SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

As much as I agree that he acted in self defense, what rational adult would place a 17-yr old kid (with or without a rifle) in harm's way in the first place?

I learned in the post trial interviews that Rittenhouse the DUMBASS self admitted that he was offering his armed guard services FOR FREE. While there's nothing illegal in offering highly dangerous services at no cost in the middle of a violent riot, Rittenhouse has demonstrated that he lacks sound judgment even for a 17 year old.

I'm glad he won because the importance of protecting the right to self defense is paramount but Rittenhouse is a class A DIPSHIT who needs to go away and it can't happen soon enough.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:...

Your opinion is noted.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:...

Your opinion is noted.

It's not my opinion that Rittenhouse put himself into that situation RE: to Hound Dog's post about a rational adult placing a 17 year old in harm's way. For anyone who didn't watch the interview it's an important detail to note bc most people assume he was asked/peer pressured into defending that business.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
I think quite a few people here are looking at his actions through the lenses of right of center political thought. It's pretty apparent from his interviews that in spite of his commitment to community, law and order, and self defense, he was (and likely still is) a bit of a lefty. He supports BLM, thought that the GF protests were valid, and claims to be politically disinterested but supported Andrew Yang.
There is no doubt he will be forced to grow out of this, and very soon he will likely become much more familiar with how crazy the left is, but he very simply lacks the experience and education that would cause him to be critical of leftist ideas.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:

I learned in the post trial interviews that Rittenhouse the DUMBASS self admitted that he was offering his armed guard services FOR FREE. While there's nothing illegal in offering highly dangerous services at no cost in the middle of a violent riot, Rittenhouse has demonstrated that he lacks sound judgment even for a 17 year old.

...Rittenhouse is a class A DIPSHIT who needs to go away and it can't happen soon enough.

Couldn't DISAGREE more.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

...Rittenhouse is a class A DIPSHIT who needs to go away and it can't happen soon enough.

Couldn't DISAGREE more.

You can't disagree with the facts that Rittenhouse admitted that he went around asking business owners if they needed armed protection and that he would do it for free.

As for my opinion that he should STFU and go away you're welcome to disagree all you want though something tells me both you and Rittenhouse love to spout off when no one asked for it.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Back to Kyle destroying his gun... Brainstorming here, I have a couple options: 1) giving it away, to family or a friend maybe; 2) auctioning it—the levels of lambastation would be epic, but the media and left that would be doing it created the value that gun would bring. I respect Kyle's decision to destroy it. It's still a waste.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for my opinion that he should STFU and go away you're welcome to disagree all you want though something tells me both you and Rittenhouse love to spout off when no one asked for it.

You asked for it. That's how forums work. Why else would you post to a forum unless you're just trying to antagonize.

Year V

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:

You asked for it. That's how forums work. Why else would you post to a forum unless you're just trying to antagonize.

I asked for people to disagree with me? I stated a fact that a lot of people don't know because the headlines say he was asked to defend the business but in the interview with Tucker Carlson Rittenhouse admits he went around asking businesses if he could protect their property.

As for him shutting the fuck up I'm far from alone in that sentiment as evidenced throughout this thread.

posted Hide Post
I said something about 5-6 pages back about KR needing to STFU and CTFO (chill the fuck out).

Kyle needs to disappear... And for his own good. Fall off the face of the earth for a while. Grow a mustache, loose/gain weight, grow his hair out. Learn to surf in Bali. Count penguins in Tiera del Fuego. Climb Mt Kilimanjaro a few times.
Do whatever- just STAY OFF THE RADAR!

He wants to do whatever with his AR, well go ahead and do it! But no one else needs to know.

Every time, every - single - time that kid opens his mouth, every thing he says is going to get twisted and used against him.

He stays on the radar, keeps opening his mouth- they are GOING to turn him into more of a monster than the left already thinks he is. They'll turn him into something 10X worse than George Zimmerman.

