SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad? Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
If you want the best armor I’d go Pfizer (what I got) or Moderna. The efficacy is north of 90%.

The Efficacy of natural infection & recovery from COVID is 99+%.

This is why I tell people I am relying on my own immunity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?

Bottom line is that there’s no way to know. Posts in this thread using the words “side effects” are just talking about people’s post-vaccination reactions, and apparently, that’s a legitimate use of the phrase. Hopefully, none of us suffer any real, lasting side effects. FWIW, I had the Moderna vaccine and suffered nothing more than a sore arm for a day or so.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure J&J is the least effective of your choices.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Efficacy of natural infection & recovery from COVID is 99+%.

+1
Our natural immunities contribute to herd immunity.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24119 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bottom line is that there’s no way to know. Posts in this thread using the words “side effects” are just talking about people’s post-vaccination reactions, and apparently, that’s a legitimate use of the phrase. Hopefully, none of us suffer any real, lasting side effects.

I actually noticed that too, but just went along with the terminology. I know it's really "reaction", but then not everyone would understand what I was talking about.

Not that anyone ever does. Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Pfizer is the one I received.

Was a bit sore at the injection spot for about 2 days. A little tired the day after both injections. Tylenol, water, and little extra sleep, and I was fine.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Wife is a pharmacist at a larger hospital and everyone there, several hundred people, got Pfizer when it was first available and she helped with the shots. No reports of anything but a few mild side effects with one person taking a day off work I believe.

I got my first Pfizer shot a week ago with zero issues. I had the choice between Pfizer and Maderna but wife said to get Pfizer which would have been my choice anyhow but Maderna is reported to be extremely effective too. For me getting the second shot makes sense for the extra effectiveness.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both chose Pfizer as did my two children 22 & 19. We had our second shots this Monday and neither my wife or I had any side effects from either shot. Both my kids had Covid, my daughter most recently and she had mild side effects from the first shot. Both kids are scheduled for the second shot next Monday.

I’d have been fine with any of them. There seem to be pluses and minuses to all of them.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'd be most concerned about which is the most effective and lasts the longest but right now that's anyone's guess.
My gut feeling is that will be Moderna and Pfizer but we'll have to wait some time before we have any accurate numbers.
I got the Moderna and had a day of unpleasantness after shot #2 and a mildly sore arm.
I really dislike shots, never had a flu shot, and I'm a real pussy with needles. That said, I felt absolutely nothing from either shot and wouldn't hesitate to get the Moderna again.

Posts: 9517 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Thought J&J had a mass-casualty side-effect event today:

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/...eactions-to-jj-shot/

Thirteen people at a COVID-19 vaccination site in Colorado had adverse reactions to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Wednesday — shutting down operations for the day, a report said.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think there is a best answer right now. People are different and some may have a reaction to one brand and not the other, while another person is the opposite, so I’m not sure you can go by individual reactions because it varies so much. They all seem to be pretty close as far as minimal side effects. For which is actually better for effectiveness, I don’t think there is enough data. The clinical trials were a few thousand people over maybe a couple of weeks or months. There’s no way to know how effective it will still be 6 months from now, because no one’s there.

I got Moderna because that’s what they had when I was able to get an appointment. I think Moderna and Pfizer are more effective than J&J, but there is something to be said for just having to get one shot. I know it’s not authorized in the US yet, but right now, you couldn’t pay me to get Astra Zeneca if it was available.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:

I’m curious what they find with that. Millions of J&J shots have been given without issue, and now this, all in one single location and at the same time? There has got to something specific to this site.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Was it J&J that had the recent 1MM bad batch episode? Bad QC overall...maybe this batch was missed?

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind, a few things:
1) Reactions are gonna be based around a number of factors like, health, age, current medications taken, etc... So many that it's hard to pin down who's going to react to what.
2) While the single-shot vaccines are convenient, they're a 'heavier dose', again reactions will be varied
3) Efficacy is based around keeping you out of the hospital not, from contracting the virus. The whole point of vaccines is to prevent you from needing additional medical care should you contract the virus even after getting the shot, the trick is how the body handles the invasion and can it manage on its own or, does the body need help.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

I’m curious what they find with that. Millions of J&J shots have been given without issue, and now this, all in one single location and at the same time? There has got to something specific to this site.

quote:
New York Post
Officials did not disclose the types of reactions suffered by less than 1 percent of the more than 1,700 people given shots...

ZOMBIES!!!

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The Colorado incident was a dozen-and-a-half people mostly experiencing nausea consistent with known reactions to the vaccine. The number represents well under 1% of injections there. But it was just enough to raise a minor red flag that caused the center to suspend operations out of an abundance of caution.

No "mass casualty".

Wake County halt

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

Its a Dicks Sporting Goods park. There you are.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The JJ vaccine is a viral vector (non-MRNA) vaccine. That would be the one I’d get if I absolutely had to get one.

Aka traditional antigen, like an attenuated or related dead virus or pieces thereof ? Is that the basic idea ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
No one can (yet) “require” you be injected with an experimental vaccine...

Not even the military.

I’m calling BS

That's not what I'm hearing, my employer is demanding it, like a fevered religion, it's creepy.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post