SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very nice sale, indeed Smile

At this point I think I have all the EKIs I'll need/want for quite some time, leaving room for lottery and Christmas offerings down the road.

I have some stressors coming, and will be looking to sell my custom Azek Marud that only just arrived.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5648 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Wow! custom Azek Marud impressive Smile very interesting shapes!
-----------------------------------------------------------
“Death Spade Challenge Coin” and I have Wink

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/venom-72/view/989793/

even with a cover of David Abramson.
http://www.liftersleather.com/...ntact_and_Links.html

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Vemon, are you thinking of getting an Azek Marud? Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Oh, no Smile I prefer serial models from Ernie that I could customize himself Wink

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/venom-72/view/941204/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vemon,

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Dudes...Ernie is officially on board! Is this awesome or what! I'm totally psyched...

He signed up Jan. 22, and I didn't even see the Thread he started. Where was my head????? Eek

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Dudes...Ernie is officially on board! Is this awesome or what! I'm totally psyched...

He signed up Jan. 22, and I didn't even see the Thread he started. Where was my head????? Eek

Thank you for pointing that out! Lord only knows how long it would have been before I noticed it on my own.

Uplifted my whole day.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5648 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
and while we're anxious waiting Mr. Emerson, I'll put photos Smile

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/venom-72/view/1033987/

posted Hide Post
ECA knives incoming

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6238 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
ECA knives incoming

I saw the partial pic. There are no updates in the ECA page or knives yet, any idea what it will be? A 45?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
and while we're anxious waiting Mr. Emerson, I'll put photos Smile

Vemon, you have some sweet blades, I love the pictures.

Hey, is Moscow a fun place to live?

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Czechvar, thanks! yes I have couple of knifes , from Ernie and I like to photograph Smile
Moscow the beautiful city for life, but as well as in all megalopolises, here is the nuances Wink
invasion of migrant workers for example ..

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
ECA knives incoming

I saw the partial pic. There are no updates in the ECA page or knives yet, any idea what it will be? A 45?

No idea what they will be. Saw the post on the emerson app. I'm not an ECA member as of yet. Hopefully soon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6238 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
Czechvar, thanks! yes I have couple of knifes , from Ernie and I like to photograph Smile
Moscow the beautiful city for life, but as well as in all megalopolises, here is the nuances Wink
invasion of migrant workers for example ..
Maybe you could take some pictures of Moscow...Create a Thread in the Gallery section. Very few of us have been there, although many of us have read a lot about it. Show us your Moscow, the parts you like.

I've been following the Weather information...It seems that Moscow is warmer than my Minnesota...

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Yes, with weather really troubles, at us all -5 с Smile
with a photo I will try in the next time.
offtop,sorry!

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Knife of the Year 2014 now for sale to ECA members (68 available at this moment):

The Regiment

I am inspired. For me inspiration has always driven my creative process. And because I am inspired by those who have done so much good, who have accomplished such great deeds or who have overcome such formidable obstacles against great odds, I will never be at a loss for such inspiration because it surrounds us in so many ways. Bravery, honor, heroism, wisdom, and courage have inspired others to greatness throughout history and I am one of those so inspired.

One of the groups I have admired over the years is the elite fighting unit of the British Military, the Special Air Service, the SAS. The 22nd SAS, called simply, "The Regiment, "by its members are some of the toughest soldiers on earth, and they've been at it since World War II, cutting their teeth fighting in lightening raids, deep behind enemy lines in the campaign in North Africa during the second World War. As the unit grew, matured, and evolved, it became the first dedicated counter terrorist unit of modern times, developing many of the tactics and training techniques used as the model for almost all other counter terrorist units now existing throughout the world's militaries.

They are an extremely secretive group and believe me, very little is actually known publicly of their many exploits over the last 75 years or so. Suffice it to say, if there was a bad guy or bad things happening somewhere in the world, the SAS was probably there. They are dear friends of our elite military units and many times they have worked directly and in concert with the SEAL Teams, CAG (Delta Force) and the CIA Special Activities Division to name but a few. I have had the rare privilege to work with and know a handful of Brits from the Regiment over the years and I have always been impressed and inspired.
In honor of their bravery, their gallantry, and Elan I have created and named this knife, "The Regiment." It's one helluva knife and it will never let you down when you need it. Just remember their motto, "Who Dares Wins."

Cheers Brothers,
Ernest Emerson

P.S. Did you know that Sir Christopher Lee, (Dracula, Lord Sauron) was a plank owner of the original 22nd SAS? I told you that they kept their secrets.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Really good looking knife...Sort of a cross between the HMMV and a Bowie...I like it. Pity I just bought a CZ455.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I agree. There has been a definite drift in this handle direction with some recent offerings, so I'll be very interested to hold it. I'll still keep my funky blade fetish, and my EDC rotation intact.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Chinese fakes all have seen? Frown

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/venom-72/view/1035847/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen that one, but there are a number of give-away's on that one as a forgery. the torx screws, the pivot, the take off to the wave. Can't tell about the logo from the picture.

There is this page on the EKI website reviewing fakes. If this comes from a certain website not listed on that page you could send the information to Megan at EKI. She is in charge of the counterfeit management.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
The work of my good friend:

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/venom-72/view/1039029/

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/venom-72/view/1039037/

seeing this particular knife, I customized some of its Smile