SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 ... 952
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Ashleigh Merchant Is a VERY impressive Lawyer.
She defiantly has ALL the ducks in a row.

Posts: 4651 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
MSNBC Psaki and Maddow laugh at Virginia voters for being concerned about illegal immigration

"OMG, it's hilarious, hahahahahahahahaha, people in Virginia are so stupid..."

Governor Justice fired back regarding the "Virginia does have a border with West Virginia" comment:
https://twitter.com/JimJustice.../1765358392741106066

God bless America.

Posts: 13557 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Well, Mitch finally did it.

quote:
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), the outgoing Senate minority leader, endorsed former President Donald Trump for reelection in 2024.

McConnell’s support of Trump is a signal of unity against President Joe Biden.

The endorsement came just minutes after former presidential candidate Nikki Haley dropped out of the Republican primary.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024...r-tuesday-victories/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16788 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he was holding out hope that ol' Nik would make it. Roll Eyes

Sack of shit.

Posts: 107971 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
lol as if his endorsement means anything

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1552 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Trump will do a live commentary on tonight's Biden SOTU.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16788 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Well then THAT might be worth tuning in for!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
A hearing before members of the Georgia Senate on Wednesday brought new details over the effort to disqualify Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis from Donald Trump’s election subversion case, including information about her meeting with Vice President Kamala Harris.

Attorney Ashleigh Merchant, who first raised allegations about Willis’s relationship with a special prosecutor on her team, Nathan Wade, testified before a state Senate hearing about what she has learned about the prosecutors seeking to indict her client, Mike Roman, in the sweeping racketeering case. The hearing panel comprised six Republicans and three Democratic state lawmakers.

Merchant shared publicly available White House records during the hearing that showcased Willis’s meeting with Harris took place on Feb. 28, 2023, just months before a special grand jury handed up an indictment to Willis’s office in August of that year.

During the roughly three-hour hearing, Merchant noted that the Mayor of Atlanta, Andre Dickens, was present for the meeting at the White House.

Washington Examiner Story

This is gonna shock you, but Biden, KJP, et al, has consistently maintained that the White House had no involvement in the Georgia Election Interference case brought by Willis.

Posts: 13341 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure they presented anything regarding Wade going to DC, I'd like to see it if she had, because it's been mentioned that he did go to the WH.
Unfortunately Fani has some wiggle room here. She denied going to the WH, and she may not have actually went there, "technically speaking".

This is a crappy screen grab I made of the WH log Merchant submitted into evidence for 2/28/2023 visit:

Looks to me like this was an outdoor event with 456 people in attendance, some kind of black history month thing on the last day of the month.
The technicality mostly revolves around where it was.

It lists the location as "VPR", which I'm pretty sure is the Vice Presidents Residence, and that's the rub...
The VP residence is actually the Naval Observatory (Number One Observatory Circle), it's ~3 miles from the WH. The WH manages the visits there though. It's a technicality, and there may have been other visits, but that's the log she submitted into evidence to the GA Senate.

So on this one particular point, she may have an out. Everything else still looks terrible for her. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6241 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
interesting article that the phone call, that started Fani Willis persecution of Donald Trump. was illegally obtained.

https://thefederalist.com/2024...h-illegal-recording/

Jordan Fuchs - what a treacherous POS

long read

"Fuchs is instead described as a “street-smart deputy” of Raffensperger who is obsessed with personal slights, political payback, and her hatred of Trump, his supporters, and his team. Her previous dabbling in the occult is contextualized, along with her shocking lack of knowledge of election law and processes — which brings us to the illegally taped phone call."

Fuchs recorded a phone call between Trump, Raffensperger, and their associates. Fuchs ended the call by saying they should get off the phone and work to “preserve the relationship” between the two offices. Instead, she immediately leaked the phone call to The Washington Post, which published it hours later.

Fuchs has never talked publicly about her taping of the phone call; she learned, after the fact, that Florida where she was at the time is one of fifteen states that requires two-party consent for the taping of phone calls. A lawyer for Raffensperger’s office asked the January 6 committee not to call her as a witness for reasons the committee’s lawyers assumed were due to her potential legal exposure. The committee agreed. But when she was called before a Fulton County special grand jury convened by Fani Willis, she was granted immunity and confirmed the taping, according to three sources with direct knowledge of her testimony.

