SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... 979
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Naturally, SCOTUS ruled in favor of Trump. No one- not even the leftists- should be surprised. That's why they were all pissed off that the court agreed to hear the case. They knew their shit wouldn't hold.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108248 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
9-0, as it should be. Pleased to see that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30630 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
unanimous decision. excellent

Posts: 19689 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
In the immortal words of Boston-based Irish-American publican "Mr Dooley", created by the late-19th/early-20th Century columnist Finley Peter Dunne, “No matter whether the Constitution follows the flag or not, the Supreme Court follows the election returns."

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2735 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
This case raises the question whether the States, in addition to Congress, may also enforce Section 3. We conclude that States may disqualify persons holding or attempting to hold state office. But States have no power under the Constitution to enforce Section 3 with respect to federal offices, especially the Presidency.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/o...3pdf/23-719_19m2.pdf

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24310 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's time's like these that it's highly entertaining to tune into MSNBC, CNN, et al.

Poor Jim Acosta is trying to convince us that Donald Trump is an "insurrectionist" and it's hilarious.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Absolute 100% proof that Donald Trump is a legitimate candidate for POTUS, always was.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16859 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Good. This is as it should be.
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^^
The written opinions of the Justices will be interesting. Perhaps beyond the bounds of the usual judicial restraint.
Looking forward to it.

It's times like this we'll especially miss Justice Scalia. His written opinion would've been epic, I imagine Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
King Douche is upset. That's a shame. Oh, look. He says we should get rid of the Supreme Court. Sure, that makes sense.

https://twitter.com/KeithOlber.../1764672353378652544

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^
The written opinions of the Justices will be interesting. Perhaps beyond the bounds of the usual judicial restraint.

The opinion is linked above. Nothing fiery or outlandish... you don't usually get that in a 9-0 opinion.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24310 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, are you blind?

What have I said about this type of thing, repeatedly? What have I said?

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Man, are you blind?

What have I said about this type of thing, repeatedly? What have I said?

Wow, yeah. That was pretty bad. Deleted

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30630 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tell me what I have said about this, please.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The opinion is linked above. Nothing fiery or outlandish... you don't usually get that in a 9-0 opinion.
quote:
In a sign of the high court’s awareness of the election calendar, the justices took the unusual step of announcing the opinion on the Supreme Court’s website on a day when the court is not in session, instead of issuing it from the bench later this month.
Ref: Supreme Court keeps Trump on ballot, rejects Colorado voter challenge

I imagine the expectation is they may have more to say at a later date?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Read the thread or recent posts before posting.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It must burn Potatohead and other Dems that his DEI commie choice for the bench, Ketanji Jackson, voted with Thomas and others.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16859 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Great news to start the day with. I've been smiling about it for several hours now. It's frustrating that something this stupid had to go before the Supreme Court, but edifying that they ruled unanimously.

quote:
It must be dissolved.

Fuck you, Keith. We need them, we don't need you. If we're gonna go around dissolving stuff, it's the compromised, complicit, corrupt, illegitimate "news media" that ought to go first, and we can start with guys like you.

Posts: 17361 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The people "fighting to save our democracy" want to dissolve a co-equal branch of the government, mkay, sure. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6257 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
To the left, "democracy" is a euphemism for tyranny.

Posts: 20250 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
^^^^^^

I said Justices (plural). Their individual opinions.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9183 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post