SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Of course there are Haitians eating people's pets, strays, feral domestic critters and wildlife (which most people don't eat).
And there are non-Haitians doing it too.

It is a direct result of the invasive illegals' pouring in and the screwed economy as well as societal "don't give a shit" mentality of the majority.

Hungry people of all demographics being poor under hardship are going to eat. Likely more of this having gone on than people realize, but many recently from other cultures and countries are not as restrained by taboo's of the west or America.

There are two basic problems with the "story".

1. It is not all the Haitian people, and it is not as if they are standing on street corners eating animals like crazed Zombies, so it becomes easy to ridicule the truth and embarrass those that do report actual occurrences. (the few that are seen in public are passed of as crazed and unconnected events)

2. The media, the left (but I am being redundant) are quick to weaponize any and everything against their perceived enemies, and that list is anyone that does not carry water or vote for them no matter what.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's exactly why I asked Black since he has a contact within the town. Unless you live there.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I do not.

And, it was not directed at you or a response to your post, only my "generic" opinion/thought on the topic and how it has been "targeted" by the leftists as a means to embarrass and/or corral anyone they despise as "weird" for "outrageous thoughts".

Harris stated as much with her "same old playbook" mantra from the leftsts' worn out playbook. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
More bomb threats today to the City managers office and they have closed the city offices for the day.
The nonsense is spilling over into the schools they are postponing safety drills because they kids are already freaked out enough fearing the threats will spill to the schools.

quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Did he actually say none of this is true? Can you get us the truth about the city and the 15,000-20,000 illegals?

There has been an influx of approximately 15-20k migrants (both legal and illegal) to a an area that is about 26 square miles with a city population of about 58k for the city limits and for the entire county closer to maybe 120k. This has been a source of contention for folks living there for awhile now.

The pet/cat eating DID NOT OCCUR in Springfield it occurred in Canton which is no where near Springfield and it appears that was just a crazy woman and not a migrant.

Yes, someone called the police in Clark County (which is the county Springfield is in) stating that some people were loading Geese into a truck.
As one who responds to police call daily I can tell you There may be some truth to it and it may be be complete nonsense. Geese aren’t peoples pets are a complete nuisance and folks take road kill all the time all over especially in Rural areas and Clark County, Ohio has some very rural areas.

The issue that has the city pissed off is that about a year ago give or take a drunk driving Haitian crashed into a school bus killing an 11 year old kid. That sent folks into a pissed off firestrom.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
sigmonkey and Black, thanks for clarification.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CNN’s Jake Tapper calls out Kamala Harris for dodging debate questions

https://nypost.com/2024/09/12/...-harris-over-debate/

CNN’s Jake Tapper calls out Kamala Harris for dodging debate questions

CNN host Jake Tapper took Vice President Kamala Harris to task for not answering direct questions during Tuesday’s presidential debate on ABC.

On Wednesday, Tapper said Harris was less than forthcoming about her policies, beginning the debate “by punting the first question on the economy.”

“It went on from there,” Tapper said after playing a clip of her response. “Despite the economy being the number one issue facing the country, the sitting vice president generally reverted to talking points about a few of her policy proposals. Even Harris allies today are saying that she needs to talk more about what she will do for Americans if elected.”

The host then noted another major question she avoided answering, saying “she also dodged” on the border.

When asked how she might have managed the crisis better than President Biden, Harris began, “So I‘m the only person on this stage who has prosecuted transnational criminal organizations for the trafficking of guns, drugs, and human beings.”

“M’kay, that wasn‘t the question,” Tapper said of her remark.

“When asked how she would break through the Israel-Hamas war stalemate Harris said this…” he continued, sharing the clip.

“We need a ceasefire deal and we need the hostages out, and so we will continue to work around the clock on that,” Harri said.

“OK. But again, how?” Tapper asked.

Fox News Digital reached out to the Harris campaign for comment.

Tapper, a vehement critic of former President Trump, cautioned he wasn’t “equating” the two candidates.

