SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do you know the Constitution with regard to that?

Then, cool it. I don't want to hear the gloom and doom about what the left is going to say. It doesn't matter.

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Truly disgusting.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
Yes they will say he’s ineligible. They’ll scream it and when it’s overturned, they’ll cry foul.
They play so GD dirty. They continue to out play the Good guys. Stay frosty friends.

War Eagle!

Posts: 210 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
So you can assault people on the NYC subway over and over again and nothing happens...... but if you're Trump you get a felony over some paperwork thing.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11097 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
So you can assault people on the NYC subway over and over again and nothing happens...... but if you're Trump you get a felony over some paperwork thing.

Yes. You, me, Trump. We all get held to different standards because we don't buy into their horseshit. This is perhaps the most visible example of that, and people are watching. I wonder if this will have a concurrent effect on poll numbers the way the charges and arrest did. If so....

They may have overplayed their hand, here. Your average guy in a bar or a coffee shop is going to see this on the news and think "so they got him on 34 counts of paying a hooker to go away. Ok."

Posts: 17654 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerkyjer:
Yes they will say he’s ineligible. They’ll scream it and when it’s overturned, they’ll cry foul.
It doesn't matter whether or not it's overturned. The verdict of this trial does not make him ineligible to run for president or to hold the office.

If you don't know what the Constitution says about this, look it up. The crimes prohibiting being POTUS are specific.

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I absolutely think the Democrats will rue the day they did this though ultimately. I think this makes Trump 1000 times stronger and may have just insured a cheat-proof massive landslide for him today.

Para, sorry about being negative.

Posts: 34582 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I hope they appeal directly to the US Supreme Court. Bypass everything else.

Convicted on the word of Michael Cohen...I wonder how these people actually sleep at night.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Very sad. But there will be a tsunami of money and support for Trump.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I absolutely think the Democrats will rue the day they did this though ultimately.

If, and only if they are held to the same standards they have imposed.

I know it's not "the American way", but we have to start playing their game using their rules. Playing nice has gotten us exactly where we find ourselves today.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15857 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to log into the Donald J Trump site to contribute, some problems prevent me for now. But once it is GTG, I urge you to do the same and give until it hurts.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/alx/status/1796293218709200925

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I know it's not "the American way", but we have to start playing their game using their rules. Playing nice has gotten us exactly where we find ourselves today.

This right here. I saw someone say it here just the other day that we need to be above those kinds of tactics. The left set the table, we may as well sit at the table and pass them the salt instead of standing there scoffing because they didn't correctly lay the salad fork next to the dinner fork.

Posts: 17654 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
What is the elevated crime?

Unspecified. The prosecution suggested 3 possibilities in closing and the judge instructed the jury that each member could pick any one of the three they thought Trump was guilty of, and they did not have to be unanimous.

Clear 6th amendment violation that cannot stand up to appeal, at least appeal to SCOTUS. NY Appellate and Supreme courts may uphold it.

AND immediate appeal to SCOTUS is justified because the prosecution claimed federal election law violation and the judge told they jurors that was one of the 3 they could pick.

Posts: 4931 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I have been trying to log into the Donald J Trump site to contribute, some problems prevent me for now. But once it is GTG, I urge you to do the same and give until it hurts.

Can you provide the correct link? I seem to have lot it and so many scam messages I don't know which link is legit.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
What is the elevated crime?

Beating Hillary Clinton. They never got over it, to this very day.

Posts: 34582 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Sentencing is July 11. Maximum penalty is 4 years per count, with 34 counts, but in white collar crimes such as this sentences are typically concurrent. There is no minimum and he "could" just get probation.

So realistically, I think the judge will sentence him to at least a year in jail and order him remanded immediately with no release pending appeal. That means no appearance at the convention, and no campaigning. He could still get elected from jail, but this is new territory for this country...

They are playing hardball lawfare and see no reason for them not to go all the way with imprisonment. That is unless SCOTUS takes an emergency appeal and issues a stay pending their decision. I think in the best interest of the country, SCOTUS will do this.

Posts: 4931 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Can you provide the correct link? I seem to have lot it and so many scam messages I don't know which link is legit.

I'm pretty sure this is his official site https://www.donaldjtrump.com/join and when I press the contribute box, it goes to an error screen.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

I think in the best interest of the country, SCOTUS will do this.

I’m pretty certain this is coming and very quickly. Look at my post about how the left is suddenly going hard against Alito, Barrett and Thomas, trying to bully them into recusing themselves.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

At least until now...

Posts: 8903 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post