SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad? Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I got the J&J (Janssen) shot today. So far, so good. No sign of a tail and no desire to dine on braaaiiiinnnnsss yet.

I will keep you all posted.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I got the Janssen (J&J) last Friday.

I got the chills about 10 hours later and felt a little tired the next day. Other than that, no issues.

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I got the J&J about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't tell I took it. No problems

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I just got my second Pfizer shot yesterday and no side effects at all for me. Not even soreness. Disclaimer: I only got the shots because my daughter-in-law will not allow anyone to see her child (my grandson) who is not vaccinated. Long story there that is best left unsaid... I am in no way, shape, or form concerned about contracting COVID personally.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my second Moderna vaccination on Tuesday. I spent Wednesday in bed more miserable than I can ever remember being. Still glad I got it (I guess).

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got first Moderna shot today. Arm hurts, like a flu shot.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I just had my second Moderna shot 4/5/21 about 11am. Rest of day no problem. Only typical shot in arm soreness. By evening got super tired. By bedtime chills. The kind where you kind of vibrate from each chill surge. Threw on an extra blanket and took tylenol. Didn't sleep good. By morning chills were over, but still tired. Lounged most of the day staying warm. Had no appetite. Took naproxin at bedtime. Slept better. By morning was pretty much back to normal. Appetite returned.

Today just a little soreness remains in the arm.

First Moderna shot was not as bad. There were no chills with the first shot.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son just got the J&J in CA.
He was tired and had a bad headache for two days but he already had covid.

My wife and I received the Moderna Vaccine in FL.

No side affects from the first shot. The second shot, she was tired and had a headache for two days, I had a headache for one and was a little tired.

My research of diving into the medical journals I can find online says J&J takes longer to build immunity, but they are claiming almost !00% when if finally does.

Moderan and PFizer build immunity faster but top out around 95%.

Those that get covid after being vaccinated have more mild cases rarely leading to hospitalizations.

A good site to read with good information is this:

https://medshadow.org/covid19-vaccine-side-effects/

I would get J&J at the moment if I had a choice.

Moderna and PFizer would be a toss up, I would not take AstraZeneca

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got Pfizer, no ill effects. Many of my students have Moderna, no reported ill effects from them. YMMV.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my 2nd Pfizer a couple of days ago. Mild side effects after both shots. Both times my arm was extremely sore for a day at the injection point, though it was more ornery with the first shot. Hearing went a bit haywire a few days after the first shot; my tinnitus went really dull which was a weird sensation after all these years but kind of neat, since I haven't experienced that sort of auditory silence in a couple of decades at least. The downside? A lot of my ability to hear anything above 8000 Hz went with the tinnitus as well. Last couple of weeks thanks to my mind's ear, listening to music from my past really sucked.

Hearing (and somewhat sadly the tinnitus) came back just in time for the 2nd shot. Dog tired for a day after the first, woke up to a nasty sore throat and right ear canal with the second. Went away after a few hours, though a day and a half later my right ear still feels a bit funky.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, it’s not the same as what many people consider “traditional” vaccines. Those use a dead or deactivated form of the actual virus. In other words, the shot injects the virus into you (hopefully it really is dead) in order to build up antibodies.

The new vaccines basically contain generic code instructions to make a harmless part of the virus (the spike protein) in order to stimulate the production of antibodies. The difference is in how the code instructions are transferred. The J&J viral vector includes the instruction in a modified cold virus that’s said to be harmless. The mRNA vaccines hold the instructions in a lipid shell that dissolves in the body.

The difference is in the delivery method. None of them do it the old way of injecting you with the virus. Personally, I’d rather do mRNA because they don’t inject you with a virus. Even though the J&J doesn’t use the COVID virus, they are still injecting you with a virus that they hope is harmless.

Another difference is the type of genetic material. The Pfizer and Moderna vaxxes inject RNA. The J&J injects DNA.

As you correctly noted, the mRNAs use a snippet of genetic material wrapped inside a fat globule. This is delivered inside cell cytoplasm, where the ribosomes use it to construct the spike protein that triggers Covid antibodies.

