SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
What 'Spa' treatment?

I called and talked to them about the lanyards...The person who makes them has been out on medical leave and won't return for a little while. So they have a big backlog to work through.

So I got 6 of the pewter skulls from them and some paracord from Amazon and I'll make my own. Tons of youtube videos on it. I think I really like those mummy lanyards... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Copied from his service form

"SPA TREATMENT $45.00 (INLCUDES SHARPENING, REPLACE SCREWS, CLIP, WASHERS, THUMB BUTTON)"

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5679 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Had to jump on it...Ordered from GP Knives today...I got their last Black Serrated SOCFK, after they started with eight of this model Monday they sold out Wednesday. The stonewashed model sold out faster than that. Hot item.

The Limited Run of Special Operations Combat Folding Knife (SOCFK) just became available if someone is looking for one. This is a highly desireable knife for collectors. It's similar to a CQC-7... Here's the description:

quote:
The Emerson Knives S.O.C.F.K. (Special Operations Combat Folding Knife) Black coated Tanto with a partially serrated edge blade has been resurrected for a limited Prestige run. The 154CM tanto style blade is chisel ground to handle intense cutting purposes. The blade can be quickly deployed from the pocket with the Emerson wave feature or with the ambidextrous thumb disc. Textured black G10 epoxy/glass laminate scales are secured to aerospace grade titanium liners, one forming a liner lock. Comes with a black pocket clip for tip-up pocket carry. Brand new direct from Emerson Knives. Made in USA.

SOCFK

CQC-7 (For Comparison)

As far as I can see...The Grip is better on the SOCFK (SPECWAR handle), no swedge on the SOCFK, and I believe this is the first Emerson knife outside of the Commander series to employ the Wave opener.

http://www.gpknives.com/emerso...fkblackserrated.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Pics of other peoples toys that they uploaded to the Emerson Photo Gallery...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
These blades were for the Roadhouse Zombie Eradication Team run in Feb...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Like the Emerson Knives slogan says "Famous in the worst places"... Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
One of our guys in a bad place with his Emerson Commander...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Tats are popular amongst the Emerson knife owners...From the Emerson Photo Gallery:

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Another great Emerson Customer Service story...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
From Sept 2010...Read carefully...

The Letter...

The Knife...

Needs more cowbell!
Picture of code33
posted Hide Post
I've used this Commander on duty since I bought it in 2000. It needed a good sharpening and the liner lock changed. I just sent it in for the spa treatment on the 18th, and got it back today, the 25th! From being mailed, and coming back to my mailbox in 8 days! Great service, me thinks.

I'm happy I ponied up the dough 13 years ago for this knife. At the time I think I had buyers remorse because I had never spent so much money before for a knife. It was more than worth it.

obligatory pic:

Posts: 1530 | Location: Oakland, California | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by code33:
I've used this Commander on duty since I bought it in 2000. It needed a good sharpening and the liner lock changed. I just sent it in for the spa treatment on the 18th, and got it back today, the 25th! From being mailed, and coming back to my mailbox in 8 days! Great service, me thinks.

I'm happy I ponied up the dough 13 years ago for this knife. At the time I think I had buyers remorse because I had never spent so much money before for a knife. It was more than worth it.

obligatory pic:

You should send your story and picture in to Emersons CC...I'd bet they add you to their Testimonials section...beauty of a Commander there, looks like it's held up great. Tough as an M1A1...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with the nice people at Emersons...They had one of these left and offered it to me, so I really lucked out. They don't make many of these, and don't make them very often. The Order Of The Black Shamrock...Which I joined a few days ago...my new knife is in transit now. So I'll get my SOCFK and OBS Knife very soon...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The Death Spade from the Emerson Card Deck...Once Ernest put a gold card in one of the decks...Sort of like Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Anyway, the person who got that deck won an Emerson Custom Knife...sweet!

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
And we have one deck, a very special deck that contains a very special card, “The Golden Ace”. This card is a Titanium Ace of Spades that is polished and anodized to a very special Gold color. In the spirit of Willie Wonka, the lucky person who buys the deck that has the Golden Ace wins an Emerson Grand Prize. The grand prize will be a hand-ground prototype full checkered CQC-45 Knife and a whole bunch of Emerson Swag and goodies that we'll be adding to as we go along. The prototype knife alone is worth $1,000.00.

Someone out there is going to be a very lucky card player and is going to take home a very sweet pot. If you are the one to get the deck with the Golden Ace, just get us a picture of you, the ace and the special code on the back of the card and all the prizes will be yours. Who will get the golden Ace? Who will it be?
Good Luck,
Ernest R. Emerson

http://www.emersonknives.com/ekPlayingCards.php

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
New Emerson Custom CQC-45 in Walnut...Just a work of art, I'd love to have one of these some day. I think everything comes together in this one...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Another beautiful Ernest Emerson Custom Knife...