SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And if I could have ever learned to hit the curve ball or throw 100mph left handed with movement, i would have been a MLB player. My current occupation just doesn’t pay the same. It’s a real injustice that an overweight middle age guy can’t make 10mm a year working 3rd shift at Walmart. I feel the CNN pain. Clearly This is all WNBA franchisees fault. If only they had paid those women millions to play in empty high school gyms. Better let those pro golfers who quit the PGA to go make multiples of what they were earning here to just show up in Dubai. Better let those guys know to not screw around and get caught with dope. Pretty sure those Muslim countries have some curious laws as well

The WNBA stands to lose dozens of dollars in revenue over this incident.

Posts: 4766 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
The NBA subsidizes the WNBA to keep it alive, because nobody cares about women's pro basketball. Want pay equal to the NBA? Then, start playing at that level, attract the same size crowds, sell as much merchandise, etc.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Bill Burr nails it as usual. That’s a “10”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
And if I could have ever learned to hit the curve ball or throw 100mph left handed with movement, i would have been a MLB player. My current occupation just doesn’t pay the same. It’s a real injustice that an overweight middle age guy can’t make 10mm a year working 3rd shift at Walmart. I feel the CNN pain. Clearly This is all WNBA franchisees fault. If only they had paid those women millions to play in empty high school gyms. Better let those pro golfers who quit the PGA to go make multiples of what they were earning here to just show up in Dubai. Better let those guys know to not screw around and get caught with dope. Pretty sure those Muslim countries have some curious laws as well

The WNBA stands to lose dozens of dollars in revenue over this incident.

Actually that’s not even what they are saying.

They are trying to argue that even if you can’t hit a curve ball or throw 100mph left handed, if playing baseball is your job then regardless of how terrible you are, you should get paid the same as comparable players in the MLB. So if you are the best pitcher on your church softball team then you should be pulling around 43 million.

I had to look that up by the way, professional sports has lost me after their leftist bullshit.

Also I’m sick of hearing about how she is being unjustly detained. She’s not being unjustly detained, she broke the law and plead guilty. She’s a fucking criminal and should be treated as such.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Well, now that the trial is over, Russia now seems interested in talking a trade.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...-russia-blinken-says

Posts: 4177 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Well, now that the trial is over, Russia now seems interested in talking a trade.

That’s the only reason they gave her such a harsh sentence. More bargaining power.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't they? They know we'll trade them someone of far more value for her. As bad as our track record is on prisoner swaps, I'm surprised more countries don't arrest Americans on trumped up or legitimate charges. They can't lose. Only we do.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm puzzled by how Tulsi, a seemingly principled person, can continue to associate with the Democrat party.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I'm puzzled by how Tulsi, a seemingly principled person, can continue to associate with the Democrat party.

Me too, but I think it's for the attention. If she switched to the GOP the media would not cover her as much.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Russia wants a trade for Griner? OK, how about we give them Harris and Pelosi and two other democrats to be named later?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Rumoe has it, the Rooskies are going to test her DNA, so they can properly assign her to the appropriate facility.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Rumoe has it, the Rooskies are going to test her DNA, so they can properly assign her to the appropriate facility.

Are they going to have one of those reveal announcements using pink or blue Tanerite or something?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Yup.

I’m getting tired of everyone saying she is being “wrongfully imprisoned”. Uh, no. She’s being properly imprisoned for committing a crime. There’s nothing wrongful about it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So we are fighting to get her back and willing to trade an arms dealer that’s linked to the deaths of thousands and thousands of people through his selling of arms to the highest bidder…

However Edward Snowden is still considered a traitor?

The current administration is more confused then the alphabet people and the pronoun people.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm with you. It's not like a star in Women's Basketball is at the pinnacle in this country. I'll bet few have actually watched a WNBA game.

She has a history of domestic violence and was outspoken against the national anthem. Not exactly an upstanding patriot.

How that is a trade that works to our nations benefit is beyond me.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

That’s the only reason they gave her such a harsh sentence. More bargaining power.

OK, they twisted my arm. They want her that badly, they can have her and we’ll take Nikita Kucherov.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dennis Rodman says he received permission to go to Russia to advocate for Brittney Griner's release from jail

No surprise here. LOL

LINK: https://www.foxnews.com/sports...griners-release-jail

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Cool! Maybe they'll keep him, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post