The J&J inserts spike protein DNA into a non-replicating cold virus, which is allowed to infect the muscle cells. The virus transports the DNA into the nucleus, where it is used as a template to produce messengerRNA, which in turn is pushed back into the cytoplasm for spike protein manufacture just like the other vaxxes.

The J&J is not a brand new type like the P/M, but neither is it what I'd call a traditional antigen vaccine. Some people are apprehensive that the new mRNAs take over too much of your genetic processes, but in fact a viral vector vaccine is inserted earlier in the genetic train and must make more use of your existing genetics. The mRNAs never even make it inside the nucleus where your DNA is stored. (The J&J does enter the nucleus, but it carries its own DNA and never interacts with what's already in there.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've heard from multiple sources, mostly in the medical community that the Moderna vaccine is killing people.
- A classmate of mine dropped dead while getting ready for work 24 hrs. after her shot
- A patient at an inpatient physical rehab facility was taking to a CNA during a maintenance procedure, the CNA stepped out to get an item he ran out of (20' away) and when he returned the Pt. was dead and could not be revived. Healthy other than the physical injury
- 30% of the Pt's given the Moderna at this facility and 50% at a sister facility were transported to the hospital in serious condition. A few did not return.
- 30% of the staff were admitted for observation due to severe reactions. Many of the staff have refused to take the shots, they've been told to be quiet about all of this and seriously reconsider their decision.

My sister was almost hospitalized after her 2nd Moderna shot her side effects were so bad

One of my employees got no sleep the night after her shot describing it as the worst flu she'd ever had. The next day we had a video conf and she looked like death. She had a mild case of Covid in Jan.

Pressure is mounting. No shot no travel, sports, access this or that. You can refuse, just be prepared for severe restrictions on what you can do in life.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the Moderna. Nothing w/ the first one. Arm sore and and a hot lump where the second injection site. Itched a lot at the injection site and had sore joints for a couple days. That was it.

Wife had the Pfizer. Second one she was sicker than crap for a couple days. Bad chills, the shakes, headaches.

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
My wife and I had our 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon. I had no issues with either other than a small amount of arm soreness. My wife had no problem with the the first but very sore arm this time.

Our daughter, who is a nurse and had COVID in November, had moderna and it hit her pretty hard with fever, chills plus swollen swollen lymph nodes after the 2nd shot last week.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Believe I had COVID in Feb 2020

Got Moderna back in January 2021
Second shot in Feb
No issues
87 yr. old MIL needs someone to help care for her
Didn't want to be the one that gave it to her
Now the family is fully vaccinated.

I could be wrong but I wonder if this is an annual thing like a flu shot?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
I could be wrong but I wonder if this is an annual thing like a flu shot?

That's actually a good question that no-one knows the answer to yet.

It's possible it could become an annual thing like flu shots. Maybe it would only be for a few years until herd immunity is well established. Maybe only booster shots would be required every 3-5 years. It is also possible that a single dose will immunize one for life, but that is fairly unlikely.

A lot depends on how well the vaccines work against variants. Fortunately, the coronavirus mutates much more slowly than the flu, so we have that in our favor.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW...in my social circle it's been only the ladies who had reactions to the second shot. Both Pfizer and Moderna. Men report a sore arm. I didn't have even that. I had Moderna. I do not know anyone who has taken the J&J.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
My wife got the J&J. Not a single side effect, not even a sore arm. No vaccine for me as I had covid in November.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I got the Moderna series because there was no other option in my area. I spoke about it with the pharmacy tech who is giving all the shots at our local Safeway. She is fully booked, giving shots 8 hours/day for several months now, and she has some good observations about the Moderna effects. Of course, they vary from person to person, and, in general, the first shot produces milder reactions than the second. One thing she did note, as a trend: the older one is, the less likely the 2nd Moderna will affect you badly. I am 74, and the 2nd only gave me a sore arm and a tiny bit of lethargy, but that's just my personal experience. I am glad to have it behind me, and am looking forward to early May, which is when I should have full immunity (6 weeks after the 2nd shot).

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Wife and I both had the J & J. She had a slight fever and was a bit achy for a few days. I had no reaction whatsoever to mine.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post