“While by no means are we equating the two performances last night, it is also true that at times both Trump and Harris fell short of giving straightforward answers to questions about how exactly they would run the country,” he said.

ABC has been blasted for how it ran the presidential debate, with many arguing the moderators were outright hostile to Trump while going easy on Harris.

Tapper co-moderated the CNN Presidential Debate in June between Trump and Biden.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well, ignoring the "pets" discussion, this is still NOT good.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1833901906860613745

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/kylenabecker/status/1833738508244070892

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

More bomb threats today to the City managers office and they have closed the city offices for the day.

Bomb threats aren't Trump supporters MO

You know full well who is pulling this crap

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Starts with an A and ends in an A.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I don't think he alluded to those threats being from Trump supporters in any way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Why is what the moderators did any surprise? Remember George Stephanopoulos's phantom question on birth control and the pre-planned weeks' worth of stories after that debate? Remember Candy Crowley? The real question is why Republican candidates can't come up with a strategy to counter this. They know its going to happen. And, why is it these network news nutsacks are the only people deemed worthy to mod a debate? It'll never happen but I'd love to see a debate with a center-left mod, and a center-right mod not from the network media. For example Joe Rogan, and Adam Corolla. I bet you'd learn a lot more.

Or they need to quit doing these debates. In the immortal words of Shorsey, "If you can't win don't play."

Posts: 7650 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Why is what the moderators did any surprise? Remember George Stephanopoulos's phantom question on birth control and the pre-planned weeks' worth of stories after that debate? Remember Candy Crowley? The real question is why Republican candidates can't come up with a strategy to counter this. They know its going to happen. And, why is it these network news nutsacks are the only people deemed worthy to mod a debate? It'll never happen but I'd love to see a debate with a center-left mod, and a center-right mod not from the network media. For example Joe Rogan, and Adam Corolla. I bet you'd learn a lot more.

Or they need to quit doing these debates. In the immortal words of Shorsey, "If you can't win don't play."

Man, why do you even post this?

First, who is surprised? Name one on here who was. Everyone already knew ahead of time that this was a lion's den Trump was walking into, that he was going to have to deal with the corrupt so-called moderators. And what happened subsequently only confirmed it. And that's only what folks are saying. That's the game Trump's team accepted. "Strategy to counter" what? If you're so smart, why don't you tell us your brilliant strategy, sitting here with 20/20 hindsight?

Second, don't think for a second these corrupt media are getting a free pass to brainwash people. Thirty, forty years ago, when they controlled all of the media, sure, but these days, with all the alternative media available and independent journalists running around, they can no longer get away with it. They are being eviscerated and exposed for their lies. Even CNN is calling them (ABC) out.

Third, you even admitted that a debate under a center-left or center-right mod will never happen, then pray tell, what's your suggestion?

Btw, Trump did very well, afaic, despite all the doom and gloom bullshit out there and on here.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I recall a few years ago when the left and media were chanting "facts aren't truth." Now this, like may other misleading mantras has been turned on its head WRT the pets-eating controversy. Not to mention the other damage done to our communities and economy by illegal immigrants.

Just wait until they start to vote en masse for the type of politics they had in their countries of origin. Like Californians moving to Colorado, the malignancy will take hold and metastasize. We can stop it, maybe even reverse it, but it's a lot easier to never let it take hold in the first place.

I was walking Clark through the streets of Rehoboth Beach DE this morning, wearing my Trump t-shirt, and got several "don't let the Haitians eat your puppy" comments. Not a funny joke to my mind, but it shows that this story has traction. Other comments on my chosen wardrobe were generally favorable with some being very much so. This in a town that is as leftist as any you are likely to find in this country.

Posts: 6764 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Brandon Straka, the hairdresser who started Walk Away and has a huge following on X, posted the following. It got a great number offices:

quote:
Statement on the debate last night:

I haven't changed my mind in the slightest. Donald Trump won the debate. There is no question.

