SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what needs to be amplified.

https://x.com/charliekirk11/st...nd-brutally-n3793689

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8616 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
The 9/10 debate on ABC (if it happens) has some interesting disagreement between the two camps about the rules of the debate. The original debate rules made with Biden called for an "off" requirement for the other candidate when one candidate is speaking. Apparently Biden felt that he needed that so that Trump didn't verbally overpower him.

Fast forward to Kamala. She is asking for a rule change. She wants an open mike with no "mute requirement" for the candidate not answering a question. Interesting development. According to a talking head that I heard on the radio, Kamala wants this because she wants the election to be about personality, manners and a "persona." She doesn't want it to be about issues. Even though Trump beat Hillary, research indicates (according to this talking head) that Trumps frequent interruptions were a major turn off to undecided female voters. Same thing when Trump ran against Biden. His frequent interruptions of Biden were supposedly a turn off to undecided voters. Kamala thinks that Trump won't be able to control himself and will come across as "unpresidential."

I do think that Trump is going to win, but I agree that Kamala wants the election to be about anything other than issues.

So what is the disagreement that's being put forward by the Trump camp? You only mention one side. Last I heard, the terms of the debate had already been agreed to and now the 'Kammunism' side want's to change the rules! They are but one camp...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9434 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
So what is the disagreement that's being put forward by the Trump camp? You only mention one side. Last I heard, the terms of the debate had already been agreed to and now the 'Kammunism' side want's to change the rules! They are but one camp...

She's already run away from the September 4th debate. I have no doubt she wants to get out of this debate as well, even though ABC will likely give her the questions upfront.

Her skull is empty. Outside of her "Reefer-losophy"statements, she cannot put two sentences together. Her handlers want to run out the clock while keeping her away from the public in unscripted moments as much as possible, then count on physical and electronic ballot box stuffing to drag her across the finish line.

Posts: 8879 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://lists.theepochtimes.co...9C0X4zVHW/Syz70xe833

Trump Suggests He Might Pull Out of ABC Debate With Harris

‘Why am I doing it? Let’s do it with another network,’ he said on Aug. 26.

Former President Donald Trump suggested on the evening of Aug. 25 that he may skip a Sept. 10 ABC News debate with Vice President Kamala Harris amid dueling statements issued by both campaigns about whether the microphone should be muted.

Trump wrote on Truth Social that he did not like how the network’s Jonathan Karl handled an interview with Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) on Aug. 25, questioning ABC’s capacity to be impartial.
Trump then wrote, “Why would I do the debate against Kamala Harris on that network?”

On Aug. 26, Trump told reporters inside a Vietnamese restaurant in Falls Church, Virginia, why he didn’t like how the network handled the Cotton interview.
“When I looked at the hostility of that, I said, ‘Why am I doing it? Let’s do it with another network,’” the former president said. “I want to do it.”

When asked directly whether he will participate in the September ABC debate, he said, “We’re thinking about it. We’re thinking about it. They also want to change the rules. You know, the deal was we keep the same rules. Now, all of a sudden, they want to make a change in the rules.”

He did not elaborate on the proposed rule changes but said he wants to have a fair debate and is seeking “tough questions.”

He argued that the Disney-owned channel should not be holding the debate.

“I‘d much rather do it on NBC. I’d much rather do it on CBS. ... And certainly, I‘d do it on Fox. I’d even do it on CNN. I thought CNN treated us very fairly the last time,” Trump said.

Statements issued by both campaigns on Aug. 26 indicated that there was an impasse over microphones and whether they should be turned on or off.

Trump told reporters in the Virginia press conference that he would prefer to have his microphone switched on. During his CNN-hosted debate with President Joe Biden, his microphone was muted much of the time.

“Doesn’t matter to me. I'd rather have it, probably, on. But the agreement was that it would be the same as it was last time,” the former president said.

“I’m not spending a lot of time on it. I think my whole life I’ve been preparing for a debate.

“You can’t cram knowledge into your head, for, you know, 30 years of knowledge in one week. So, you know, there’s a little debate prep, but I’ve always done it more or less the same way.”

In response to Trump campaign comments and his Truth Social post, Harris spokesperson Brian Fallon said in a statement that their campaign wanted ABC News to keep their microphones on for the full event and not be muted.

