SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

This may seem excessive, but what has been going on in NYC is extremely similar if not almost identical.

The fundamental legal principle became Nazi "common sense". "Whatever is good for Germany is legal".

Posts: 7400 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
And they say Trump is a threat to democracy. Assholes! Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

whats the penalty for a kangaroo court? whats the penalty for subverting the constitution? whats the penalty for fabricating evidence? whats the penalty for railroading?

apparently none - at least in NYC, and the State hasn't done zip either

that makes the ALL complicit in this travesty and the only way we will ever stop this behavior is to have our own Nuremberg style trial when this is said and done. Do to them what they've done to us, but with finality. Trail, sentence. No waiting. No appeals. From the State AG to the local prosecutors and judges.

... We need a first magnitude purge.

I am optimistic that somehow the citizenry will correct what has happened across the last 5 years, including all of the lawfare against DJT. I don't think it will be a Nuremberg style trial, though. (We do need Nuremberg for the Covid miscreants). With luck it will be an awakening that leads to better elected representatives. At this moment I also believe DJT will be #47 and will clean the administrative house in DC with good effect.

Pendulums swing, and this one is overdue to come back. With any luck it will be mostly civil. Severe punishment is called for. Deterrence to protect us in the future is a bonus of bringing justice to those who have flouted the Constitution.

Posts: 9741 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
This may seem excessive, but what has been going on in NYC is extremely similar if not almost identical.

The fundamental legal principle became Nazi "common sense". "Whatever is good for Germany is legal".
Nope, not "excessive" at all. Frown

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6369 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
In view of how outrageous the judge’s rulings and actions in this case have been it seems to me that he doesn’t care about what may happen later on appeal. If a guilty verdict is reached, that’s all the Left will harp on until the election, and beyond if Trump is elected. Even if the verdict is more quickly overturned by an appropriate court than seems to be usual in such situations, that can be ignored whenever the case is discussed. And if it is overturned, that can be dismissed as a “technicality”: “He really was guilty,” will be the claim, and I suspect the judge in the case knows that, and will satisfy what was his intention from the beginning.

As for a hung jury, my understanding is that it simply means the case could be tried all over again. That wouldn’t be as good for the evil Left as a guilty verdict, but would keep the matter alive and delay any appeals.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47701 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
In view of how outrageous the judge’s rulings and actions in this case have been it seems to me that he doesn’t care about what may happen later on appeal. If a guilty verdict is reached, that’s all the Left will harp on until the election, and beyond if Trump is elected. Even if the verdict is more quickly overturned by an appropriate court than seems to be usual in such situations, that can be ignored whenever the case is discussed. And if it is overturned, that can be dismissed as a “technicality”: “He really was guilty,” will be the claim, and I suspect the judge in the case knows that, and will satisfy what was his intention from the beginning.

I also don’t understand why a hung jury is something to be hoped for. As I understand it, that simply means the case could be tried all over again. That wouldn’t be as good for the evil Left as a guilty verdict, but would keep the matter alive and delay any appeals.

I can easily picture the hags on The View, especially the red headed one, saying, "A jury of his peers found him guilty. Looking at all the evidence, he committed the crimes and is a convicted felon. Trump is the only president ever convicted of 34 felonies and an overturned decision on appeal doesn't change their deliberations, viewing all the evidence and speaking with a unified voice that Alvin Bragg was right to file the case. I'm looking forward to what Fani Willis does in Georgia."

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I can easily picture the hags on The View, especially the red headed one, saying...
Just take it easy. We don't need any of that.

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And still, no written instructions or previous testimony is given to jurors, only verbal instructions in the courtroom. Insane.
https://x.com/PaulIngrassia/st.../1796190070854066378

https://x.com/JonathanTurley/s.../1796249931331641801

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, here we go.

Since a verdict was actually reached, I think that's bad news.

Jurors reach verdict in Manhattan hush money case against Donald Trump

A Manhattan jury has reached a verdict in the historic criminal hush money case against Donald Trump and are expected to read out the decision shortly.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/30/...yp&utm_medium=social

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guilty on 34 counts. I am now officially and forevermore embarrassed by my country (if I wasn’t already.)

Posts: 801 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Courtroom corruption at it's finest.

Posts: 23216 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My faith in those who can make a difference in important matters has diminished drastically. Even ordinary law-abiding citizens can be evil. Mad

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Sad sad day for the Republic. Frown

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6369 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Not surprised, unfortunately.

So...now what?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15511 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
What is the elevated crime?

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Not surprised. No way it doesn’t get reversed on appeal. But the left knew that before they started this charade.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Face palm time

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6408 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This only makes President Trump stronger. The left can now say "We got em!" and MAGA will say: "Still voting Trump." We knew this was going to be the verdict. It aint stopping the Trump train to a Great America.

Posts: 801 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Disgusting outcome to a sham trial

Posts: 13582 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So now the Democrats are going to squawk “he’s a felon, he’s ineligible to run for President“

Posts: 34582 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post