SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 ... 959
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Trump challenging Libertarians to nominate him at their own convention was fantastic. Classic Trump.

https://x.com/TPostMillennial/.../1794534133362049368

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30582 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/greta/status/179...sistance-day-1224%2F

https://x.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...sistance-day-1224%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16832 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
never interrupt the enemy when he is making a mistake...

Posts: 53403 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/TONYxTWO/status/1794916436043079886

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108147 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SHD8M25zZo&t=2s

This message has been edited. Last edited by: oddball,

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16832 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
casually observing the rulings on witnesses and evidence, i'd say the judge has already committed multiple reversible errors, doesn't seem to want to stop now

Posts: 2887 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
History by DJT

Posts: 23033 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Oh yeah.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1SHD8M25zZo?si=Arm9NUDe6yVh8Pm4" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

All I get is blank white space.

Can you post a link?

Thanks

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17499 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
History by DJT

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OSoyyErZ3Zo?si=ECjA9vLPIyW5vaEB&start=153" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

All I get is blank white space.

Can you post a link?

Thanks

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17499 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SHD8M25zZo

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38887 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey E
5/20/24

Joey D
5/27/24

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7664 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://epoch.daily.theepochti...a7a3ef715922f6cc2844

Rep. Stefanik Files Ethics Complaint Against Judge in Trump Trial, Alleges Conflict of Interest

He ‘knows he must recuse under New York statute,’ she said last week.

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) has submitted a formal complaint to the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct, alleging a conflict of interest involving the judge overseeing former President Donald Trump’s ongoing New York City trial.

The complaint, sent on May 21, centers on Acting Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan’s role in the criminal case against President Trump and the professional activities of Justice Merchan’s daughter on behalf of Democratic politicians.

Ms. Stefanik publicly chastised the judge before filing the official complaint. Last week in a statement she stated that Justice Merchan “who donated to Biden and whose adult daughter is raising millions” from the trial “knows he must recuse under New York statute.”

“[The] New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct just reprimanded Merchan for his inappropriate political donations in 2020,” she said in a May 17 statement. “America is starting to understand Merchan is a corrupt judge, presiding over blatant Biden Democrat lawfare and election interference against Trump—that is lining his family’s pockets. Merchan has disgraced our justice system in New York.”

Conflict of Interest Allegations

In her letter to the Commission, Ms. Stefanik highlighted that Justice Merchan presides over the case where President Trump faces a potential 136 years’ imprisonment if convicted. Ms. Stefanik argued that this case has far-reaching implications, not just for President Trump, but for the broader political landscape, as President Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee for the upcoming presidential election.
Ms. Stefanik raised concerns about Justice Merchan’s impartiality due to his daughter’s position as president of Authentic Campaigns, a firm representing prominent Democrat politicians and political action committees (PACs).

According to the complaint, these clients have capitalized on President Trump’s indictment for fundraising purposes.

For instance, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), a client of Authentic Campaigns, used the indictment to solicit donations of $10, raising approximately $20 million. Similarly, the Senate Majority PAC raised around $73.6 million following the indictment.

Legal Basis for Recusal

Ms. Stefanik cited a section of the New York State Unified Court System’s Rules of Judicial Conduct, which mandates a judge’s disqualification from a case if a close relative stands to benefit substantially from the proceedings.
Ms. Stefanik asserted that the professional engagements of Justice Merchan’s daughter constitute such a conflict of interest, as her clients’ fundraising efforts are directly linked to the case over which her father presides.

In the complaint, Ms. Stefanik emphasizes, “It is common sense that, if these groups make no money, they cannot afford to pay for services provided by individuals such as Ms. Merchan. The more money raised, the more it can be spent on services.”

Ms. Stefanik’s complaint also referenced comments from U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin, a retired federal judge, who expressed concerns in a media interview last month about the potential for perceived bias.

The complaint also pointed to a history of alleged judicial misconduct by Justice Merchan. Recently, media reports asserted that the Commission had privately cautioned him for making political donations to President Joe Biden and other Democrats in 2020. This prior reprimand is cited by Ms. Stefanik as further evidence of partisanship influencing Justice Merchan’s judicial conduct.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38887 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All longtime members and readers of this forum know how I feel about polls, but this is remarkable, and difficult to ignore:

SHOCK POLL: Trump Leads Biden by 19 Points in Polymarket Poll – A 21 Point Swing in ONE MONTH

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Until now, I've stayed out of the "deadly force authorized on Mar a Lago raid" because it seems law enforcement people and others supposedly in the know have downplayed is as SOP. I'm certain this is true, but those who have shrugged off this obscenity overlook the fact that this situation is unique, and anyone who has to have that explained to them needs to have their head examined.

The assaults on our liberties, coming from the leftists and the slime in the swamp, are so frequent and of such a nature that many of us, myself included, have become desensitized to a great degree, as happens to people experiencing a war.

Well this fucking horse shit crosses the line for me. Read the following and tell me you aren't shocked and angered, and I don't want to hear the first word about SOP. This is beyond the pale.

Biden’s FBI Justified Its Deadly Force Policy in Mar-a-Lago Raid Because of “Life Threatening” Contraband in Kitchen, Gym

Judge Aileen Cannon last Tuesday unsealed numerous motions related to Jack Smith’s classified documents case against Trump.

One filing revealed Biden’s FBI authorized the use of deadly force during their raid on Mar-a-Lago authorized by US Attorney General Merrick Garland in August 2022.

Armed FBI agents were prepared to confront Trump!!

