SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Wow! I find myself actually agreeing with Putin…or at least one of his aides…

An aide to Vladimir Putin has said freeing WNBA star Brittney Griner from prison 'is not a priority' for the Kremlin.

The 31-year-old, a two-time Olympic basketball gold medalist, was arrested in February after she was allegedly caught carrying two vape cartridges containing cannabis oil at a Moscow airport by a police dog.

She was sentenced to nine years in a Russian prison on August 4 after pleading guilty.

Yury Ushakov, an advisor to Putin who spent a decade as Russia's ambassador to the United States between 1998 and 2008, believes Joe Biden merely wants to boost his grim-looking midterm election prospects.

Ushakov told Rossiya-1 on Sunday: 'In this tense situation, I think that he is thinking first and foremost about the upcoming midterm elections so he keeps emphasizing the need to bring back home the basketball player who was detained for drug smuggling. However, it's not the main issue that we are concerned about.'

More at link…

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's going to be a Russian Christmas for BG. Wonder if she has library access to look at a coffee table book of Russian Tattoo's.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now would be a good time for Britt to take a deep dive into Dostoyevsky: Crime and Punishment; Notes from the Underground; The Idiot.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or Gulag Archipelago.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I still don't know if he is in a men's or women's prison.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t fret Brit, we’re still the same pos country you so hated to be part of. I’m glad you spoke out for your hatred of the USA, Putin is making sure you don’t have to return. Enjoy the Peoples Paradise.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The bonus part of this is that her still being there will make Biden look weak(er). And the American hating commie gets to experience some real communism.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Now would be a good time for Britt to take a deep dive into Dostoyevsky: Crime and Punishment; Notes from the Underground; The Idiot.

She probably not capable of mentally digesting even a Cliff Notes version of any of those books.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

She probably not capable of mentally digesting even a Cliff Notes version of any of those books.

True, but the last one in the list is a good fit!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Maybe this will spur Shelia Jackson Lee to host another press conference to show how outraged (and ineffective) she is!!!!!!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After she finishes the above novels she could read The Trial by Kafka. You know for inspiration about her future.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I recommend Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, she'd get a real kick out of it.

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I recommend Midnight Express, a great read.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Ushakov told Rossiya-1 on Sunday: 'In this tense situation, I think that he is thinking first and foremost about the upcoming midterm elections so he keeps emphasizing the need to bring back home the basketball player who was detained for drug smuggling. However, it's not the main issue that we are concerned about.'

There's an old Russian saying Britney, Toughski Shitski.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 579 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:

There's an old Russian saying Britney, Toughski Shitski.

That looks more Polish to me...LOL

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Don’t fret Brit, we’re still the same pos country you so hated to be part of.
Yep.

Sorry, Brit, but I can't feel sorry for your plight. You got yourself there by behaving in either a clueless or entitled way, and you spoke nothing but ill of the country you now want to save your ass.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
In Russia, you are jailed for smuggling drugs.

In America, you get paid $220,000 a year while sitting in Russian jail for smuggling drugs.

What a country!

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for good ole' Brit's cell mate. I think I should bake the cell mate a cake. Anyone here have a good recipe for a shank? What about a shiv?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So a celebrity broke the laws and didn't get a free pass? Gee, that sucks. I'll have to put a reminder on my calendar to shed a few tears for her later today.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
She just didn't realize that all the boxes she checked in the USA that made her oh so special, for bouncing a ball and liking her own gender didn't mean shit in the U.S.S.R., I know it's Russia but I think Ole Vlad still thinks it the former.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post