SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
6-3. If Trump didn't just go through and get convicted in the NYC show trial, this decision would've been 9-0.

https://x.com/seanmdav/status/1804159968108552545

In 6-3 decision issued today, the Supreme Court ruled that 1) a jury must be unanimous in its findings on criminal convictions, and 2) sentencing enhancements cannot be arbitrarily implemented by judicial fiat.

The ruling and the rhetoric in the opinion have obvious implications for both the illegal Bragg witch trial against Trump in New York City and the bogus J6 1512(c) charges and sentencing enhancements that corrupt federal judges have announced they will implement if the Supreme Court nukes 1512(c).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Still, a will-deserved slap in the face for that trial judge.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
We shall see.

https://x.com/julie_kelly2/status/1804166653543903500

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It's All Rigged": Alvin Bragg Drops All Charges For Columbia Protesters Who Took Over Building

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...o-took-over-building

While Donald Trump had a white collar misdemeanor upgraded to a felony by Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, dozens of pro-Palestinian protesters who wreaked havoc at Columbia university have had their charges dropped, while 13 more will have their charges dropped if they keep out of trouble for the next six months.

Police arrested 46 protesters who broke into Hamilton Hall, barricaded themselves inside, and then wrecked the joint.

During a hearing at the Manhattan Criminal Courthouse on Thursday, prosecutor Stephen Millan cited 'prosecutorial discretion' in their decision not to move forward with charges - arguing that protesters wore masks and covered surveillance cameras, therefore insufficient evidence existed to show that any individual defendant damaged property or injured anyone. Millan also noted that no police officers were injured during the arrests, and that none of the people arrested had criminal records.

"All these matters are dismissed and sealed in the interest of justice," Judge Kevin McGrath announced at the end of the hearing, where dozens of defendants and their supporters appeared with keffiyeh scarves around their shoulders.

Prosecutors declined to outright drop trespass charges against 13 other people arrested inside Hamilton Hall that night. Two of the 13 were also Columbia students, while the other 11 had no current affiliation with the school, although most were alumni.

The district attorney’s office proposed the 13 accept an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal, a provision in New York law that if accepted means the case against a defendant will be dropped and sealed in six months if they are not arrested for another offense in the interim. -Reuters

The 13 protesters offered the deal all rejected the offer via their lawyers, who are seeking to have those cases dismissed. They are due to return to court on July 25, by which date prosecutors will need to decide whether they're willing to proceed to trial.

"It's all rigged," said Trump adviser and founder of America First Legal, Stephen Miller.

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"All these matters are dismissed and sealed in the interest of justice," Judge Kevin McGrath announced at the end of the hearing, where dozens of defendants and their supporters appeared with keffiyeh scarves around their shoulders."
---------------------------------------------
I have no problem thinking of how many NY DA's and Judges that could stand sealing and dismissing, in the interest of Justice, for longer than six months. They are the awful offal of the East Coast.

Posts: 538 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The always astute and eminently readable VDH, bringing us the gospel:

https://x.com/VDHanson/status/1803438088490008800

Anatomy of a Full Leftwing Meltdown

The media is afire with warnings of the impending Trump “dictatorship”. Celebrities, the Squad, and Biden administration grandees vie to conjure up the most nightmarish things that Trump might do to them.

What drives their current mounting hysteria?

1) The Left feels it may be heading to an historic 1972 McGovern-like or 1980 Carteresque blowout. And it is terrified at this late date that it cannot do anything either about the escalating dementia of Joe Biden, or the terror instilled by the specter of either a President or continued Vice-President Kamala Harris.

2) It knows that a first-term novice Trump had a successful four years, and that he now is savvier four years later—and far more likely and able to overturn the entire four-year Biden catastrophe and thus enjoy an even more successful second term.

3) It fears that all it did to destroy democracy—the Russian collusion hoax, the Russian disinformation laptop farce, the two first-term impeachments the moment the Republicans lost the House, the Senate trial of ex-President Trump as a private citizen, the effort to remove Trump from state ballots, and the five criminal and civil show trials designed to bankrupt the leading presidential candidate and keep him off the campaign trail—might boomerang on the Left.

So, it is in full panic that its unconstitutional efforts to destroy Trump will obviously be used against itself—given it knows that if it returned to power it would go after its enemies in precisely the same, any-means-necessary ways that it had sought to destroy Trump. That is, they have destroyed norms and have established dangerous new precedents that they just assume, given their Jacobin nature, must rebound against themselves.

4) The Left is terrified that growing voter repugnance now extends even to traditional Democratic constituencies—Latinos, Blacks, Asians, Jews, the young, and even the college educated. And the Left privately grasps that these defections are fueled not just by the obnoxiousness and dementia of Joe Biden, but due to his far-left agendas that left us with abhorrent inflation, wild unsustainable federal deficits, a lethal open border, 10-million unaudited and often dangerous illegal aliens, foreign policy catastrophes, woke racial and tribal disunity, spiraling urban crime, and cultural extremism. Leftists accept that while in secret they blame the cognitively challenged Joe for their dilemmas, deep-down they know that “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves”—that is, in their own failed revolution that has utterly repulsed Americans and nearly destroyed the country.

