SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder what this knife is actually worth...Think about it and read this description. I think it's worth way more than the $6600 currently bid.

Besides the basic cost of materials it's the intangibles. A one of a kind Ernest Emerson Custom CQC-6 by itself is a Collectors dream knife.

quote:

This knife, called the Black Diamond Six is the most elegant knife Ernest Emerson has ever produced. This beautiful creation is a drop dead gorgeous version of the most sought after tactical knife of all time - The legendary Emerson CQC-6. (Born and Bred for Combat)

It features stunning flame anodized bolsters of Moku-Ti with perfect diamond checkered, midnight black micarta handles.

This masterpiece is adorned with a beautiful diamond encrusted pivot bolt and thumb button on the blade.

The backspacer is made from one piece of solid 18 karat white gold and a field of beautiful pave set diamonds.

The clip features the iconic, Emerson Bad Intent Skull, cast from solid 18 karat white gold to adorn the backside of the knife. In all, this magnificent creation features over 1.82 total carat weight in beautiful handpicked diamonds.

Being born and Bred for combat with a bona fide history of use, the words best used to describe this work are the ultimate expression of Elegant Aggression. For, despite its beauty and grace, this is still an Emerson Close Quarters Combat 6, (the CQC-6) and it would definitely live up to its name if you ever had to use it.

Our special thanks to Derrick Obatake and friends at Steel Flame for the beautiful jeweled adornments.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I hear what you're saying about the custom 6, but I can't help but think how many knives that I would actually use that would buy. I know. I'm defective.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The only knife in the Auction that is tempting to me is that Black Roadhouse...Of course I couldn't afford it. And if I did buy, it would just be a safe queen....maybe take it out at Christmas to caress it... Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
When you caress it you have to hiss

"My precious....my precious"

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
If I bought that I think my wife would kill me with it.

Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The Diamond 6 jumped to from $6,600 to $10,700 in heavy overnight bidding. Seven hours left to go.

https://emersonknives.cybrhost...-6&auction_id=100269

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The winning bid for the Diamond 6 is $11,000...Winning bid for the Chris Kyle Memorial Knife is $6,000 with all of those proceeds going to the Kyle family.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'm so pleased for the Kyle family. I picked Chris' second book up today.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Scored this Gentleman Jim today at a Knoxville gun show.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The Gentleman Jim is one that's given me a lot to think about. It's a cool looking knife, but not overtly tactical like so many others. I especially like it in black plainedge...That 3.75" long slim dagger looks like nothing else he's done...

Great pickup, congratulations on a fine knife...

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Yes, congrats 10x!
Was it at a dealer or private table?

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Dealer of Emersons named John O'Neil (Tenn-Tac).Nice guy as well.Thanks for the compliments. I'll blame my purchase on my predisposition and this snaking Emerson thread. Wanted to head to the Bladeshow but alas it was not to be. I love some RMJ Tactical, some Chris Reeve, some Harsey knives, and ZT Hinderer designs. This one I purchased today has been speaking to me for a week or two. I might have to spring for some of his whiskey glasses, I understand they are taylor made for JW Black.
Thanks guys. I know it's beating a dead horse but I have wanted a Kandahar fixed blade for quite a while. I,ll mow your lawn for one Mr.Emerson...

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the guy. As a Prestige dealer he gets priority on inventory and new releases...Good dealer to know.

http://www.tenntac.com/Knives-at-Tenn-Tac.html

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
I'm on some waitlists, as I'd like to use my coupon buying direct to get exactly what I want. I want to explore the authorized dealer like was linked above in more detail as well.

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
After a little trial and error to find out which size handles fit my hand best, these all showed up today (plus a Micro Commander is on the way). Now I'm fighting the urge to pick up a Horseman.

Mini CQC-15, SOCFK, Combat Karambit

Edited to add: Czechvar, my Karambit is a 2013 model with the standoffs.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I think these will all fit your hands well. I saw a youtube video where the reviewer noted that he was 6'4" and the Super Karambit wasjust too big for his hands.

How is the fit on the SOCFK?

Did you remove the clip on the Karambit, or is it double tapped?

Don't fight that CQC-8 Horseman too hard, that's a superb knife...maybe the best all around to me...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I'll tell you why I got the Karambit now. I called GP Knives to see if they had any Karambits coming. He said they put their invoices in but Emerson can only ship what they have.

I called Emerson and they said they still had some Karambits, but their Facebook page said they run out quickly when they make them. My WAG on the situation is that Emerson might not have a whole bunch to ship to distributers. I don't know for sure...But for $40 more than I'd pay at GP Knives this is a sure thing.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Sure, but from what I can tell they didn't have any Tanto Karambits, which is what I'd like. If it gets closer to when my coupon is expiring and they still don't have exactly what I want I'll try to not be so choosy.

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
The Mini CQC-15 fits me the best, but the ergonomics of the SOCFK follow closely behind despite the fact that it's a full size handle. The Karambit is in third place but only because the finger hole spreads my pinkie and ring finger a little further apart. The Karambit comes tapped on both sides from the factory.

As a note, I got my Karambit from osograndeknives.com for $213 shipped after using their Father's Day coupon. Last time I looked, they had more in stock.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I canceled my Combat Karambit. They have the Super Karambits scheduled for August, so I'll just wait. Save my coupon for the big one.