SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I just noticed that they have the Bullnose Karambit available on Emerson's page. I'm tempted to pick one up since it's a more practical style of blade but the Combat Karambit is just sooooooo sexy.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
The Mini CQC-15 fits me the best, but the ergonomics of the SOCFK follow closely behind despite the fact that it's a full size handle. The Karambit is in third place but only because the finger hole spreads my pinkie and ring finger a little further apart. The Karambit comes tapped on both sides from the factory.

As a note, I got my Karambit from osograndeknives.com for $213 shipped after using their Father's Day coupon. Last time I looked, they had more in stock.

To me that's a difficult website to navigate. I did get where I wanted to look, but ended up being a dry well right now. I don't mind it being dry, but it was tough to figure out, and it isn't like I'm not on the internet a lot Roll Eyes

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
To me that's a difficult website to navigate. I did get where I wanted to look, but ended up being a dry well right now. I don't mind it being dry, but it was tough to figure out, and it isn't like I'm not on the internet a lot Roll Eyes

I just did a product search and it took me right to it. You're right, though, that the site is rather clunky.

Here it is in case you're wondering: http://www.osograndeknives.com...74.html#.UbZH3rnD-M8

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Armed American Radio hosted a radio version of the Seminar Ernest Emerson gave at Blade 2013. It consists of three hour long segments and can be downloaded as a Podcast. "The Way of The Warrior" with Ernest Emerson of Emerson Knives and retired Navy SEAL Larry Yatch. This is worth the time to listen...good stuff from two of the MOST qualified warriors in the world.

http://armedamericanradio.org/aar-post-board/

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Czech, if I recall correctly you like the green handled Emersons, so I thought you might like to see this one.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know...Just not quite 'collectable' to me...

I listened to the first hour of the AAR Podcast tonight and it really is excellent...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Remember the 5 DVD set of Emerson Edged Weapon Training?

Well, it looks like it's being broken up into 5 separate DVDs...You may want to buy it somewhere now...It's less expensive as a set.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
One of the most unusual instances of Ernest Emerson's creative 'branching out' is the establishment of a small scale guitar manufacturing operation...It does not appear to have matured yet...still in the early stages perhaps...

Everything I've read indicates Mr. Emerson does love his music, and if you look in the Emerson Store you'll find some really exceptionally nice Guitar Picks. He also just created a new fixed blade knife and named it "Government Mule", one of his favorite bands.

http://ernestemersoncustomguitars.com/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Nice tiger maple.

Have a gypsy on the way to me. We'll see what I think when I have it.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Emersons posted this on FB, their new "Death Spade" Challenge Coin. The Death Spade is the Snipers calling card...I will get one when they're released soon.

They are now for sale!

I know you like your privacy Czech, but I have ordered one for you. So, it is up to you. My email is in my profile. If you are OK giving me an address I'll get it up to you. If you'd rather not, then I understand and don't sweat it, but I'd order soon.

EDIT: You might like to see the birthday cake pic on the site!

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Emersons posted this on FB, their new "Death Spade" Challenge Coin. The Death Spade is the Snipers calling card...I will get one when they're released soon.
They are now for sale!

I know you like your privacy Czech, but I have ordered one for you. So, it is up to you. My email is in my profile. If you are OK giving me an address I'll get it up to you. If you'd rather not, then I understand and don't sweat it, but I'd order soon.

EDIT: You might like to see the birthday cake pic on the site!

Thanks for the kind thoughts...But I already ordered the Coin and a deck of cards earlier! Ha, great minds...

And I've seen that Skull Cake, pretty cool but black icing might be hard to eat...the food coloring has to play havoc on your teeth...

How do you like Burn Notice so far? My opinion I think they've done a good job...really interested in what that guy in Honduras is up to. I smell a major plot twist when they reveal that story...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Ernie autographs his decks of cards, at least some of them, BTW.

Are you saying that the golden ace opportunity has started?

As ironic as it might sound, I'm behind on my Burn Notice watching right now, but a couple projects from now and I should be back on board Smile

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
What do the Aces run?

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
What do the Aces run?

They're $13 and you can find them here: http://emersonknives.com/shop/...pade-challenge-coin/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Emerson FB page says that they will soon reenact the "Golden Ace" event as described on Page 10 of this Thread and reposted here. I don't know what the prizes will be, but the previous giveaway was the CQC-45 Prototype below (And I WILL be ordering some cards)... Smile:

quote:
And we have one deck, a very special deck that contains a very special card, “The Golden Ace”. This card is a Titanium Ace of Spades that is polished and anodized to a very special Gold color. In the spirit of Willie Wonka, the lucky person who buys the deck that has the Golden Ace wins an Emerson Grand Prize. The grand prize will be a hand-ground prototype full checkered CQC-45 Knife and a whole bunch of Emerson Swag and goodies that we'll be adding to as we go along. The prototype knife alone is worth $1,000.00.

Someone out there is going to be a very lucky card player and is going to take home a very sweet pot. If you are the one to get the deck with the Golden Ace, just get us a picture of you, the ace and the special code on the back of the card and all the prizes will be yours. Who will get the golden Ace? Who will it be?
Good Luck,
Ernest R. Emerson

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...ories/playing-cards/

There is this post and this link though I'm not sure if it has started, perhaps Czechvar knows.

Or there are the death spade challenge coins which are $13.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen anything to indicate the Golden Ace has started yet...But I am looking for it.

I just got off the phone with a very helpful and friendly Emerson tech...It has not started yet...keep watching their website and FB page. I know they have a bunch of the 'Tuck Top' card decks backordered...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
OK...coupla things.

1. I just got off the phone with Emersons...And changed my order to two Challenge Coins and one NICE Card Deck with case signed by Ernie.

2. Here's a little issue on the new website...I pointed out to them that when you go to buy a deck of cards, there is no 'Select Options' tab to order the nicer card deck in the case signed by Ernie. They said they'll fix that...but if you want 'em you need to call for now...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK...coupla things.

1. I just got off the phone with Emersons...And changed my order to two Challenge Coins and one NICE Card Deck with case signed by Ernie.

2. Here's a little issue on the new website...I pointed out to them that when you go to buy a deck of cards, there is no 'Select Options' tab to order the nicer card deck in the case signed by Ernie. They said they'll fix that...but if you want 'em you need to call for now...

When I ordered my test deck (to see how many golden chances I want to take) it came with the ace of spades autographed.

Did they give you any update on the golden ace promo?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
No...no updates...just wait and watch...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This link shows a very unique emerson knife. I'm no good at embedding pics, but seems to be a one of a kind item.

That's the one I thought Mr. Emerson might have made for Keith Richards of the Stones. I emailed them asking about it, but no answer yet. Pretty sure they're maxed out getting ready for the Blade Show and the Virtual Knife Show back to back...It is damned good looking...He does a great job with Micarta...

My gypsy jack came today. I was trepidatious about it, but wanted to try it. I really, really like it. The balance, curve and heft are very, very nice. It's a fun and useful alternative for daily carry, since it is a normal one, not a custom like the one pictured.