SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Got it, thanks. I have a stepson that is letting his feelings stand in the way of facts

Posts: 5550 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
The rifle never left Wisconsin. Ever.

^^^That's true.

Kyle had submitted his application for his Illinois FOID in May of 2020, but Illinois was backed up in processing applications at least until August when he defended himself and was arrested. That automatically stopped his application at the point.

I feel bad for Kyle's buddy. He should have lawyered up and exercised his rights under the 5th Amendment.

Posts: 11661 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
If it's Sunday...

Posts: 3598 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then perhaps he does have jurisdiction then and it’s a good charge. There was earlier testimony that the rifle “crossed state lines” from Illinois to Wisconsin. Hard to keep track.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37190 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FFS. The horse is dead. Let it go and enjoy the damn victory.

Posts: 1162 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The Boston Glebe ran a poll on the verdict. 80 percent backed the NG verdict.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2...rittenhouse-verdict/

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2...rittenhouse-verdict/
Children running that place. "I agreee" or "I disagree". Instead, "I agree" and "They got it totally wrong". Buncha fuckin' juveniles. Roll Eyes

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

What is an "NG verdict?"

Can't read the actual article. Apparently I've "reached my article limit"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:...

Can't read the actual article. Apparently I've "reached my article limit" ...

Same.

NG=Not Guilty

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44479 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Then perhaps he does have jurisdiction then and it’s a good charge. There was earlier testimony that the rifle “crossed state lines” from Illinois to Wisconsin. Hard to keep track.
Where was the earlier testimony?
I watched nearly the the whole trial.

I believe that testimony of the rifle crossing state lines was from the news media.
Stated early on and repeated hundreds and if not thousands of times for the past year.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:...

Can't read the actual article. Apparently I've "reached my article limit" ...

Same.

NG=Not Guilty

Oh... wow.

Maybe more coffee...?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

I believe that testimony of the rifle crossing state lines was from the news media.
Stated early on and repeated hundreds and if not thousands of times for the past year.

Yes, that was media lies. It shows just how effective their lies are when even the relatively well informed among us still believed it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
This law includes loaning or giving a dangerous weapon to a person under 18, and then the person under 18 discharges the weapon and causes death

Schroeder will need to consider (3)(c) once again.

As it applies to Black, (3)(c) says

This section applies only to an adult who transfers a firearm to a person under 18 if the person under 18 is not in compliance w 29.304 (short barreled rifle) and 29.593 (hunting approved certificate)

One could argue 948.60(2)(c) does not apply to Black

I wonder, too, whether "causes death" in context would include a killing that a jury has found to be a justifiable act of self-defense.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I wonder, too, whether "causes death" in context would include a killing that a jury has found to be a justifiable act of self-defense.

It would. That specific portion of the statute doesn't provide for a self defense exception, merely that the juvenile "discharges the firearm and the discharge causes death to himself, herself or another". It doesn't specify murder/manslaughter/unlawful death, or similar. Just any death.

However, as noted before, there's other language in the statute about it only applying if various other named statutes were also violated, and that seems to be what's still in question here. If there was no violation of those other statutes, this specific statute would not apply:

"This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593. This section applies only to an adult who transfers a firearm to a person under 18 years of age if the person under 18 years of age is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593 or to an adult who is in violation of s. 941.28."

Posts: 33067 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The one thing we should have clearly seen with this trial is the political persecution of conservatives.

It was clearly a self defense shooting which was obvious to everybody from the beginning.
There was no justification for the arrest and charging of Kyle.

Those that were setting fires and destroying the city were protected by their liberal politics.
Those who attacked Kyle where not charged with assault.
Zero interest in tracking down “jump kick man”.
Zero interest in Gaige’s illegal carrying of a concealed firearm.
Zero interest in Gaige chasing down and then drawing his gun in an attempt to shoot Kyle.
An now we have Mr. Black.
What is the reasoning for pursuing charges against Mr. Black, while Hunter Biden goes uncharged for his lying on form 4473.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yes, that was media lies. It shows just how effective their lies are when even the relatively well informed among us still believed it.

Well, no. I’m not “well informed” about this case. I’ve watched exactly zero of the trial, zero of the media coverage. All of what I’ve learned about this case, I’ve learned from here. So, if it was “media lies” that I heard, you can thank someone here for posting it. All of my commentary has been from the perspective of speaking to others here, and based in no part of any external sources.

I understand 18 USC completely. That and basic procedural stuff is all I have to contribute to this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37190 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
The one thing we should have clearly seen with this trial is the political persecution of conservatives.

It was clearly a self defense shooting which was obvious to everybody from the beginning.

Those that were setting fires and destroying the city were protected by their liberal politics.
Zero interest in Gaige chasing down and then drawing his gun in an attempt to shoot Kyle.
What is the reasoning for pursuing charges against Mr. Black, while Hunter Biden goes uncharged for his lying on form 4473.

A point of clarification. The prosecutor knew who jump kick man was. He offered to testify, but was turned down and his identity withheld from defense.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21119 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

A point of clarification. The prosecutor knew who jump kick man was. He offered to testify, but was turned down and his identity withheld from defense.

I think jump kick man offered to testify in exchange for immunity, which the DA declined. So there may be hope yet that he gets prosecuted. His value to the state is now next to nothing, so not much incentive for a plea bargain, especially with such irrefutable photo evidence.

Posts: 3686 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
He’s black.
Not going to happen.

Can you imagine the uproar from the leftist, with Kyle being found innocent followed by a black man being charged with assault.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^
He’s black.
Not going to happen.

Can you imagine the uproar from the leftist, with Kyle being found innocent followed by a black man being charged with assault.
Yes, I can. I will happily watch from a safe distance.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post