SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
<snip>
Whoa, wait a minute. What the hell is this? Haha, this is a freaking joke. If they convict him with this Frankenstein horseshit, no one will give a shit. This is such a complete bastardarzation of the judicial process that even Bobby D (Robert Deniro) would probably do a double take.

I agree. It’s so bad that SCOTUS might be provoked to an extraordinary intervention.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the SCOTUS is following this closely, as are NY appellate judges. If he's acquitted then it's moot, of course.

But a judge telling the jury that he's breaking them into three different camps and each one is to work on a different federal crime? Jurors 5-12 have no say on the charges that jurors 1-4 are deliberating? That's beyond whacked.

On the other hand, if, say, jurors 1-4 and jurors 5-8 find him not guilty but jurors 9-12 do on their crime, does that mean he's guilty of that crime when 2/3 of the jurors weren't part of the deliberation? 4 out of 4 is unanimous? I truly hope there's more to this separate camp story.

This is just bizarre as fuck.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Corruption so destructive as we have been watching usually works in the dark. But here everyone sees its ugly face, even those on the left.

So their support of deception, lying, injustice-- their support of this travesty that undermines our nation-- is not a mistake. Instead, they are deliberately choosing what they know is wrong. And that is evil.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Corruption so destructive as we have been watching usually works in the dark. But here everyone sees its ugly face, even those on the left.

So their support of deception, lying, injustice-- their support of this travesty that undermines our nation-- is not a mistake. Instead, they are deliberately choosing what they know is wrong. And that is evil.

Merchan will go down in history. Law students will study this case and draw the inevitable conclusion that Merchan was corrupt as the day is long. His name will join the ranks of Benedict Arnold, Judas, and Pontius Pilate. I'm not comparing Trump to Jesus - I'm comparing Merchan to Pilate.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10844 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/ryantyre/s.../1795855838810177625

https://twitter.com/AGAndrewBa.../1795840914486948097

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
President Trump Delivers Remarks as Jury Deliberates in New York City, “Weaponized Deal to Manipulate Law”

President Trump delivers remarks after Judge Juan Merchan delivered some of the most ridiculous instructions in the history of jury instructions.

Judge Juan Merchan told jurors they do not have to agree unanimously on each of the 3 counts charged. The jury can have 4 members agree to guilt on each of the three counts and the judge will accept that as 12 decisions for guilt overall. There’s no way these types of instructions will pass appellate court review; but that’s not the purpose of the Lawfare that Judge Merchan is participating in.
WATCH:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24611 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
My fear is that this judge is under orders to do whatever necessary to get Trump locked up, if even for just a few hours. DJT will then be "epsteined."

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5313 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
My fear is that this judge is under orders to do whatever necessary to get Trump locked up, if even for just a few hours. DJT will then be "epsteined."

I doubt the Secret Service will allow Trump to be "Epstiened."

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5008 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
No. Uh uh. NO

DO NOT post idiotic shit like this in this forum. You have been warned. I had better not have to address this again, and that goes for everyone here. Do not post this stupid shit in this forum.

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
<<snip>>
There are plenty of grounds for a meritorious appeal if he's convicted.

IF he's convicted, that will be all is needed to prevent him from becoming our next president! He will be a convicted felon until well after the November election, and any appeals won after that, which is very likely, will simply be too late! These assholes know exactly what they're doing! The only hope at this point is acquittal, or a mistrial... and with the mistrial it's likely a second trial will be scheduled before election day to tie him up!

My hate for Dims grows stronger every single day!!!

Posts: 4783 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Mea culpa, Boss.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5313 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
IF he's convicted will be all is needed to prevent him from becoming our next president! He will be a convicted felon until well after the November election, and any appeals won after that, which is very likely, will simply be too late!
You don't know what you're talking about, and I don't want to hear that fucking gloom and doom shit here. Go cry elsewhere.

You do not know what is going to happen this November. End of story.

I want you guys- all of you- to remain calm. When the verdict comes out, I don't want to see any loud proclamations and angry stomping around in this forum, and I damn sure don't want to read any blind predictions of "It's all over."

Be

Cool

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
IF he's convicted will be all is needed to prevent him from becoming our next president! He will be a convicted felon until well after the November election, and any appeals won after that, which is very likely, will simply be too late!
You don't know what you're talking about, and I don't want to hear that fucking gloom and doom shit here. Go cry elsewhere.

You do not know what is going to happen this November. End of story.

Okay, I'll shut up now. Just remember I said this before it happens...

Posts: 4783 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Moderated Status, seven days

You think I'm playing with you? I told you to keep that shit out of this forum, and I meant it.

Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Moderated Status, seven days

You think I'm playing with you? I told you to keep that shit out of this forum, and I meant it.

As expected. No worries...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"As expected"?

Now it's 30 days

You don't know a Goddamned thing about what I'm going to do.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Yes, this whole shitstorm is so horrible, I'm betting that some members on the jury also see the absurdity. Also I'm betting that most of the members of the jury realize the historical importance of their decision, and the notoriety of the OJ Simpson jury would pale in comparison to their situation.

The day ends without a verdict, hopefully some cooler heads in that jury room are trying to convince the others to do the right thing.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Are the jurors sequestered? If not, they surely have read and watched much of the analysis, despite the judge's instructions. And if they have seen that stuff, they have seen people like Alan Dershowitz- a Democrat who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020- saying that this is the most egregious miscarriage of justice he has seen in his entire life.

The question, then, is do they wish to be part of this historic travesty, or do they want to retain their integrity.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure the SCOTUS is following this closely, as are NY appellate judges. If he's acquitted then it's moot, of course.

But a judge telling the jury that he's breaking them into three different camps and each one is to work on a different federal crime? Jurors 5-12 have no say on the charges that jurors 1-4 are deliberating? That's beyond whacked.

On the other hand, if, say, jurors 1-4 and jurors 5-8 find him not guilty but jurors 9-12 do on their crime, does that mean he's guilty of that crime when 2/3 of the jurors weren't part of the deliberation? 4 out of 4 is unanimous? I truly hope there's more to this separate camp story.

This is just bizarre as fuck.

Is there any precedent for this? Does a judge have the authority to do whatever he wants in his/her courtroom at any given point in time? What I'm asking is, can a higher authority intervene or do a judge's orders stand until appeal?

Year V

Posts: 2674 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
If he's acquitted then it's moot, of course.

Would it be moot as far as the judge is concerned? No reprecussions for going rogue like this?

Year V

Posts: 2674 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post