5) In the next five months, the Left and Democrats know that they must pander to try to save themselves. But the more Biden panders, the more obvious, repugnant, and counterproductive the pandering becomes. The public is growing sick of Biden’s 11th-hour groveling to save himself from his self-created oblivion. And the more in his last days as President he drains even more the strategic petroleum reserve, the more he cancels student loan debt, the more he abandons Israel to win a few thousand votes in Michigan, the more he pressures the Fed to lower interest rates, the more he flips on tariffs, and the more he grants blanket amnesties to illegal aliens—all the more the country at large becomes disgusted at the low effort to temporarily appease particular voting blocs at the expense of the general interest of the country.

6) As we watch the Left go through the proverbial cycles of “denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance”, it will increasingly deny the accuracy of supposedly inaccurate swing state polls, then angrily damn the supposedly clueless, deplorable electorate, then turn to all sorts of dreams of remedies (changing or violating more voting laws being the most prominent), then get sullen about the entire American project, and only finally accept the inevitable of what likely lies ahead.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Brilliant meme. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27564 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Besides Ben Carson, Alan West is another flying below the radar that has always been a staunch Trump supporter and would be a great VP.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16529 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/VigilantFo.../1804362325631041538

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, the undeniable truth of the matter, and if they think they've seen Americans get fired up about this sham prosecution, they haven't seen anything yet, if the crook of a judge sentences Donald Trump to actual jail time.

At this point, a person, armed with the facts of the matter would likely say that it is the wrong move for opponents of Trump to wish him into jail. But, Trump Derangement Syndrome is such that it makes those so afflicted to act against their best interest, and it may be that Donald Trump gets actual jail time. As counterintuitive though it may be, this is probably the best thing that could happen to Trump at this point. I think that not only Trump supporters, but also fairly neutral Americans, will have finally had it all the way if that happens.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ The full 2+ minute video I saw of that was even better given what Cuomo had to say....believe it or not. I'll try to link.

ETA: scroll to the bottom of the article.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...gn=nl&recip=26773771

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ The full 2+ minute video I saw of that was even better given what Cuomo had to say....believe it or not. I'll try to link.

ETA: scroll to the bottom of the article.

Here it is:

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, wcb!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It's funny, the Cuomo brothers, both disgraced in their respective jobs, are now not very kind towards the Democrat administration. Three years ago, the Cuomos would have been on the front lines trashing Trump, and supporting Biden. Even Chris Cuomo has said that voting for Trump is not off the table.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trump rally in Philly right now at Temple University. Look at that massive crowd! Joe Biden couldn’t fill the lobby of that place:

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1804654242021646341

Posts: 34582 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump to campaign in Chesapeake VA on Friday 28 June 2024 with Gov Youngkin

Historic Greenbrier Farms
225 Sign Pine Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322

3 pm

register:

https://event.donaldjtrump.com...lly-in-chesapeake-va

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Another VP article.

Trump Has Picked His VP

Former President Donald Trump has picked his 2024 running mate.

On Saturday, Trump announced that he has decided who will be his vice president, but hasn’t told anyone who he or she might be yet.

“In my mind, yeah,” Trump told reporters at a Philadelphia rally when asked if he’s decided on his trusty sidekick.

“No, nobody knows,” the former president said when asked if anyone knew. However, Trump confirmed they will be at the first 2024 televised debate between him and President Joe Biden.

Last month, I reported that Trump’s VP shortlist had been narrowed down to just a handful of potential choices including Gov. Doug Burgum (R-ND), Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH), Sen.Tim Scott (R-SC), Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR), and Rep. Elise Stefanik (N.Y.).

Potential choices received vetting materials from the Trump campaign in recent weeks as he prepares to make a final decision.

A source close to the 2024 hopeful told the New York Post that Trump is looking for three things in regards to a running mate.

“He’s looking for who can raise money, he’s looking for who is an effective surrogate on TV with adversarial media, and he’s looking at who will do the best job debating Kamala Harris,” the source said.

As the country has anticipated the announcement of Trump’s VP pick for some time, the former president has downplayed the impact of a running mate on how the election will turn out.

“It’s never really had that much of an effect on an election,” Trump said.

Trump’s senior adviser Brian Hughes said the former president’s top concern when choosing a VP “is a strong leader who will make a great President for eight years after his next four-year term concludes.”

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, I was notified earlier this afternoon, that is was not me....

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Somebody get precious a Xanax

https://x.com/GuntherEagleman/.../1805209875615477982

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5008 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post