Republicans had long suspected Fuchs was the source of the audiotaped call and, further, that she had illegally recorded it in Florida. Fuchs had noted in a Facebook post that she was in Florida visiting family around the time of the call. The book describes the close working relationship and “secret collaboration” of the Liz Cheney-led Jan. 6 committee and Fani Willis’ prosecutorial team. Fuchs should have been a major part of the televised show trial Cheney put on, further convincing Republicans that Fuchs had illegally taped the call and Cheney was helping cover that up. (Incidentally, the book portrays Cheney as the real leader of the Jan. 6 committee, that she viewed it as a “platform for her to resuscitate her political career” and would “provide a springboard for a Cheney presidential run.”)

The problem for Fani Willis’ political prosecution is that the book convincingly shows the entire prosecution rests on a piece of evidence that everyone now knows was illegally obtained — never mind that the evidence has also been completely misinterpreted.

“And Fuchs did what was arguably the single gutsiest and most consequential act of the entire post-election battle,” the authors write. “Without telling Raffensperger or Meadows, she taped the call.”

“It was all the evidence Fani Willis needed to get started,” they write of the leaked recording, adding, “The recording was the single piece of damning evidence that had launched the investigation.”

With this evidence provided in the hagiography of Willis, those persecuted by her political prosecution could argue the entire investigation is corrupted by the “fruit of the poisonous tree” doctrine.

“Fruit of the poisonous trees is a doctrine that extends the exclusionary rule to make evidence inadmissible in court if it was derived from evidence that was illegally obtained,” according to Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute. “As the metaphor suggests, if the evidential ‘tree’ is tainted, so is its ‘fruit.’ The doctrine was established in 1920 by the decision in Silverthorne Lumber Co. v. United States, and the phrase ‘fruit of the poisonous tree’ was coined by Justice Frankfurter in his 1939 opinion in Nardone v. United States. The rule typically bars even testimonial evidence resulting from excludable evidence, such as a confession.”

Posts: 19640 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
interesting article that the phone call, that started Fani Willis persecution of Donald Trump. was illegally obtained.

Oh my!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6241 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Simmer down"?

Lady if it were up to me, those guys would let you bake like a chicken if your house caught on fire, you arrogant commie bitch.

https://twitter.com/_johnnymag.../1765822744740966637

Posts: 107971 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
With this evidence provided in the hagiography of Willis,

I'm too old to become aware of words I've never heard of. Hagiography? A perfect description of her book.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Simmer down"?

Lady if it were up to me, those guys would let you bake like a chicken if your house caught on fire, you arrogant commie bitch.

https://twitter.com/_johnnymag.../1765822744740966637
I guess Nadeen has spoken... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I'm mixed on Trump doing a real time rebuttal.

Let Biden bumble and Trump can do it later. If Trump makes a mistake, the medial will be all over it and not focused on Joe.

It's an edgy idea but I don't know if there's a tremendous upside for Trump doing it. Let the GOP rebuttal take place with proper focus on it. Trump can do it tomorrow.

Posts: 4111 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Tucker's doing a live program, also.

Posts: 2838 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I'm mixed on Trump doing a real time rebuttal.

Let's give it a chance. There's going to be plenty of time for dissent during the stuttering and fake applause to lay out a rebuttal.

Posts: 7412 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
not focused on Joe.

There’s not a chance they’ll be focused on pResident Potato anyway.

Pretending the media will “instead” be focused on Trump is a red herring.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37128 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Simmer down"?

<<snip>>

I say she can go get Fuched... Disgusting parasite on America!

Posts: 4648 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My God the decline in Biden is now so bad that he doesn't even have to speak to see it. He is a trove of every physical facial expression generally attributed to senility.

Bidens eyes have now become narrowed to just slits over 50% of the time he is photographed or filmed.
This particular similarity is getting too obvious to ignore:

Posts: 7283 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post