What's the saying about "Don't give them the rope used to hang you"?
Kyle Rittenhouse needs to get the hell off the Gallows!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
I asked for people to disagree with me?

That's exactly what you did (giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't trying to antagonize). People post their opinions and should expect that some people won't agree. I'm looking to gauge the opinions of others re: my two alternatives to destroying the gun. Right now I think they're good ideas. That opinion of mine might change when I consider alternative opinions.

BTW, you're insulting every member of this forum by trying to explain the difference between an opinion and a fact.

Year V

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
I asked for people to disagree with me?

That's exactly what you did (giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't trying to antagonize). People post their opinions and should expect that some people won't agree. I'm looking to gauge the opinions of others re: my two alternatives to destroying the gun. Right now I think they're good ideas. That opinion of mine might change when I consider alternative opinions.

BTW, you're insulting every member of this forum by trying to explain the difference between an opinion and a fact.

There's nothing wrong with what I said. If you and Balze have a problem with me the ignore button is easy enough to find. The fact that both of you polluted this thread with petty nonsense is more insulting than me having to explain the difference between a fact and an opinion to those few who can't figure it out. Good day.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You sure are some kind of an asshole, aren't you?

No one disagreed with your "facts." Only your opinions. Going off the way you are makes you look more puerile and infantile than you claim Rittenhouse is. Good grief. Talk about polluting a thread.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact that both of you polluted this thread with petty nonsense

That's a fact?

Year V

Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Oh boy! Another pissing contest!

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I said something about 5-6 pages back about KR needing to STFU and CTFO (chill the fuck out).

Kyle needs to disappear... And for his own good. Fall off the face of the earth for a while. Grow a mustache, loose/gain weight, grow his hair out. Learn to surf in Bali. Count penguins in Tiera del Fuego. Climb Mt Kilimanjaro a few times.
Do whatever- just STAY OFF THE RADAR!

He wants to do whatever with his AR, well go ahead and do it! But no one else needs to know.

Every time, every - single - time that kid opens his mouth, every thing he says is going to get twisted and used against him.

He stays on the radar, keeps opening his mouth- they are GOING to turn him into more of a monster than the left already thinks he is. They'll turn him into something 10X worse than George Zimmerman.

What's the saying about "Don't give them the rope used to hang you"?
Kyle Rittenhouse needs to get the hell off the Gallows!

Agreed. Let his legal team handle things. He should take his family to a quiet place and become scarce for a while.

Be like Sandman, collect the money quietly from afar, and wait a few years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nevermind.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
... though something tells me both you and Rittenhouse love to spout off when no one asked for it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
While I’ll agree with CDP SIG as to Kyle’s best course of action, it isn’t immediately clear to me from yet another poorly written article that Kyle is responsible for destroying the rifle.

The title of the article says, “Kyle Rittenhouse says AR-15 he used in Kenosha riots ‘is being destroyed’”

The first sentence of the article it says, “Kyle Rittenhouse is destroying the AR-15 he used during his deadly shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin.”

The second sentence/paragraph quotes him as saying, [the rifle] “is being destroyed right now.”

I didn’t burn the hour to listen to the interview, but from the text above it isn’t clear to me that he made the decision. The rifle arguably wasn’t his (straw purchase) and the courts may not have returned it to him. It could have been destroyed by order of the courts for all one can tell from that article.

I certainly think he chose poorly putting himself in that position, but I am a lot more cynical and judicious, as well as a lot less idealistic now than I was at his age. In the moment he exhibited impressive restraint and marksmanship. A similar level of judgement now would involve CPD SIG’s advice. Hopefully the folks guiding and advising him will wise up.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’m glad these scumbags got caught red handed. Isn’t this jury tampering or intimidation…AKA a crime?

Police Bodycam Footage Of MSNBC 'Producer' Who Tailed Rittenhouse Jury Way Worse Than Reported

That producer knows her ass is done…ahhh…ummmm….ahhhh….ummmm…errrrr…uhhhhh….ahhhh….ummmm

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post