“Should FPOTUS [Trump] arrive at MAL [Mar-a-Lago], FBI MM EM and OSCs will be prepared to engage with FPOTUS and USSS Security Team,” the document read. “Should USSS provide resistance or interfere with FBI timeline or accesses, FBI MM EM will engage with [redacted] and [redacted] will engage with USSS POC’s per existing liaison relationships.”

“Law enforcement officers of the Department of Justice may use deadly force only when necessary, that is, when the officer has a reasonable belief that the subject of such force poses an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury to the officer or to another person,” the document read.

In an appalling statement released Tuesday evening, the FBI claimed the authorization of deadly force on former President Trump is just “standard protocol.”

The stenographers in the media also came out in defense of the deadly force policy and claimed it was just standard operating procedure.

US Attorney General Merrick Garland claimed the same deadly force policy was in effect when the FBI searched Biden’s Delaware homes. Of course, Merrick Garland did not offer any documents to back up his claims.

Joe Biden’s FBI justified its authorization of the use of deadly force during their Mar-a-Lago raid because of “life-threatening” contraband in the kitchen and gym.

But wasn’t it just standard policy?

“Without no basis whatsoever, in the affidavit or otherwise, FBI agents searched the private bedrooms of the First Lady and President Trump’s youngest son. See Walter v. United States, 447 U.S. 649, 657 (1980) (“[A] warrant to search for a stolen refrigerator would not authorize the opening of desk drawers.”). The FBI’s photo log demonstrates that the agents took extensive photographs of those rooms—42 and 27, respectively—for no apparent reason. See Ex. 5 at USA01285293-300. There was no factual basis for the agents to rummage through rooms not specified in the warrant and, not surprisingly, they seized nothing from these other rooms,” according to Trump’s motion for relief relating to the Mar-a-Lago raid and unlawful piercing of attorney-client privilege.

“Nor was there any basis for the FBI to bring firearms into Mar-a-Lago. There were no threats and no risk to agents’ safety arising from their allegations relating to possession of documents at a premises already guarded by the Secret Service. But the agents appear to have done so, based on documents produced in discovery, in order to search for alleged contraband they pretended was life threatening in Mar-a-Lago’s gym and kitchen (five and four pictures, respectively),” the motion read.

https://x.com/julie_kelly2/status/1795145593821491393

I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
So these morons wanted the FBI to get in a shoot out with the United States Secret Service. Talk about a bunch of incompentent and corrupt lunatics.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3800 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The pieces of shit showed up at the door with pre-printed, misleading cover sheets for documents they knew were there. Their manufactured narrative was in hand before they stepped foot on the property.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8406 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
When this all gets repaired with the coming elections, I hope a thousand heads roll like marbles in a pin ball machine. Not in my life have I witnessed such unlawful conduct by officials and law enforcement. I hope Trump brings the thunder and arrests come a pleanty. Prison time for every dirt bag involved.

Posts: 17944 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
When this all gets repaired with the coming elections, I hope a thousand heads roll like marbles in a pin ball machine. Not in my life have I witnessed such unlawful conduct by officials and law enforcement. I hope Trump brings the thunder and arrests come a pleanty. Prison time for every dirt bag involved.

How did all of this happen? Because they thought they would get away with it. Same reason as an illegal bioweapon gain of function program led to a world-wide pandemic. Same reason billions of doses of dangerous injections were administered, and the world locked down, and wealth transferred from us to them.

This is why serious consequences must be imposed. It is just human nature to push as far as one believes they can, and unfortunately people with evil intent exist.

The dems are prosecuting because they believe they will get away with it. They illegally change voting rules, they pull suitcases full of fake ballots out in the middle of the night and count them multiple times, etc etc.

We're in an asymmetric war. The best thing Trump could do is gut the administrative swamp. We can live without the good they do in trade for eliminating the evil they do.

Posts: 9566 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I imagine, hope and pray for some REAL house cleaning at the FBI and ATF when Trump is elected. Mad

Posts: 23033 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Justice Merchan asked jurors to prepare for a long day today...

...speculation runs high as to whether proceedings will end in an acquittal, a guilty verdict, or a hung jury.

So, no directed verdict of not guilty?

Long day, hah.

First they will have a quick breakfast of cherubim and seraphim.

Then they will get an updated COVID booster.

They will then be insulted by the judge, sent to a waiting room for an hour, brought back to court and a 30 minute break will be called.

Then the persecution will spend an hour babbling incomprehensible insults and gibberish supposedly about legal status and how ugly Trump is.

Then they'll break for lunch from the hot dog cart on the sidewalk outside the court.

90 minutes later they will try to restart business, but two jurors are in the toilet barfing up their lunch.

30 minutes later they will finally all be seated, but still moaning.

The judge will then sing a medley of excerpts from the opera "Carmen", an opera in four acts by the French composer Georges Bizet. The libretto was written by Henri Meilhac and Ludovic Halévy, based on the novella of the same title by Prosper Mérimée. The opera was first performed by the Opéra-Comique in Paris on 3 March 1875, where its breaking of conventions shocked and scandalised its first audiences. Bizet died suddenly after the 33rd performance, unaware that the work would achieve international acclaim within the following ten years. Carmen has since become one of the most popular and frequently performed operas in the classical canon; the "Habanera" and "Seguidilla" from act 1 and the "Toreador Song" from act 2 are among the best known of all operatic arias.

The jury will then be hung, which will actually come to them as a great relief.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24287 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post