“The Vice President is ready to deal with Trump ... in real time,” Fallon said. “Trump should stop hiding behind the mute button.”

Trump campaign senior adviser Jason Miller said in a statement that the team already agreed to the same terms as the debate hosted by CNN in June.

“We said no changes to the agreed-upon rules,” he said.

Representatives for ABC News did not respond by publication time to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.

Harris obtained the Democratic Party’s nomination after Biden stepped aside last month, and she had said that she would do the Sept. 10 debate hosted by ABC News previously agreed to by Biden and Trump.

Trump had floated another debate hosted by Fox News on Sept. 4, which he said would become a televised town hall with just himself and host Sean Hannity if Harris didn’t accept. The Harris campaign said it was not interested.

The vice presidential candidates, Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, are scheduled to debate on Oct. 1 on CBS News.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
give Harris a shitload of questions for the debate

just don't ask any of them

Trump should have the town hall style debate on Fox with Hannity asking the questions, and leave Harris' seat empty - much like her brain

or put up a cardboard poster of her, saying it was better qualified

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Former President Donald Trump’s campaign confirmed Tuesday that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Tulsi Gabbard are on his presidential transition team.

“As President Trump’s broad coalition of supporters and endorsers expands across partisan lines, we are proud that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Tulsi Gabbard have been added to the Trump/Vance Transition team,” campaign senior adviser Brian Hughes said in a statement to The Epoch Times. “We look forward to having their powerful voices on the team as we work to restore America’s greatness.”

The announcement was made after Kennedy said Trump had made the offer if the Republican presidential candidate wins another term in office.

“I’ve been asked to go on to the transition team, you know, to help pick the people who will be running the government, and I’m looking forward to that,” Kennedy said during an interview with Tucker Carlson, the former Fox News host who now has a popular account on X.
Kennedy suspended his independent presidential bid last week and announced he is backing Trump, adding that his name would remain on ballots in states where it is not likely that his candidacy will impact the outcome of the election. He joined the former president in a rally in Arizona last week.

Later in the interview, Kennedy was asked about what his plans are now that his campaign has effectively ended.

How Will RFK Jr.’s Backing of Trump Impact the Presidential Election?
“I’m going to work to get him elected, and, you know, I’m working with the campaign. We’re working on policy issues together,” he said in response.

“And I’m going to fight,” Kennedy said. “I don’t know what would happen to me if we lose.”

After Vice President Kamala Harris entered the race in July, some polls suggested that Kennedy may have pulled some voters from Trump. Kennedy, the son of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, also faced legal challenges against his name appearing on ballots in several states.

Gabbard, a former Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii who ran for president in 2020, on Monday said she is backing Trump for his White House bid. Her announcement was made alongside Trump at an event in Detroit.

She praised Trump for “having the courage to meet with adversaries, dictators, allies and partners alike in the pursuit of peace, seeing war as a last resort,“ adding that the United States is ”facing multiple wars on multiple fronts in regions around the world and closer to the brink of nuclear war than we ever have been before.”

Trump earlier this month named former WWE executive Linda McMahon and billionaire businessman Howard Lutnick to co-chair his transition team. His two oldest sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, will serve as honorary chairs of the team, along with his running mate, Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio).
“The 2024 GOP Platform to Make America Great Again is a forward-looking agenda that will deliver safety, prosperity and freedom for the American people,” the Trump campaign said in a statement in mid-August.

“My administration will deliver on these bold promises. We will restore strength, competence and common sense to the Oval Office. I have absolute confidence the Trump-Vance Administration will be ready to govern effectively on Day One.”

Kennedy, an environmental lawyer and health advocate, entered the 2024 race as a Democratic challenger to President Joe Biden’s reelection bid before he switched to run as an independent months later. Voter interest in Kennedy waned over the summer after Trump survived an assassination attempt at a Pennsylvania rally and Biden dropped out, making the way for Harris.

During their rally in Arizona, Trump accepted Kennedy’s endorsement and also pledged to create a commission that would release the remainder of files pertaining to the assassination of Kennedy’s uncle, President John F. Kennedy.

