SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 ... 973
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve been pretty clear that I think the Supreme Court is going to find that there is no absolute presidential immunity and that an impeachment is not a prerequisite, but also that presidential immunity does exist for official acts. It is then going to send the case back to the lower court to determine whether specific acts that form the basis of the criminal charges are official acts.

So, what is an "official act"?
Clearly, signing legislation or issuing an executive order would be an "official act".
But what about speaking at a campaign-style rally?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24304 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Wow, I knew Olbermann was an unhinged leftist loony toon but this is marvelous!

That Olbermann Tweet is from a Parody account.

https://twitter.com/OlbermannO.../1764778231608053948

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30609 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Clearly, signing legislation or issuing an executive order would be an "official act".
But what about speaking at a campaign-style rally?

There would be a big grey zone between private vs official act, imho. Speaking as a candidate would be private. "Vote for me, the other guy is terrible" is campaigning. Promoting policy and advocating citizens tell Congress what they think? Presidents do that all the time as President.

It seems dangerous to me to try to have courts involved in the grey zone between clearly private vs clearly official.

Posts: 9579 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a lawyer but it seems obvious to me that “official act” as President is not only extremely broad but also a case of if there is doubt then the tendency would be to label it an official act. Ie, to label it non official would be a high bar and easily articulated. Or it defaults to official. Ie again, dinner is an official act and anything that happens at dinner unless you can easily articulate why it wasn’t. Obvious campaigning or fund raising are the obvious non official moments. Most everything else is protected in my mind.

You don’t want the President not ordering the fish because he thinks it can come back on him. Lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
3/4/24

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7665 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Fani

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...gh-merchant-n2636040

long article

Sources have confirmed that the GA Senate committee looking into the Fulton DA have subpoenaed Attorney Ashleigh Merchant to testify Wednesday, 3-6-24

The hearing will be live streamed and is open to the public

I think this is the live stream link for tomorrow:

https://www.legis.ga.gov/sched...GMLsQcWZ8gAAAlpiAAAA

Posts: 19678 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And the defense keeps digging up more and more witnesses. Fani may even be found to have tried to influence a witness. Sing little birdies, sing.

https://twitter.com/PhilHollow.../1765000050340446292

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30609 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Do enough Californians dislike Newsome enough to vote for his opposition or stay at home if he runs for president?

Posts: 13195 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/charliekir.../1765163691945996543

Democrats missed their window to remove Joe Biden and are probably stuck with him as their candidate.

Had 10 Democrat Governors and Schumer pressured Joe to drop out last summer, it could have severely damaged his position. But no one wanted to split the Democrat Party or cause division.

They knew Biden was weak, and they knew Kamala was even worse than Joe himself, but they "hoped" something else would come through instead:

Fani Willis in Fulton
Alvin Bragg in NYC
Jack Smith in DC
Letitia James in New York
14th Amendment challenges

They hoped lawfare would bankrupt Trump, or send him to prison, or stigmatize him in the minds of voters. None of it has worked.

The only remaining hope for Democrats looking to draft another candidate is post convention, but Biden would have to willingly bow out given DNC delegate rules, or his health would have to fail.

Trump vs Biden is by far the most likely scenario.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108211 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

And I agree with Kirk- Biden is in it for the long haul. And if not, it will be Harris. No secret agent shit, no Big Mike inserting herself into the race, no diabolical plan for a surprise candidate that will blow everyone away.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16851 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Do enough Californians dislike Newsome enough to vote for his opposition or stay at home if he runs for president?

No. Most CA Dems thinks the guy walks on water.

P229

Posts: 3894 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley concedes defeat: Trump's main rival will suspend her presidential bid after suffering embarrassing defeat during Super Tuesday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...s-trump-endorse.html

Posts: 12847 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

No. Most CA Dems thinks the guy walks on water.

Well shit. Was hoping for the slim chance that enough Californians were sick of his shit enough to turn CA.

Posts: 13195 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Ashleigh Merchant is tearing them a new one one right now in Georgia. Special investigation into Gorilla grip. She has even shown White House connections. Fani is packing bags to Brazil right now if she can find where it is.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3612 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Joey D
3/4/24

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="180" src="https://omny.fm/shows/oconnor-and-company/joe-digenova-hung-cao-2024-news/embed?style=Cover" title="Joe diGenova, Hung Cao, 2024 News" width="100%"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I listened past the DiGenova interview to be sure I wasn't being punked and Hung Cao was a real person. What's the chinese name for constipation? Hung chow.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MSNBC Cuts Off Trump Victory Speech; Claims It's "Irresponsible" To Broadcast

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...esponsible-broadcast

MSNBC’s salty anchor Rachel Maddow once again cut away from Donald Trump giving a victory speech after winning 15 of the Super Tuesday states, reasoning that it is “irresponsible to allow” Trump to “knowingly lie.”

So what awful lies was Trump spreading this time?

He was talking about the revelation widely reported everywhere this week following a FOIA lawsuit, that the Biden regime secretly flew in thousands of illegal immigrants from foreign countries to at least 43 different American airports from January through December 2023.

Labelling Biden “the worst president in the history of our country,” Trump added “Today it was announced that 325,000 people were flown in from parts unknown. Migrants were flown in airplanes, not going through borders, not going through that great Texas barrier…”

Trump continued, “today it was just announced before I came out, it was unbelievable. I said, that must be a mistake. They flew 325,000 migrants, flew them in over the borders, in, into our country. So that really tells you where they’re coming from.”

“They want open borders and open borders are going to destroy our country. We need borders and we need free and fair election,” he added.

Wow, what an “irresponsible” thing to “knowingly lie” about. We wouldn’t want Americans to hear about such awful lies now would we.

more at link

Posts: 12847 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am watching a little bit of the Special Investigation.

Merchant did a very good job of research, and she is doing a good job presenting this to the Special Investigation.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Fani

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...gh-merchant-n2636040

long article

Sources have confirmed that the GA Senate committee looking into the Fulton DA have subpoenaed Attorney Ashleigh Merchant to testify Wednesday, 3-6-24

The hearing will be live streamed and is open to the public

I think this is the live stream link for tomorrow:

https://www.legis.ga.gov/sched...GMLsQcWZ8gAAAlpiAAAA

Miss Ashleigh is burning down the house.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Almost 21k people watching this hot mess, just on Viva Frei Rumble...

https://rumble.com/v4hihnx-liv...-into-fani-will.html

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6256 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
MSNBC Psaki and Maddow laugh at Virginia voters for being concerned about illegal immigration

"OMG, it's hilarious, hahahahahahahahaha, people in Virginia are so stupid..."

Border Patrol Union:

Americans dying by the thousands of fentanyl overdoses, women raped and murdered, kids sex-trafficked, cops assaulted...all due to leftists' open border.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...tting-worse-n2636162