SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Second, I can’t see how the Secret Service can be criticized for this.

I can.

1. Per USSS this golfing expedition was not planned in advance. How the fuck did this loon know to be there at all, much less 12 hours before? His presence is evidence someone, probably in USSS, blabbed well in advance.

2. There was no perimeter sweep before President Trump arrived. Why not? If there was, how did they not encounter a guy with a car, rifle, backpacks, food and a GoPro on the perimeter fence? Someone didn’t do their job or did it in such a half-assed manner as to miss an assassin. Again!

3. Now we learn this loon was on the FBI’s radar since 2019 over being a felon in possession of a firearm, but nothing happened. Why? Had those charges been pressed, this might not have happened.

4. Ten weeks ago a loony one put a bullet through President Trump’s ear. And the USSS does not appear to have learned ONE FUCKING THING from that failure. USSS should have redeployed every sworn agent to President Trump’s detail, even if all those people do is hold hands around an 2-mile in radius perimeter. Instead, they very nearly let it happen again. Had loon two gotten a shot off, holy Hell. Congress (see Blumenthal’s (D) comments) recognizing the threat of political violence aimed at themselves would be so mad there might not be a USSS any more.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the Feeb's are stymied in their investigation

they've not been able to determine a motive

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Secret Service had a plan and the plan worked whether the guy was there for 10 minutes or 10 days. The outcome in terms of Trump’s security would have been no different had they beat the bushes earlier.

You must be joking. Had the man been better camouflaged (he was wearing a pink shirt for fuck's sake) and not had his rifle barrel sticking though the fence as reported, would they have seen him? I wonder.

Without question this was a security failure.

Furthermore, had a passerby not seen and then taken a photo of this guy and his car as he fled, he might've gotten away.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30898 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Well, they're going to need to take a multi-faceted approach to solving this seemingly unsolvable puzzle Roll Eyes

Posts: 7670 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"Hiding in the basement" is a false alternative to outdoor events.

There are auditoriums across the country that can hold rallies of thousands, and even tens of thousands, with far more security than outdoor venues.

We know how much is on the line in this election. It is impossible to exaggerate. Do we want to rely on more good luck?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
DeSantis puts it on the State AG's desk...

"DeSantis Announces Executive Order To Assign Trump Assassination Attempt Case To State AG"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
"Hiding in the basement" is a false alternative to outdoor events.

Yes, a perfect example of the false dilemma or black or white logical fallacy.

There were many times in ancient battles in which the head man needed to go to the front of his formations to inspire and rally the troops that were on the verge of breaking and running for their lives. Sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn’t, and sometimes it didn’t because the head man was killed on the spot. The danger posed to the outcome of not only battles but entire causes and movements by the head man’s exposing himself to danger unnecessarily isn’t difficult to see. During the Civil War that was often recognized by the rank and file Confederates, and historical accounts often mention how the cry went up, “Lee to the rear.” There were even reports of soldiers grabbing the bridle of his horse to prevent his moving farther forward.

The point of all that is what can and does happen to our leaders really can make a difference. And if Lee doesn’t have to be at the front of a battle line to ensure the best performance by his soldiers upon which victory or defeat might have hinged, our leader certainly doesn’t have to expose himself on a golf course for any good reason.

No, that’s not what leaders do. Leaders do what’s best for the people and causes they support and often what’s best for the people and causes is what’s best for the leader. We can lay blame wherever we want for the incidents that threatened President Trump’s life, but if anything, doubts and questions about the effectiveness of the security he’s given should demonstrate why he should personally be concerned more for his own safety, not less.

Think for a moment how not only the United States but the entire would be affected if the next time it’s not an incompetent clown behind the riflescope.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"DeSantis Announces Executive Order To Assign Trump Assassination Attempt Case To State AG"

Good! I said it during the primaries, I'll say it again: Florida needs this man as governor. He's excellent in that role.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suspected Trump assassin flagged by U.S. during return from Ukraine, but Homeland refused probe

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

Ryan Routh, the suspected Donald Trump assassin, was interviewed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials when he returned from Ukraine last year and flagged for further investigation based on spontaneous comments he made to agents, but the Homeland Security Department declined to act, Just the News has confirmed.

The June 2023 encounter with Routh at the Honolulu airport is confirmed in U.S. border entry records reviewed by Just the News and is latest tale of missed law enforcement opportunities dating 2019 to stop or further investigation the alleged would-be assassin.

The records show that CBP officials knew that Routh had traveled to Warsaw, Poland, near the Ukraine border, and to Istanbul, Turkey, in 2022 and 2023 and had admitted in his interview that he had been recruiting as many as 100 foreign fighters from Taiwan, Afghanistan and Moldova to join Ukraine's war against the Russian invasion.

Routh even gave U.S. agents who interviewed him a business card that portrayed him as the director of a group called the "International Volunteer Center" that also claimed to have contact in Syria, Pakistan and Israel. He also described who had underwritten his efforts to recruit foreigners to assist Kyiv.

