SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 ... 973
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Kind of reminds me of the lead biker of Satan's Messengers

https://youtu.be/4UBXTC24T8g?si=S7a5b-J_tsCeAiW_

Posts: 2797 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Thursday, June 27, 2024

First Presidential Debate
Time: 9 pm ET
Live Stream: Coming Soon
TV Channel: CNN
Sponsor: CNN
Moderators: Jake Tapper, Dana Bash

July 2024
Vice Presidential Debate
TV Channel: To Be Determined
Time: To Be Determined
Moderators: To Be Determined

Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2024
Second Presidential Debate
Time: To Be Determined
TV Channel: ABC
Sponsor: ABC News
Moderators: To Be Determined

Posts: 19678 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23781 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
She's just a "presidential debate moderator"... Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6256 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34133 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
parabellum
Peace through
superior firepower

posted June 24, 2024 02:06 PM
"Scared jerkoff is scared."

He has crazy eyes and might become violent. But he is stupid. And scared. What man who is a serious danger puts out a video like that?

When Trump is elected, there will be violence like the "summer of love." Antifa, BLM, and Hamas terrorists will shut down blue cities.

There will be no "Civil War" because the two sides are completely intermixed, rather than clearly separated by the Mason Dixon line.

The period between November 6 and January 21 will be the worst of it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11133 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
There will be no "Civil War" because the two sides are completely intermixed, rather than clearly separated by the Mason Dixon line.

The Civil War is somewhat of a misnomer having been a war of territorial secession. A civil war is armed conflict between two (or more) intermixed, ideologically opposed factions who share common borders. The War Between the States, while devastating, would pale in comparison to a modern civil war.

Posts: 3521 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You are right HJS157 that the American Civil War was a war of territorial succession. Therefore it was not a Civil War at all. It was the second American revolution. In a Civil War two or more sides are fighting for control of the government.

I'm not a historian of modern civil wars. Those who are deeply committed to Trump, and those who are deeply committed to stopping him, literally live side-by-side in cities and suburbs. Are there similar examples of civil wars? What do engagements look like?

Posts: 11133 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
https://x.com/margommartin/status/1804636605480599557

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1804636605480599557" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 778px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 85px; background-size: 200px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Now they can try him for defacing public property. I wouldn't put it past them. Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10745 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108211 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tim Pool annoys the fuck out of me, but:

https://x.com/Timcast/status/1805383637564616917

CNN can eat shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Threatening? By sending strongly worded letters? These mother fucking cockraches are getting so desperate it's great to see.

Q

Posts: 26851 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Those who are deeply committed to Trump, and those who are deeply committed to stopping him, literally live side-by-side in cities and suburbs. Are there similar examples of civil wars? What do engagements look like?

I have long believed the greatest predictor of what will happen is what has happened in the past. While we as a nation do not have a clear historical analog, we have witnessed the radical left's tendency towards violence; most recently with Antifa, BLM and Hamas demonstrations. Thankfully, with few isolated exceptions, most Americans have avoided being pulled into the fray. And while these public temper tantrums will likely continue, as para reminds us the situation can smolder for years before igniting. In the unlikely event the opposing citizenry becomes involved, I suspect much of the conflict would be guerrilla in nature with no clear-cut adversaries or boundaries. In his rant, Bandana Blue Eyes speaks as though the radical left has a monopoly on violent conflict. I hope and pray he never learns the truth.

Posts: 3521 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I doubt his passion to subjugate me is as strong as mine to remain free.

Posts: 5804 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Yesterday in Los Angeles, Hamas terrorists kept Jewish worshipers from entering their synagogue. There was a lot of pushing and shoving and punching.

But I see your point, hjs157, that this can escalate eventually – almost inevitably – to serious violence involving firearms, Molotov cocktails, pipe bombs. But to me it would look essentially like the violence in 2020 by Antifa and BLM.

I don't say that dismissively. I think it could get very ugly, destructive, and deadly. Synagogues and mosques could be targets, along with democrat and republican headquarters, conservative and left wing news offices, and so on.

