SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got the J&J (Jannsen) shot earlier this week and experienced no side effects. Not even a sore arm. I feel cheated out of a "side effect from vaccine story!".

I was concerned about the lower reported efficacy rates of the J&J vaccine at first. After a closer look, I realize the J&J vaccine trials took place later in the pandemic, when the variants were circulating more widely. Also, there are subtle differences in the study metrics that make the numbers not quite apples-to-apples. So, I suspect the three vaccines are closer in effectiveness than the reported numbers suggest.

Posts: 830 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The wife and I are leaning towards saying NO all together. This whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I suppose down the road that could change. If that happens it will be the J&J shot. A week or so ago I heard on the local news from some Immunologist that the J&J shot provides a 100% effectiveness against dying from the Rona...so, there is that. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
All three vaccines are 100% effective at preventing Covid-related death. However, it is true that the J&J was evaluated at a different time and under different conditions, and that it looks like the efficacy gap is narrowing between it and the mRNA types (as far as preventing getting the disease at all).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Got first Moderna shot today. Arm hurts, like a flu shot.

A follow up.... the next day, I felt like I had Covid all over again. This time with a fever. Hurt all over.

This morning, that is gone, though plenty tired.

Not looking forward to second shot.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
I had the second Pfizer shot at 4pm on Thursday. The first shot left me basically exhausted for a day- the second shot knocked me on my butt. I woke up Friday morning fine, but by noon I had chills, headache, and serious muscle aches. The muscle aches were the worst, felt like I got beat with a bag of doorknobs. Saturday I was exhausted for most of the day, today I’m totally fine. I’ve had co-workers get the moderna and J/J shots, it honestly seems like luck of draw on what side effects you get.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
it honestly seems like luck of draw on what side effects you get.

Pretty much the same if you actually get COVID! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8893 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No reaction at all to the first Pfizer shot. I had the second Pfizer shot yesterday at 4:00 pm. Had some chills last evening, but nothing today. A minor headache today. Arm is a little sore. That's it. No big deal. We'll see if any other symptoms show up today but so far I feel fine. I'm glad I had the vaccination. You have to play the odds. For me I would rather take my chances with a vaccination rather than contracting full blown Covid-19.

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Second Pfizer yesterday. Slightly sore arm but that is hardly noticeable considering the rest of me is even more sore from doing a ton of Spring projects yesterday. No other side effects that I have noticed.
Wife did Pfizer in Dec/Jan. No issues. Most of her coworkers did as well. Seems to be protecting them.

Posts: 17890 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My second Moderna left me with one day of low fever and two days lethargic, by day three the arm pain was gone. Wife had a sore arm, that was all.

My Cardiologist who I trust implicitly also had the Moderna vaccine.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8108 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
The wife and I are leaning towards saying NO all together. This whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I suppose down the road that could change. If that happens it will be the J&J shot. A week or so ago I heard on the local news from some Immunologist that the J&J shot provides a 100% effectiveness against dying from the Rona...so, there is that. Smile

All of the three shots used in the US claim a 100% effectiveness in prevention death or hospitalization from COVID. The 95/94/66% numbers they throw around are the chances of getting mild symptoms, or the virus at all.

I found this article about what the “efficacy” number actually means.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/95-...doesn-200511616.html

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
IIRC ModeRNA has never marketed a successful gene therapy in nearly 6 years of business. Why should I think they did this in like 6 months?

Also, does life insurance cover death from taking experimental medication?

Why take this at all when survival rates are over 90%?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Actually, survival rates are 99+%... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8893 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Being in an identified risk group vs reviewing conflicting information about the shots left me in a dilemma.

Eventually I took the 1st Moderna shot about 3 weeks ago.

Without obvious & demonstrable side effects, I remained 'undecided' for the 2nd shot schedule in about 10 days.

In fact I do have some concerning post shot symptoms that I can not dismiss.
A brief few days of lethargy that seem to have passed;
A recurring mild-moderate sensation of balance irregularity;
A short flurry of mild head aches that seems to have passed;
Episodic irregular bowel activity, odd as regularity due to my diet, is long established;
Minimal arm pain/tissue tenderness at shot site, mostly gone;
About a week of abnormal blood glucose readings (higher);

These could all be merely coincidental. I have appt scheduled with my regular provider.

My 2nd shot appointment for now is cancelled pending further study.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Got first Moderna shot today. Arm hurts, like a flu shot.

A follow up.... the next day, I felt like I had Covid all over again.

Waitaminute... Are you saying you had Covid-19?

If so: You already had natural immunity, so why did you get the vaccination?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They are all less bad than getting Covid.
I had Moderna and had one of the stronger reactions of anyone I know. I'd still get it again.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

"Natural immunity" does not seem to be guaranteed after having had The Virus.

I say this because I personally know one of our SIGforum members* who was hit hard, very hard, by The Virus in December 2019. That did not prevent him from getting hit hard again, twelve months later, December 2020, after which he was under the very close care of a couple of doctors. He did get the shots after the second episode, presumably on doctors' advice, since he was being treated for aftereffects of the second bout. So it appears that having had The Virus is not necessarily reason to forego the vaccine.
*NOTE: I'm not going to invade his privacy by publishing his name here. He will identify himself and provide more detail if he chooses to do so.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

"Natural immunity" does not seem to be guaranteed after having had The Virus.

My sister has had it twice. About a year apart. She is currently just getting over the 2nd bout. The worst she experienced was lack of smell, and that's it. Her symptoms and experience certainly don't justify ever getting this vaccine, and she won't.

Given this though, the vaccine surely won't protect you beyond what natural immunity is able to do anyway. So getting the vaccine won't guarantee that you'll never get the Chinese crud apparently. Not even close.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the J&J shot Friday at around noon at our local Walgreen's store. I woke up the next morning at around 12:15 and felt some aching muscles, a bit of a headache, and then later chills that didn't last real long. Wasn't really able to get back to sleep after waking up, but felt fine the rest of the day, with just a slightly sore arm at the injection point. Feel find today.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5163 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Well I go in tomorrow morning to get poked. I am not happy about this, but apparently that is of little consequence.

I have pretty much decided on the J&J vaccine.

1. The technology has been used once before in the Ebola vaccine.
2. Being only a single shot, it avoids the heightened reaction common to all (or almost all) two shot vaccines.
3. It has demonstrated at some efficacy against the new variants.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you don't suffer a clot. Be careful.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post