SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I understand that this place has nice accommodations.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Girls with a strong, athletic build are often given much heavier jobs. For example, they load sacks of flour for a prison bakery or unload mountains of coal," she said.
I'm sure this will keep her physique up to par so she can go right back to playing basketball when she gets out. They're doing her a favor! Big Grin

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awwww.... Poor what's-her-name!

The problem is, no re-runs of Beretta!
I learned a lot in the first minute of that TV Show:
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time
Don't go to bed with no price on your head

Don't do it...

And Fred thought he was a dog, not a cockatoo.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Big rocks into smaller rocks. Go.

Ahhh, boy I sure enjoy waking up a free man in the greatest country to ever exist. Not sure what I'll do today, the possibilities are endless. Maybe I'll walk outside, breathe the air, and look at the sky for a while. It really is the little things we take for granted. Maybe I'll get a cheeseburger. Maybe I'll take a nap. It really is a good life.

Britteepoo, if you score some internet access this is for you. Razz

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6983 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You load 16 tons,
Whadda ya get?

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
Big rocks into smaller rocks. Go.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
She’ll be home, Barry and Susan won’t let her go to waste, trading some terrorist or war criminals for her is worth the publicity. They could give two f:&/$ about the Marine, they’ll get her back home. Vlad may be looking for a bigger concession for her, which they’ll eventually give.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Perhaps, but I wouldn't bet on it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
She doesn't look too happy with her potential future.

Some tidbits from the Reuter's link-

"The colony was divided between a factory area where the prisoners made garments and gloves and a "living zone" where Alyokhina said 80 women lived in one room with just three toilets and no hot water."

"snowy prison yards, plank-like beds, long spells in solitary confinement and punishment for minor infringements such as an unbuttoned coat or poorly attached nametag."

"Prisoners could face punishment for inexplicable "offences" such as placing a wristwatch on a bedside table. The ultimate sanction was solitary confinement, known as "the Vatican".

quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
She’ll be home, Barry and Susan won’t let her go to waste, trading some terrorist or war criminals for her is worth the publicity.

If Democrats were going to do something drastic, they would have done it by now; her release would have meant bonus points for the midterms. Plus Putin doesn't strike me as a guy who would go along with anything that Biden, or Obama for that matter, would "demand". Putin would more likely tell them to FOAD.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
At least she's not in an oppressive American jail run by the rape culture patriarchy.

So, she's got that going for her.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You load 16 tons,
Whadda ya get?

Another day older and deeper in debt.

Posts: 6627 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Good thing she doesn't have to suffer the torment of living in this country.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
On the bright side, at least Russia won't put men in the prison with the women. So she has that going for her.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You load 16 tons,
Whadda ya get?

Another day older and deeper in debt.

St Peter don't call me,
cause I caint go...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2017 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Cute, but I suspect many won't get it.

quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Cute, but I suspect many won't get it.

quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

But those of us that do get it appreciate it! I was going to reply with, "Not everybody keeps their genitals in the same place.", but I figured that was starting to get pretty far afield from the topic at hand.

- Bret

Posts: 2467 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
For those keeping score at home,
messing around w/ a calendar day counter.
From the day of BG's arrest, it's been:
"It is 263 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 8 months, 21 days excluding the end date."

I wonder if it matches the markings on her cell wall.

Posts: 7373 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Off topic, that is a very good movie if you've never seen it.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post