because two is one and one is none Wink

How's the edge on the gut hook? Nice fishing trip...Is EBay the only place to find them anymore?

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I know he doesn't produce the NSAR any more. He has the SARK and pSARK, but these don't have the gut hook for cutting straps etc.

In 2 days I'll be eligible for cove membership at the other site we discussed, though I think one pays for that access. I am wondering what availability might be in there, though they all seem very enamoured of their own inventories over there so I'm sure that they won't be anything short of full market value.

This one fell into my lap because the newbie didn't do a very good job with the listing title, so a bit under market price perhaps.

When I get a chance later this week I'm going to compare the cut sharpness on some paracord and old pants between the two and see what I think the differences are, if any.

Picture of kbprice
posted Hide Post
My Auto Commander I got from Steve@SCP Firearms. Awesome knife. Wonderful collaboration between Emerson and Kershaw.

Posts: 1471 | Location: St. Petersburg, FL | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbprice:
My Auto Commander I got from Steve@SCP Firearms. Awesome knife. Wonderful collaboration between Emerson and Kershaw.

Sweet!...We wrote those up on Page 9 of this Thread. When did Steve have those? That's one you don't see around much anymore.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trouble:
Just got this a few days ago, had a sudden bill come up so I had it up for sale and thankfully the bill worked itself out another way. So here's my newest Emerson, super desert Roadhouse. Sweet, sweet knife, fits my hand so well and it's just the right size for a knife for my use, love it!

One has gone up for sale today on th"e bay" #420.