Kennedy at the rally proclaimed that Trump would “make America healthy again” and he would be a president “who is going to protect us against totalitarianism.”

Over the past weekend, however, several members of Kennedy’s family were critical of his endorsement of Trump, saying in a widely circulated letter that it goes against the family’s values.

On Sunday, Kennedy told Fox News, “My family is at the center of the Democratic Party,” adding that he understands why they are “troubled by his decisions.”

“I feel like we were raised in a milieu where we were encouraged to debate each other, and debate ferociously and passionately about things and still love each other,” he added. “They’re free to take their positions on these issues. There are many, many members of my family working at my campaign and who are supporting me.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...aPWpP0KzNNvIGHRtg%3D

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
https://lists.theepochtimes.co...9C0X4zVHW/Syz70xe833<<snip>>
In response to Trump campaign comments and his Truth Social post, Harris spokesperson Brian Fallon said in a statement that their campaign wanted ABC News to keep their microphones on for the full event and not be muted.

“The Vice President is ready to deal with Trump ... in real time,” Fallon said. “Trump should stop hiding behind the mute button.”
<<snip>>

Oh, that is rich!!! Kameltoe is the one who was/is demanding that the mics be muted when not in use. And to accuse Trump of hiding behind the mute button???

More proof that every damned thing coming from the DEMONcrats are pure lies and obfuscation!!! Mad

Posts: 4778 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
give Harris a shitload of questions for the debate

just don't ask any of them

Trump should have the town hall style debate on Fox with Hannity asking the questions, and leave Harris' seat empty - much like her brain

or put up a cardboard poster of her, saying it was better qualified

I like the ideas with the cardboard cutout!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3123 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
A few days ago, I posted a link to a video of Kamala Harris. I think the video is fraudulent. I should've checked it out until I was certain it was authentic. I apologize to members for my sloppiness.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11204 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ So what is it about the video that was fraudulent? That KK didn't say she was going to confiscate firearms? The video was doctored? Or what?

Q

Posts: 27507 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Texas AG Ken Paxton Launches Election Fraud Raids on Latino Democrats’ Homes, Including State House Candidate and a Local Mayor — Officers Seized 65 Cellphones and 41 Computers

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has ramped up efforts to ensure the integrity of the state’s elections, launching a comprehensive investigation into allegations that nonprofit organizations are unlawfully registering noncitizens to vote.

This push aims to preserve the sanctity of the electoral process and prevent any potential illegal influence on local, state, and national elections.

Investigators from the Texas Attorney General’s Election Integrity Unit have been conducting undercover operations to identify and crack down on voter registration activities that may involve noncitizens.

This is the same unit that, in June 2021, arrested Monica Mendez in Victoria County on multiple counts of election fraud. Mendez was charged with 7 counts of Illegal Voting, 8 counts of Unlawfully Assisting a Voter Voting by Mail, 8 counts of Unlawful Possession of a Ballot, and 8 counts of Election Fraud.

Early findings from these recent operations have revealed that various nonprofit organizations have been setting up booths outside Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Driver License offices, offering voter registration assistance.

These booths are allegedly targeting non-citizens and illegal aliens who may not be eligible to vote.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...734408&lctg=26773771

Trump Just Shared a Major Update Regarding a Debate With Kamala Harris

As the Harris campaign tries to go about changing the rules for the September 10 debate between Vice President Kamala Harris and former and potentially future President Donald Trump, the Republican nominee said on Tuesday afternoon that they have "reached an agreement" for that debate with ABC News. This comes after Trump had raised on Sunday night that he had questions and noted for people to "stay tuned."

The statement was made to Trump's Truth Social account, and also shared to various X accounts affiliated with the campaign, including the Trump War Room. The Trump-Vance campaign also sent out an email about Trump's post.

"I have reached an agreement with the Radical Left Democrats for a Debate with Comrade Kamala Harris," his statement began, using his nickname for the vice president whose policies he has pointed out are communist in nature. "It will be Broadcast Live on ABC FAKE NEWS, by far the nastiest and most unfair newscaster in the business, on Tuesday, September 10th, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania," he added, making clear how he still has issues with the network.

