SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
She just didn't realize that all the boxes she checked in the USA that made her oh so special, for bouncing a ball and liking her own gender didn't mean shit in the U.S.S.R., I know it's Russia but I think Ole Vlad still thinks it the former.

Vlad wants to return to the Soviet Union. He won’t say it but his actions speak it for him. From what I’ve read, the Soviets have no use and little respect for homosexuals.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if BG's wife Cherelle is listening to BB King sing 'The Thrill is Gone'. ...

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Well Brittney, looks like you'll need to get used to prison life for the next 9 years.

Russian court denies Brittney Griner's appeal of 9-year prison sentence

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if you read through the comments on that article, the sentiment seems to be the same as ours, which boils down to "Has it dawned on you yet, how very wrong you were about the United States?" and "You broke their laws and you are suffering the consequences, and that's exactly how it should be."

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Looking at the way this country has been operating for sometime now when it comes to crime and punishment it takes the Russians to show us how it is properly meted out. The irony.
As I've said before Putin is in complete and direct control on this situation. The court is not acting on anything here they are being told what action to take.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Were you at, Sheila? You’ve been keeping that gob of yours unusually quiet. Cmon, step up and lodge your hoof in your big mouth again. Please.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The court is not acting on anything here they are being told what action to take.

In other words it's acting within the measures she agrees with, not like the evil USA does.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
if only globalism could tell Russia what to do

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It might take her 9 more years to learn the right lesson from this. Right now she's trying to learn the wrong lessons

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't think she'll do anywhere near nine years. It would be fine with me if she did, though. At some point, she'll be used in a swap of minor league (like the WNBA) characters. As I said, if she is in jail for at least one full year, that's beautiful.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
‪While she’s ultimately responsible for her actions, I feel bad for her.

The entitled & woke population of this country made her feel invincible & without consequence; it’s a hard lesson to learn that not every country navigates foreign policy via Twitter mobs or virtual pitchforks‬.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't think she'll do anywhere near nine years. It would be fine with me if she did, though. At some point, she'll be used in a swap of minor league (like the WNBA) characters. As I said, if she is in jail for at least one full year, that's beautiful.

One year with her having full confidence that it will be 9.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

The entitled & woke population of this country made her feel invincible & without consequence; it’s a hard lesson to learn that not every country navigates foreign policy via Twitter mobs or virtual pitchforks‬.

I agree with this somewhat but still don’t give a rats azz about her. She’s young, an athlete and obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. She fell for the woke, media pushing BS like many gullible morons like her and now has to pay the price of stupidity.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I read that this morning

can't say I feel bad

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Seems a few days ago, she spent her 32nd birthday in a Russian prison.

Happy Fuckin' Birthday Brittany. Razz

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buh bye BG...

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad, soo sad...
Enjoy the time in the joint. Hopefully all them big-ole Russian women make you their bitch. 9 years is a loooonnnngggg time, especially in a cage that's way, far away.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to care. Really, really hard.

Don't care.

"Unlawfully detained"? I don't think so. Unlawfully detained would be snatching her off the street and shoved into an unmarked vehicle.

She was caught by the Russian version of TSA and she admitted her culpability.

I just went and refilled my coffee cup and ate some office Halloween candy.

Still don't care and the meter isn't moving.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I have no such sympathy. While yes, the social climate in this country is totally out of balance, when has it ever not been the case that when you're in another country, you tread real carefully so as to avoid getting trapped in their legal system? When I was in highschool, it was that asshole in Indonesia or wherever who got publically caned. I forget what he did, but I seem to remember it being drunken frat boy hijinx that I do remember thinking "I sure wouldn't have done that in a country that doesn't have basic sanitation figured out yet."

Just looked it up. Singapore. Sentence of six months imprisonment, six strokes of the cane (four administered) and a $3,700 fine for stealing road signs and vandalizing 18 cars. Kid burned himself up huffing butane a few months after getting home, and I'm betting that wasn't new behavior like he claims. You don't huff butane and then go steal and smash people's shit in Islamic countries, and apparently, you don't smoke weed in Russia. These are common sense things and both events are separated by nearly 30 years. Being young, entitled, and abusing substances is not a new thing and I don't think Twitter is at fault here. Now, yes, she's a celebrity and I'm sure there's quite a bit of rockstar mentality that played into this for her, but I don't think it excuses it. Real rockstars know to score locally. Sure, Led Zeppelin had their own dedicated cocaine waitress on the jet, but it was their jet and they weren't going through customs everywhere.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Griner's attorney told ABC News earlier this month that the basketball star is worried that she may not be released.
She'll be released...in nine years. See...she already has light at the end of the tunnel.

Posts: 9042 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post