Before anybody calls me delusional or desperate, know a few things...

I have been openly critical the past few years about my opinions about the Trump Campaign's missteps and missed opportunities in this election cycle. I am in no way a Trump cultist. I've even said many times that his performance in the last debate with Biden was not stellar, and it's only the fact that Biden was a total disaster that distracted from the fact that Trump could and should have been more potent at that debate.

Reading and watching commentary from conservatives about last night makes one thing perfectly clear: the majority of conservatives foolishly believed that Kamala wouldn't prepare for the debate. Why? Sorry to be so blunt- but if you honestly believed she was going to show up last night and just cackle and make no sense, shame on you for being so gullible.

Everybody has been asking for months, "why isn't she doing any media?", "why isn't she answering questions?". It seems crystal clear- she's been spending weeks and weeks being coached and prepped for her moment last night.

Is she qualified to become president? No.
Is she smart enough for the job? No.
Is she prepared & knowledgable enough to do this? No.

But the woman is not a shiftless moron. She went to law school, she passed the bar, she became a lawyer.

We know for a fact that she's coachable and capable of memorizing lines. That's what she's spent the last 2 months doing.

But what astonishes me most is that conservatives are acting like she came out last night like Winston Churchill and brought the house down with a policy recitation that will live in infamy.

No such thing happened.

She dodged questions. When asked about one of the most important issue to most voters: border security, she deflected entirely- her entire answer was about Trump's bogus indictments and innuendos about sexual assaults- and of course... Charlottesville and January 6th.

She had no substance, no depth. Her finest moments were in fact... weak. Thin. Flimsy. Well memorized, but absolutely vacuous tropes that did absolutely nothing to illuminate how exactly Kamala Harris is going to make our lives and our country better in 4 years than they are today.

On to Trump.

I never worry about Trump's reactions. I know this is a great source of anxiety for many conservatives- but I don't understand why. This belief that he's going to come unglued because somebody gets under his skin seems to be based on nothing at all that I can see. This isn't to say that I always believe he says the right thing or reacts the way I wish he would. But I can honestly say I have never once in 8 years been watching through my fingers as he's coming unhinged before my eyes. That simply has never happened, and I don't worry that it ever will.

What I worry about with Trump in debate scenarios is his energy- which has been inconsistent in the past. Sometimes we've gotten the quick paced, lightning fast guy who sets the room on fire. Other times we've gotten the soft spoken Trump whose relaxed demeanor lacks the power and punch that's needed in the moment.

He's not up against a walking corpse anymore. Last night I needed him to bring his best energy and his most solid focus... and he DID.

All I'm reading today are comments about how she won because she got under his skin. Preposterous. It was literally the opposite. Last night I watched a guy who took on three opponents at the same time, and handled it with sharp precision and skillful messaging and wit.

On the other hand, it was Kamala who I watched repeatedly become emotional, unnerved, defensive, insecure, and reactionary. Her face oscillated between looking pained and tense to looking lost, helpless, and confused.

So many conservatives were rolling over in defeat starting last night that I began to wonder if I had missed something. So I watched the debate again.

No. I didn't miss anything.

Last night two candidates took the stage to make their case to the American people about why they should be our next Commander in Chief.

Donald Trump identified the problems and the existential threats facing our nation today, and spoke from a place of wisdom and experience, laying out clear and comprehensive plans for what needs to be done to right the ship of America that has been steered so far off course. He was strong, confident, and poised.

Kamala Harris spent the night deflecting, hypocritically telling us again and again that it was time to "turn the page" and "move on" while she spent the entire night referencing thoroughly debunked lies about Charlottesville, J6, bloodbaths, and even the Central Park 5- taking us back 5 to 40+ years all night long, avoiding accountability for her failed vice presidency by reiterating leftist hoax after leftist hoax.

Kamala Harris did not win this debate. Apparently, she surprised a significant number of people by proving that she's capable of memorizing enough superficial talking points to ride out an hour of television programming.