When it comes to the burning questions about the rules, Trump got to that part as well, making clear it will be the same as the previous debate from June 27, hosted by CNN. Although President Joe Biden's campaign got all that they asked for, the president performed so badly against Trump that he was forced to withdraw from the race less than a month later.

"The Rules will be the same as the last CNN Debate, which seemed to work out well for everyone except, perhaps, Crooked Joe Biden. The Debate will be 'stand up,' and Candidates cannot bring notes, or 'cheat sheets,'" Trump explained.

He also noted that they've been "given assurances" when it comes to concerns he had about candidates being given questions beforehand, with a reference to former DNC Chairwoman Donna Brazile.

"We have also been given assurance by ABC that this will be a 'fair and equitable' Debate, and that neither side will be given the questions in advance (No Donna Brazile!)," Trump added.

Yet another burning question involves whether Harris will show up for more debates, including a Fox News debate on September 4, just a little over one week away.

"Harris would not agree to the FoxNews [sic] Debate on September 4th, but that date will be held open in case she changes her mind or, Flip Flops, as she has done on every single one of her long held and cherished policy beliefs," Trump added, also concluding with yet another tease about another possible debate. "A possible third Debate, which would go to NBC FAKE NEWS, has not been agreed to by the Radical Left. GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

cont...

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Newsmax reporting that Jack Smith has issued another indictment against Trump related to the election.

This is becoming absurd in the most transparent way.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ail&utm_medium=email

Jack Smith Files New Indictment Against Trump in J6 Case

Federal prosecutors have filed a new indictment in the January 6 case against former President Donald Trump, after the Supreme Court granted the 2024 Republican nominee substantial immunity.

A spokesman for Special Counsel Jack Smith said the superseding indictment, which was presented to a new grand jury, one that had not previously heard evidence in the J6 case, "reflects the Government's efforts to respect and implement the Supreme Court’s holdings and remand instructions," according to the court filing Tuesday afternoon.

Smith has reportedly been consulting with other officials within the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) for weeks about the Trump case.

Now, the allegations against Trump are slimmed down in light of the Supreme Court's immunity ruling. The prosecution has not dropped any of the four charges that they initially brought against Trump, as he's charged with the same supposed offenses. However, the current indictment carves out some of Trump's alleged conduct.

cont...

Another article...

https://lists.theepochtimes.co...3SBI8Sbkr/xAXTQnmle5

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oriental Redneck

posted August 27, 2024 02:35 PM Hide Post
^^^ So what is it about the video that was fraudulent? That KK didn't say she was going to confiscate firearms? The video was doctored? Or what?

Q

Yes, I think the video was doctored.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11204 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JenniferG
posted Hide Post
Jack Smith, Merrick Garland and Dopey Joe are a boil on the butt of America.

Posts: 107 | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that there was a big question about how Jack Smith can be a Special Council, as he was not elected to the position. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Posts: 6709 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I thought that there was a big question about how Jack Smith can be a Special Council, as he was not elected to the position. Perhaps I am mistaken.

No, you are correct. But, it doesn’t seem to matter in today’s world.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, according to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, there is a Very BIG question here, and I believe it will determined that it absolutely does matter!

Justice Thomas wrote a concurring opinion in the Immunity Case in which he questioned the validity of Jack Smith's appointment as 'special counsel':

"If this unprecedented prosecution is to proceed, it must be conducted by someone authorized to do so by the American people."

"If there is no law establishing the office that the Special Counsel occupies, then he cannot proceed with this prosecution. A private citizen cannot criminally prosecute anyone, let alone a former President."

"We cannot ignore the importance that the Constitution places on who creates a federal office. To guard against tyranny, the Founders required that a federal office be 'established by Law.' As James Madison cautioned, '[i]f there is any point in which the separation of the Legislative and Executive powers ought to be maintained with greater caution, it is that which relates to officers and offices.' 1 Annals of Cong. 581. If Congress has not reached a consensus that a particular office should exist, the Executive lacks the power to create and fill an office of his own accord."

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9434 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Any scheduled debate where Kamala does not show up the time slotted should be given to Trump to use however he wishes. He could give a speech on his policies, fraudulent election schemes, the assassination attempt anything he wishes to address the public on. Or just use it to drag Kamala and Walz through the mud for 90 minutes.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8616 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post