“Subject is a USC who had traveled to Kiev, Ukraine for 3 months to help recruit Soldiers from Afghanistan, Moldova, and Taiwan, to fight in the Ukrainian war against Russia,” the CBP interview notes of Routh state.

“Subject stated that he does not get paid for his recruiting efforts and all his work for the Ukrainian government is strictly volunteer work Subject provided his recruiting business card (cards have been uploaded into the event) which list his recruiting partners that he speaks with to recruit soldiers from Afghanistan, Romanian, Pakistan, Syria, and Israel,” the note added. "Subject stated that he obtains money from his wife to help fund his trips to Ukraine."

The memo stated that the Ukraine advocate was referred to Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), the lead investigative organ of the Homeland Security Department, but the division declined to pursue the matter.

“HSI was contacted and refused the case,” the interview memo stated.

Homeland Security officials referred Just the News to the FBI when reached out to for comment Tuesday.

The CBP memos add to a body of evidence showing federal law enforcement had multiple moments where suspicious were raised about Routh long before Secret Service agents spotted him Sunday with an AK-47 at a Florida golf course in what authorities said was an apparent assassination attempt on Trump.

Routh was flagged in 2019 and was under suspicion for possessing a firearm while a felon, FBI Special Agent in Charge Jeffrey Veltri of the Miami Field Office revealed on Monday.

Also, a nurse that interacted with Routh while she was volunteering in Ukraine told the Wall Street Journal she reported Routh to USCBP on her return from the country in June 2022.

The CPB memos show agents flagged his foreign travel and reported contacts with individuals in several countries to recruit fighters for the war in Ukraine.

According to the records, Routh provided border protection agents with a card for his purported International Volunteer Center in Ukraine. The business card lists his alleged partners across the globe in his effort to recruit fighters for Ukraine.

A current organization with that name exists in Ukraine, but the International Volunteer Center said it was formed after Routh’s reported return to the United States in summer 2023.

“We have been officially registered as an organization in Ukraine since October 2023. Prior to the recent developments, none of us had any knowledge of Mr. Routh or any other entity named the International Volunteer Center, aside from our own registered organization,” the center said, according to the New York Post. “We presume Mr. Routh has not established any organization with the name International Volunteer Center in Ukraine.”

Chelsea Walsh, a nurse who volunteered in Kyiv, Ukraine in 2022, claims she told Border Protection agents about several encounters she had with Routh in the country when she returned to Washington’s Dulles airport one year before Routh’s interview in Honolulu. She told authorities she suspected Routh was dangerous and exhibited “Overall Predatory Behavior (or antisocial traits),” according to her notebook that she shared with the Wall Street Journal.

The immigration records reviewed by Just the News show that Routh traveled to Europe two times between April 2022 and June 2023.

During the first trip, Routh left the United States from Los Angeles, bound for Warsaw. He returned to the U.S. in September via Amsterdam. Several months later, Routh departed for Istanbul in March 2023 and returned to Honolulu in June 2023 via Japan.

Routh’s foreign travel to Ukraine and plans to recruit ex-Afghan soldiers to fight against Russia all likely put Routh in the crosshairs of other U.S. intelligence agencies, Just the News previously reported.

Jeff Danik, a 28-year veteran of the FBI, said based on his experience asking what information those other agencies already know about Routh would be one of the first tasks in any investigation.

“So an American traipsing around in that battleground is going to perceive focus, I would be shocked if one of the intelligence agencies didn't have his devices compromised,” he said. “All that data and collection is going to be classified, of course, but my question is, does it even exist? Do we know who he was contacting?”

Routh’s rebranding into a Ukraine advocate and self-proclaimed recruiter of foreign fighters followed a decades-long criminal record in his home city of Greensboro, North Carolina, where he was charged with several crimes, including felony possession of a weapon of mass destruction—a machine gun—according to court records, Just the News reported Monday.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pot men.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Suspected Trump assassin flagged by U.S. during return from Ukraine, but Homeland refused probe

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

Ryan Routh, the suspected Donald Trump assassin, was interviewed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials when he returned from Ukraine last year and flagged for further investigation based on spontaneous comments he made to agents, but the Homeland Security Department declined to act, Just the News has confirmed.

The June 2023 encounter with Routh at the Honolulu airport is confirmed in U.S. border entry records reviewed by Just the News and is latest tale of missed law enforcement opportunities dating 2019 to stop or further investigation the alleged would-be assassin.

The records show that CBP officials knew that Routh had traveled to Warsaw, Poland, near the Ukraine border, and to Istanbul, Turkey, in 2022 and 2023 and had admitted in his interview that he had been recruiting as many as 100 foreign fighters from Taiwan, Afghanistan and Moldova to join Ukraine's war against the Russian invasion.

