SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Some days were extraordinarily long, and Ernest worked his fingers to the bone... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Just posted to their FB page:

We Have Stonewashed Non Serrated La Griffes Available.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Some of the custom knives (for the May 18th Virtual Knife Show and May 31 Blade Show) in the final stages of buildup...Check out the 3rd from the top - The Patriot. That's the one I want to see...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Emerson Custom Gladius Folder With Mother Of Pearl Being Finished Up For The Atlanta Blade Show.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I've not seen the Virtual Knife Show before, so I'm not sure what's going to happen. Here's the 2012 online Auction so it may be a little like this, if not there are still some beautiful knives in this video...At about 4:10 in he presents a Damascus Persian that is unreal...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
From their FB page:

Ernest Grinding Custom Knives For The Blade Show in Atlanta May 31 - June 2.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Just came across Emersons Twitter feed:

Tweets

Emerson Knives‏@Emerson_knives3h
We Are Building Super Roadhouses With Stonewashed Blades.

Picture of gator97
posted Hide Post
Czechvar, I am holding you and in this thread personally responsible for my new addiction to Emerson knives. Smile

After following this thread for a couple weeks, I developed a sudden need for a new knife. I bought a mini Cqc 15. It is bad ass!! My only problem, is now I want more....

Posts: 843 | Location: Greenville,SC | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gator97:
Czechvar, I am holding you and in this thread personally responsible for my new addiction to Emerson knives. Smile

After following this thread for a couple weeks, I developed a sudden need for a new knife. I bought a mini Cqc 15. It is bad ass!! My only problem, is now I want more....

I know...It's like the day you discovered Nutella, right?

Pace yourself man...Build a list of targets and acquire them over time...Emersons isn't going anywhere anytime soon... Smile

I myself would like a few more...Super Roadhouse Desert, Super Karambit, and maybe one or two others...I just had to slow the pace down.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Now, here are the results and pictures of the 2012 Christmas Lottery and Auction. It seems that this is also where a person would have entered bids at Emerson Auctions for each Auction Knife, or would have been able to access the UStream Channel to see if their name was drawn for the Lottery.

http://emersonknives.com/ekEmersonChristmasShow.php

Picture of rstickle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gator97:

It would appear that Emerson knives are like SIGs and potato chips, you can't have just one!!

Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Posts: 441 | Location: Laurel, MD | Registered: December 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You mean "You can't have just 12"...more like it Smile

I got a first hand intro to my CQC-7 a little bit ago. I was replacing a switch on a fan/light and had to strip a few wires...something I've done many times without a nick. The first time I turned the wire over to cut the insulation that 7 kept on going into my thumb...it was so sharp I barely noticed it 'til the blood started coming.

I was a little more careful after that... Big Grin

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
A really great pic from the Emerson FB page:

Exactly like the SOCFK-B I just got...less the Grenade...which they wouldn't include as swag... Frown

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
From the Emerson FB Page (Just came out):

Jungle Commanders Going Out To Emerson Prestige Dealers Today!

These are the full sized Commanders (3.75") with green G-10 handles and Black Blades.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
From the FB page concerning Karambits, a heads up...Coming in June:

Jeff Cary: would rather see you guys pumping out some combat karambits so we can actually own one lol

Emerson Knives, Inc.: Jeff Cary We have Karambits coming through in the beginning of June. If you're interested I would highly recommend getting put on the back order list because we always sell out

Picture of gator97
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
From the Emerson FB Page (Just came out):

Jungle Commanders Going Out To Emerson Prestige Dealers Today!

These are the full sized Commanders (3.75") with green G-10 handles and Black Blades.

Love it! Those pics of the cqc6 have me drooling also. I wish they had a similar appearing model with an edc price point....I guess I'll just keep dreaming.

Posts: 843 | Location: Greenville,SC | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Those 6's are otherworldly amazing...I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a Custom Six. That's OK 'cause I'm really very happy with the production knives, and I don't mind scratches or dings. If I had one of those Custom Sixes I'd freak if I marred it in any way... : Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
From the Emerson FB page:

Commander with a Damascus Blade...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
This was over at BladeForums, and I thought it was a Troll at first...Turns out the guy was totally serious. The exchange goes on for 3 pages... Smile

quote:

05-03-2013, 08:54 PM#1

NJG123

Dissapointed(Traveler SF)

I just bought an emerson traveler sf and am extremely disappointed. The knife came with a pocket clip that should be for left handed people. The knife has a big hook or shark fin looking thing on the blade that catches my pants when I pull it out of my right pocket. So everytime I pull the knife out of my pocket it opens the knife which is dangerous. Also, when opening the knife and locking it, it doesn't feel like it locks into place. Then when opening the knife from a closed position it catches on something and is kind of hard to open the knife. I am SOOOOO disappointed. I have over 10 pocket knives, none of them under 50 bucks and I like everyone of those. This one I cant even use!!!!!!!!! Does anyone have this knife? I read a thread on overrated knives on this site and emereson was one that most said was overrated. I guess I should have listened.
I bought it but I I just think the "wave" shouldn't be face towards the edge of my right pocket. If there were other options where to put the clip that would be great. This one doesn't. So is it not made to wear in your pocket? Or is it suppose to be in your left pocket? Every other knife I have there is no problem with this or it has the option to move the clip to where you desire. I wear the knife on my right pocket and so does everyone other right handed person I know. In this case wearing the knife in my right pocket is dangerous. Is it made to be this way? Or is it not made to be in my pocket? Please let me know. Maybe there is something im not getting about the knife. That is not meant to be sarcastic. I want to wear the knife in my right pocket like I do all my knives and wont carry this one because its dangerous. If its not meant to be carried in a pocket I will return it.
so is the knife not made to be worn in the pocket? It just seems like I should be able to wear the knife in my pocket without having to worry its going to cut me everytime I open it? Im surprised I got some of the responses I did. I noticed the wave but just figured the clip would be positioned to wear the wave was away from the side of my pocket??? So it is supposed to be that way and I just need to tough it out and risk getting cut?
wow I did not realize that. I do feel kind of stupid now. I had no idea. Not a knife expert but just like pocket knives. Now I understand the purpose. I can honestly understand the post making fun. Although, had I realized this when I bought it, I wouldn't have bought it. Still seems dangerous. I just want to pull the knife out of my pocket and use it. I don't need to have the wave to make me open it faster. I probably paid more money for the "wave" too.
I just looked on amazon where I ordered it and there is no explanation of the wave feature. Just thought I was getting a regular knife and was pissed it was almost cutting me everyone time I wanted to use it.

Here's the rest...
http://www.bladeforums.com/for...apointed(Traveler-SF)

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Virtual Knife Show rescheduled a bit...

quote:

Today, 03:43 PM#1

Ernest Emerson

Dear Members,

I need to postpone the Emerson Spring Virtual Knife Show and Auction. Quite frankly, I bit off more than could chew. With the BLADE Show only two weeks after the virtual knife show I realized today that I could not get the knives finished for either show if I didn’t postpone the Emerson Virtual Show. So it has been rescheduled to the weekend after the BLADE Show, Sat. Jun 8. In the end it will be better for both the Emerson show and you, because I won’t be rushing (as much) and I’ll be able to add a couple of additional items. So, I hope this will not cause anyone a problem. We’re going to call it the after BLADE Show party. I will update. When you see what I’m building, you’ll know why.

My Best Regards,
Ernest Emerson.