SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any experience with these LED lanterns?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with these LED lanterns? Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of 18650's. Skimming this thread, I see Fenix and Walmart's Ozark Trail have 18650 models. Any other 18650 units I should look at?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I have a bunch of 18650's. Skimming this thread, I see Fenix and Walmart's Ozark Trail have 18650 models. Any other 18650 units I should look at?

Last I checked, the Ozark Trail 18650 lanterns are not meant to accept user replaceable 18650 batteries. As far as I could tell, you had to open up the lantern to get to the battery, and there's no telling if the battery is permanently installed.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

Last I checked, the Ozark Trail 18650 lanterns are not meant to accept user replaceable 18650 batteries. As far as I could tell, you had to open up the lantern to get to the battery, and there's no telling if the battery is permanently installed.

Yep, thanks. I just bought one to see and the battery is hard wired in. It's going back. Not sure why someone would make such an item and not have easily changed batteries.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have the Siege D model. It lasts forever, throws tons of light, and I like the red filter for reading to the kids at night in the camper. We use it all the time for camping, and it has been excellent.

Posts: 8572 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Anyone considered reusable glow sticks? I don't know if this is the correct brand or not, but I know Air Force Research Labs as funding some R&D for this type of technology to replace current disposable glow sticks. Perhaps a better alternative than relying on batteries for light.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3629 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the 540 lumen model of the 3 D cell Streamlight Siege Coyote for delivery to my brother and SiL. Make a nice Christmas gift. I have one myself – nice to have when the power fails.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00DII7CTI/r...bc_dlC_bFMZFb53E5TWB

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post