This election will ultimately be decided by convincing enough undecided people which of the two choices they had last night was better for the country.

It will not be decided by MAGA loyalists or post-debate panicked conservatives, and it won't be decided by Trump hating leftists or the crowds of people being bussed in to Kamala's rallies. It will be decided by the people who know that their lives are fundamentally worse today than they were 5 years ago, and who know that last night they were shown a picture of two candidates: one strong, experienced, and ready to give them back the life they had 5 years ago; and one who divides, lies, fear mongers, and deceives.

Again, if you tuned in last night expecting to see Kamala Harris show up as a bumbling unprepared idiot, that's on you. Clearly you haven't been paying attention to the fact that the Democrats will do anything necessary to keep power. That includes coaching and practicing with Harris until she comes across as passable.

And that's all she was last night: passable. Not great. Not exceptional. Not even newsworthy. She was just adequate and nothing more.

So I maintain: Donald Trump won the debate. Hands down.

Link, I think

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
He nailed it.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...=breaking_news_email

Judge Dismisses Two Counts Against Trump in Georgia; Fani Willis Lacked Authority

Fulton County, Georgia, Judge Scott McAfee dismissed two of the counts against former President Donald Trump in a RICO prosecution there, ruling that District Attorney Fani Willis lacked standing to bring the charges against him.

Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee found that state prosecutors did not have the authority to bring those charges, which related to the alleged filing of false documents in federal court.

McAfee allowed the remainder of the case to move forward, including eight charges against Trump. Trump and 14 co-defendants have pleaded not guilty to racketeering and other charges stemming from what prosecutors allege was a scheme to overturn Trump’s narrow defeat in Georgia in the 2020 election.

Last month, Trump’s lawyers asked a state appeals court to remove Willis from the case over “racial animus,” after she gave a speech claiming that ethics complaints against her had been filed because of racism.

The ethical complaints were later found to have merit, exposing an inappropriate relationship between Willis and fellow prosecutor Nathan Wade, who was forced to resign from the case.

The news of two charges being dropped against Trump is the latest legal victory for the former president in what he says is a pattern of political prosecutions against him, at both the federal and state levels.

Vice President Kamala Harris tried to use those prosecutions against him in the presidential debate September 10.

posted Hide Post
https://x.com/OneBadDude_/status/1834020910157774941

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump says he won't debate Kamala Harris again

WASHINGTON – Former President Donald Trump said Thursday he will not debate Vice President Kamala Harris a second time, drawing criticism from Democrats after he was put on the defensive during Tuesday's showdown.

Making his announcement in a Truth Social post, Trump criticized both Harris and President Joe Biden. Trump and Biden faced off June 27 before the incumbent dropped out of the race and Harris ascended to the top of the ticket.

"KAMALA SHOULD FOCUS ON WHAT SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE DURING THE LAST ALMOST FOUR YEAR PERIOD. THERE WILL BE NO THIRD DEBATE!" Trump said.

Prominent Democrats said Trump was reeling from polls showing that Harris won Tuesday's debate handily. A CNN/SSRS poll published Wednesday found that debate watchers 63% to 37% said Harris performed better on stage during the contest in Philadelphia.

Citing three national polls and one swing-state poll, ABC News/538 reported that "57 percent of debate watchers nationally said Harris turned in the better performance; only 34 percent said Trump did."

In his Truth Social post, Trump referenced other polls claiming he won the faceoff with Harris, but he appeared to be referring to online surveys with self-selected respondents.

Trump demurred about whether he'd participate in another debate before making his announcement Thursday.

"When a prizefighter loses a fight, the first words out of his mouth are, “I WANT A REMATCH," Trump said.

Harris made a low-key response, telling supporters at a campaign stop in North Carolina that "we owe it to the voters to have another debate." Harris' campaign called for another Trump-Harris debate just minutes after the Tuesday debate ended.

Link

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post