SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
So, in California he can make it but not possess it?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5648 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Well, of course he is a Prototype Tester...So I'm sure he gets a waiver on the age thing. Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
I have posted before, but I REALLY like my Commander...

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Blade starts next Friday, May 31...Clear your appointment books... Smile

Ernest Emerson Will Offer BLADE Show Seminar

Ernest Emerson, one of the leading names in both custom and factory knives, will conduct another of his always popular seminars at the 2013 BLADE Show and Living Ready Expo at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta May 31-June 2.

Entitled “Fight Like A Madman,” the seminar will give you the tools to train “your most effective weapon” against violence: your mind. “Train the mind and the body will follow,” Mr. Emerson noted. “Confront evil with the tools to stop it dead in its tracks.”

A pioneer of tactical folders with such pieces as his world-famous CQC-6, Mr. Emerson has been conducting seminars at the BLADE Show (www.bladeshow.com) for many years now. He always delivers in terms of information any and all can use in their daily lives. An accomplished martial artist in addition to being a world-class knifemaker, Mr. Emerson has developed a self-defense regimen called Emerson Combat Systems that has been taught to police officers, military units and civilians. His knives and systems have been celebrated in magazines, books, television, on the Internet and just about every media form known.

Mr. Emerson’s BLADE Show seminars focus more on the mental approach to dealing with outside threats to you, your family, your friends and those around you. As the saying goes, before you do anything well you’ve got to get your mind right, and Mr. Emerson stresses the importance of that in his BLADE Show seminars.

Mr. Emerson will conduct his BLADE Show seminar in the usual place and time: Saturday, June 1, at 1 p.m. in Room 104 of the Cobb Galleria Centre. All BLADE Show ticket holders are admitted free of charge. However, seating is limited, so first come, first served.

http://www.blademag.com/tactic...r-blade-show-seminar

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
These Emerson Daggers are amazing, and I can't find out much about them. Can't find them for sale anywhere, but I'd really like to have one...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
This Dagger is unique...And I don't believe it's been released yet for members of the Order of The Black Shamrock. I can totally see this in Rennaissance Italy...This Prototype is almost 9" long.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Emersons posted this on FB, their new "Death Spade" Challenge Coin. The Death Spade is the Snipers calling card...I will get one when they're released soon.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Czechvar:
These Emerson Daggers are amazing, and I can't find out much about them. Can't find them for sale anywhere, but I'd really like to have one...

^Ditto!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5648 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a usefull new offering from the Emerson Store. A Tap and Drill kit to move the Clip for Left hand carry...

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...for-left-hand-carry/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's a usefull new offering from the Emerson Store. A Tap and Drill kit to move the Clip for Left hand carry...

That makes it easier for sure, but for lefties isn't it still less than optimal as the cutting edge is on the wrong side for them on single edge blades? He doesn't have a photo on the new web page.

EDIT:
P.S. Do you know if the collector's association is a 1x or annual fee?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The ECA is a one time fee of $50 plus shipping for the swag (T-Shirt and stuff). I placed my order to join about 5 minutes ago (I had been meaning to) and it came to $64.79. Shipping from LA is a little spendy I guess...

Product Description

Once you become an official member your benefits will include:

An Emerson Certificate with your official membership number entitling you to
“special” consideration, along with the official ECA T-Shirt.

A 15% off coupon for any Emerson Knife in the Emerson production line catalog.
This does not include custom knives, custom production knives, Collector Editions,
special editions, or any non-standard catalog features. Coupon is good for 6
months from membership signup date and one time use only.

Advanced notification (before the general public) on pending introductions and sale of
new models, unique items or rare finds such as low serial numbers, or even rare
discoveries such as we had when we found the “98″ Commanders.

First choices of low serial numbers on any new production models that come out
from Emerson Knives, Inc. and first choices on limited production runs of new or
experimental models that we are prototyping.

Your chance to own one of the official collector’s knife of the year models

http://emersonknives.com/colle...lectors-association/

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:

That makes it easier for sure, but for lefties isn't it still less than optimal as the cutting edge is on the wrong side for them on single edge blades? He doesn't have a photo on the new web page.

The way I remember Ernest explaining it, he puts his edge on the 'left' side for esthetics, and it doesn't matter which side the cut is on for it's intended purpose.

Now, the Japanese Chefs knives put their grind on the opposite side for cutting and 'pushing' away food. The flat side leaves a nice clean edge. So unless you're using your knife like a Chef's knife there's no difference.

If I was a leftie, and holding my CQC-7 in my left hand while cutting rope or cardboard, I would see it as advantageous to have the grind like it is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
So... I've been putting off the membership as well and just tried to do it.

"Sorry, it seems that there are no available shipping methods for your location (United States). If you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements please contact us."

Seems they have a glitch in their software. Still trying...

EDIT: Tried 2 browsers. Would seem Emerson would recognize the United States as a place to ship things...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I've read a few comments about the new Storefront being a little tempermental. You just may have to phone it in...

A few seconds after I placed the order I got 2 emails. One Order Receipt, and the next an automated Thank You from Mary Emerson. And it shows up under my account...knock on wood...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is for Blade, and it isn't on the list of new knives for the Virtual Knife Show and Lottery...It is announced on the Emerson FB page as:

quote:
Emerson Custom Combat Systems Full Dress Fighter
Folder

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I've been interested in the CQC-14 for a while. The idea of a 'full' sized blade that is only 2.7" long, I imagine this allows you to develop some good 'torque' if you're cutting things up like cardboard. Coupled with a full sized handle could be very useful to some people in cities with pretty strict knife laws...Don't know if I'll ever get one, but a fine looking piece of equipment nonetheless.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The CQC14 is as solid in the hand as any other full size knife.

The blade is sturdy and capable but small. Having never experienced that combination with anything before in my life the short blade is odd, and takes some getting used to.

In "short" it's a blade to have now in the event that future events lead to such a blade restriction where you live, but won't be the choice for daily service until such time (unless you already live in a municipality where this is already the rule.)

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
That...and it is kinda cool looking... Smile

A couple of weeks ago the kids and I went to our favorite Pizza joint for our usual Large Double Cheeze pizza. Well, that place has always had really dull knives...You couldn't cut warm butter with one. So finally, I whipped out my CQC-7 Stonewashed and used it...Cut that pizza like the Laser in "Goldfinger".

I'll use my own from now on...wait 'til they see my Super Commander cut pizza... Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck, did your ECA order ever go through?

I tried calling them today, but they seem to be closed for the Holiday. Their Website has been bouncing on and off all day.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
That...and it is kinda cool looking... Smile

A couple of weeks ago the kids and I went to our favorite Pizza joint for our usual Large Double Cheeze pizza. Well, that place has always had really dull knives...You couldn't cut warm butter with one. So finally, I whipped out my CQC-7 Stonewashed and used it...Cut that pizza like the Laser in "Goldfinger".

I'll use my own from now on...wait 'til they see my Super Commander cut pizza... Smile

LOL That is excellent! The family still talks about when I asked at the end of day 1 of a 3 day event if the wristband was good for 1 day or all 3. More specifically they talk about how big the security guard's eyes got when I pulled out my CQC7 and used it on myself to cut off the 1 day band.

My order never went through, so I emailed them. I expect to hear from them tomorrow.

EDIT: Now that I think about it the 14 might have been a better choice that day Wink