But still not on the scale of a civil war in which large segments of the population are in full scale warfare against other large segments of the population. To cite a case in point, in the American Civil War, there were a total of 750,000 battlefield deaths. There were hundreds of thousands more deaths in hospitals.

In Sri Lanka, slightly larger than West Virginia, at least 100,000 died in their Civil War. There was no Mason Dixon line, but the Tamil population was heavily concentrated in Jaffna and Trincomalee, and the Sinhalese population in Colombo and the central highlands. One side could territorially attack the other.

For reasons I've stated, I don't see anything like that scale of fighting in the US.

But the shit and the fan are rapidly closing. We soon shall see.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
"DMCA Does Not Apply": Musk Says X Will Not Remove CNN Debate Streams, Footage

You have to admit it's curious why CNN is acting this way? Do they know that Biden will likely come off as the dementia-riddled old man he is?

Posts: 34133 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What is DMCA?

Never mind...
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998 is a federal law that is designed to protect copyright holders from online theft—that is, from the unlawful reproduction or distribution of their works.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24304 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trump Poised to Throw ‘Curveball’ Just Before Debate

As the clock ticks closer to Thursday’s presidential debate pitting former President Donald Trump against President Joe Biden, a report is circulating that Trump could be springing a big surprise on his Democratic opponent.

And upending the presidential campaign in the process.

NBC News reported Tuesday, citing sources identified only as “people familiar with the situation,” Trump could be revealing his running mate before he and Biden even take the stage at CNN headquarters.

Trump has previously said he would reveal the name of the individual he’s chosen before the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, which begins July 15.

But that timetable might have changed considerably, and Trump is now considering a “curveball” that could knock Biden off his already-unsteady feet.

“People familiar with discussions about a pre-debate announcement had differing views about Trump’s leanings,” NBC reported.

“One said he is eager to fill his ticket before he squares off with Biden. Another source said he would like the opportunity to throw a curveball to distract Biden before they meet but understands that such a move could create logistical and political complications.”

Any news report is only as credible as its sourcing, and anonymously sourced reports should always be treated with a grain of salt.

But there’s no denying a Trump announcement on a running mate would be a headline-grabbing move that would suck up the oxygen surrounding the Atlanta faceoff.

It would be a national story. It would put Trump on top of the news cycle. And it would almost certainly set his opponent back a step.

In short, it would be exactly the kind of move Trump has been making since he came down the escalator at Trump Tower in 2015 to announce his bid for the presidency.

And there’s no question it would change the current situation. For one thing, the campaign conversation would be forced to widen for at least a time beyond comparing Trump’s qualifications and the success of his presidency against the self-evident failures of Biden’s years in office.

Whenever the announcement is made, Trump’s choice will be compared to Biden’s Vice President Kamala Harris, whose problems with popularity are well-documented.

On Friday, NBC reported that top names in contention for the slot are North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, who mounted his own short-lived bid for the Republican nomination this year, Sen. J.D. Vance of Ohio, an outspoken political rookie who is still in his first term in the Senate, and Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, who challenged Trump for the GOP nomination in 2016, but has since become a vocal supporter.

During a campaign stop in Philadelphia on Saturday, Trump told reporters he had already made the selection in his own mind, and that the choice would “most likely” be at the debate on Thursday.

Burgum, Vance and Rubio are all expected to be at the debate, according to NBC.

On Tuesday, Trump spokesman Brian Hughes appeared to play down NBC’s report.

“As President Trump has said himself, the top criteria in selecting a vice president is a strong leader who will make a great president for eight years after his next four year term concludes,” Trump spokesman Brian Hughes said in a statement, according to NBC.

“But anyone telling you they know who or when President Trump will choose his VP is lying unless that person is named Donald J. Trump.”

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
President Trump should be wired up Bluetooth to transmit his responses to Biden. That way we are sure to hear the whole debate.

Posts: 17948 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Lol, I'm laughing way too hard at this.

https://x.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1806104444209136017

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30609 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post