Routh even gave U.S. agents who interviewed him a business card that portrayed him as the director of a group called the "International Volunteer Center" that also claimed to have contact in Syria, Pakistan and Israel. He also described who had underwritten his efforts to recruit foreigners to assist Kyiv.

“Subject is a USC who had traveled to Kiev, Ukraine for 3 months to help recruit Soldiers from Afghanistan, Moldova, and Taiwan, to fight in the Ukrainian war against Russia,” the CBP interview notes of Routh state.

“Subject stated that he does not get paid for his recruiting efforts and all his work for the Ukrainian government is strictly volunteer work Subject provided his recruiting business card (cards have been uploaded into the event) which list his recruiting partners that he speaks with to recruit soldiers from Afghanistan, Romanian, Pakistan, Syria, and Israel,” the note added. "Subject stated that he obtains money from his wife to help fund his trips to Ukraine."

The memo stated that the Ukraine advocate was referred to Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), the lead investigative organ of the Homeland Security Department, but the division declined to pursue the matter.

“HSI was contacted and refused the case,” the interview memo stated.

Homeland Security officials referred Just the News to the FBI when reached out to for comment Tuesday.

So LoonyTwoney openly admits to CBP that he violated the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR) by attempting to provide material assistance (i.e., soldiers) to a foreign military and HSI refuses the case.

Brilliant.

In contrast, I, personally, had to get ITAR permit exemptions just to teach, on behalf of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, five courses on environmental sustainability for foreign military organizations.

Brilliant.

Nice is overrated

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I've conducted the most accurate poll: you don't need to assassinate a losing candidate.

Posts: 7631 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I suppose there's still some decency left in Cuomo.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1836025825478463664

Chris Cuomo’s Surprising Apology to President Trump

By Margaret Flavin | Sep. 17, 2024 1:20 pm

In a surprising turn of events, former CNN anchor and avowed leftist Chris Cuomo delivered an apology to President Trump.

Cuomo’s remarks came after a second attempt on Trump’s life.

Cuomo said, “I don’t get it. That’s why I reached out to Trump. I wanted to just say, Listen, I’m really sorry that this is going on and it’s being dealt with this way. Not because I’m in favor of his politics or what he says. I criticize him all the time. That’s my job, and he deserves it. But he doesn’t deserve this. A guy pointing an AK-47 at him while he’s playing golf?”

“And we take solace in the fact that the guy didn’t get any rounds off. If I had been through what that guy has been through in the last two months, you would not know where I am. You would never see me on TV again. No way I would do that.”

Cuomo then criticized those, like Don Lemon, who attacked Melania Trump for sharing her concerns about the safety of her husband.

Cuomo continued, “I don’t know how he does it. He’s got kids, they’re adults, but he’s got grandkids. He’s got a wife. People giving crap to Melania Trump, worrying about whether or not there was a plot around her husband. How could she not? People mock her. And then her husband, as a guy, pointed with an AK-47.”

“Where are those people apologizing? That’s what it’s time for. We are playing a dangerous game with ourselves. He is not a despot in waiting.”

“Okay? I don’t buy it. You got to care when somebody tries to kill somebody. I told you this before, and I’ve learned the lesson so many times myself around the world. You care when anyone is hurt, or you’ll never really care about anyone being hurt.”

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11889 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some day

Some day, there will be a reckoning

And I hope I am around for it

Normally, I try to take this shit in stride, but the degree of dishonesty and gaslighting, and the utter lack of logic, well, November can't get here fast enough.

This ignorant, stupid, unqualified little bitch is so full of shit...

https://x.com/WesternLensman/s.../1836128893855551540

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

1. Per USSS this golfing expedition was not planned in advance. How the fuck did this loon know to be there at all, much less 12 hours before? His presence is evidence someone, probably in USSS, blabbed well in advance.

It would have been a total waste of that guys time to go to a golf course and lay there hoping that at some point Trump would decide to play a round of golf before he was spotted. No one would go to that much effort to just lay there in the dirt for weeks (outside of a US Military sniper on an actual OP).

There is only one answer, this guy knew Trump was going to be there, and about when. That means there is a mole deep in the Trump staff who is providing intel.

The only other possible answer is that somehow this guy was following Trump without being seen and tailed him to the course. Simple math would indicate a round was about to be played so he would have to find a suitable spot. 9 Holes is about a few hours so that guy had a bit over an hour if he started his search for a hide an set up as soon as they arrived. Still seems tight for him to be able to do that and not be seen unless he had scouted the area previously.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s a real head scratcher.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

It would have been a total waste of that guys time to go to a golf course and lay there hoping that at some point Trump would decide to play a round of golf before he was spotted. No one would go to that much effort to just lay there in the dirt for weeks (outside of a US Military sniper on an actual OP).

Man, you grossly underestimate these people.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30898 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Roush clearly has delusions of grandeur. He thinks he's Wild Bill Donovan, Jack Ryan, Erik Prince. I'm with Balzé. Maybe he just took a chance based on a pretty educated guess.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post