SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I have a Horseman on the way! Can't wait!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
I have a Horseman on the way! Can't wait!

Big Grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6232 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Congratulations John & MG! Use them hard. Use them well.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
You guys are such enablers! Cool I have been avoiding this thread for the longest time but yall keep talking in it and bumping it up, then here I come opening up the first page and a few hours later I'm pulling out my wallet.

I actually have 2 family farms, so I think the horseman was a good choice! I was pretty conflicted on whether to get the plain edge or combo edge. I know the benefits and limitations of both but ended up going with the plain edge.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

Same here...Congratulations and enjoy.

John, we want to hear your eval on how it works for you and if you still have concerns.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

Same here...Congratulations and enjoy.

John, we want to hear your eval on how it works for you and if you still have concerns.

Thanks. Yeah I will post up an eval for sure. I have 2 family farms so I hope to put it to good use out there.

Posted from my iPhone.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
That's supposed to be precisely the situation where that knife shines most, so very interested to hear your experience.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Will the wave feature open a beer bottle?

Posted from my iPhone.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Funny you should mention that. Ernie originally put it on a Commander for some SEALS as a blade catching device for fighting, they drove away from his ranch and called back later to inform him that, besides opening beer bottles, it opened the blade when drawn from the pocket. Thus was born the Wave Shaped Opening Feature (As patented).

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
If you watch this video the whole video is a great introduction, but the wave story starts just after the 26:00 mark. Runs to 30.16 mark.

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

Funny you should mention that. Ernie originally put it on a Commander for some SEALS as a blade catching device for fighting, they drove away from his ranch and called back later to inform him that, besides opening beer bottles, it opened the blade when drawn from the pocket. Thus was born the Wave Shaped Opening Feature (As patented).

Wow, so he discovered that by accident. Man these knives keep getting cooler and cooler.

Posted from my iPhone.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, so he discovered that by accident. Man these knives keep getting cooler and cooler.

Yes. He couldn't patent the feature as "Wave" because Leatherman had patented that name in 1999. Ernie just used a more specific term when he filed. The story is on page 4 in this Thread.

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you watch this video the whole video is a great introduction, but the wave story starts just after the 26:00 mark. Runs to 30.16 mark.

That was an awesome video! Thanks for posting.

Posted from my iPhone.

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
My Horseman shipped today from Knifeworks which is pretty impressive considering how many knife orders they probably got over the weekend. They aren't but 300 miles or so away from me so hopefully I will get it on the 26th! I plan on logging some hunting hours at the farm this weekend, so if I get a deer I will definitely be trying out the Horseman on it.

Posted from my iPhone.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I will say that the USPS has been getting the job done this week. Stuff I ordered Saturday came today.

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
That's pretty fast! Maybe I will get it tomorrow then. All it says is electronic info received so I doubt it.

It updated. Says expected delivery will be the 26th.

Posted from my iPhone.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Post for the holiday season, the three wise men Wink

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/gregandkat/20131224_143655_zpsfpvwr0zd.jpg"> [/IMG]

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Post for the holiday season, the three wise men Wink

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Thats good lookin there Chuck! Love the lanyards too.

What Emersons are they?

Posted from my iPhone.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Top to bottom a Gypsy Jack, Benchmade/Emerson CQC7/and mini CQC15.

All Schmuckatelli beads One eye'd Jack, Green man (in blue) and Emerson skull