SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 ... 928
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/2024...-new-hampshire-iowa/

Republican presidential contenders spent over $167 million in losing efforts to defeat former President Donald Trump in New Hampshire and Iowa, with plans to spend millions more in future primaries.

Trump spent just $34.1 million in both states.

Trump leads by no less than 30 points in every state after the New Hampshire primary.

Posts: 19606 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Money that could be spent defeating the leftist trash we'll be facing in November.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30436 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from Conservative Tree House (CTH))

Haley strategy is to get DEMs to vote for her

Posts: 19606 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Money that could be spent defeating the leftist trash we'll be facing in November.

Except that a big portion of that money came from Leftist trash.

I guess the upside is that the Leftists won't be able to spend that money in the general election now.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
sdy…why am I not seeing an image? Or is that part of the joke I’m not getting??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
sdy…why am I not seeing an image? Or is that part of the joke I’m not getting??

It is likely this one I fixed in my post a couple of pages back.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks, oddball!

I’m going to resist the urge to be crass and mention the ONLY place fertile ground can be found on Nikki Haley.

Walking away now………

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
If I were Nikki, I'd beg, borrow or steal donor money to make it to Super Tuesday.

While Trump has the lead in votes to get the RNC nomination, the raw number differential isn't very much. Trump will take NV and that gives him a bigger lead but if Nikki does well aka wins SC, even though the numbers and endorsements say she won't, but if she does, Trumps lead is essentially gone.

Super Tuesday is make or break for her but I think most will have seen that she's being propped up by Undecided or Democrats crossing over to effect Trump's nomination or spin a narrative.

Her path forward is pretty bad but she needs to win SC to have a chance on Super Tuesday.

Posts: 4088 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
So some of you guys really want another 4 years of Biden (or whomever is running Biden)? Am I reading that correctly?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^

???

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
So some of you guys really want another 4 years of Biden (or whomever is running Biden)? Am I reading that correctly?
I'm not sure what you're reading, so no, you're not reading it correctly.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
:

quote:
If I were Nikki, I'd beg, borrow or steal donor money to make it to Super Tuesday..........

Flashlight boy's post. We shouldn't be encouraging the games to drag out. We should be demanding they end immediately.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

Got it.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flashlight boy's post. We shouldn't be encouraging the games to drag out.
Somehow I rather doubt Ms. Haley is developing her strategy based upon SIGforum comments

(Though perhaps she should...)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Super Tuesday is make or break for her but I think most will have seen that she's being propped up by Undecided or Democrats crossing over to effect Trump's nomination or spin a narrative.

Her path forward is pretty bad but she needs to win SC to have a chance on Super Tuesday.

Trump will win South Carolina.

Nikki's ONLY path is to stay in as long as she can in the hopes that the Dems. somehow manage to knock Trump out of the race.
It's selfish, but that's Nikki's hope (and her never-Trump donors).

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And today Ronna McDaniels is telling Haley to drop out and make Trump the nominee.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
:

quote:
If I were Nikki, I'd beg, borrow or steal donor money to make it to Super Tuesday..........

Flashlight boy's post. We shouldn't be encouraging the games to drag out. We should be demanding they end immediately.

That's not what I'm saying. Not at all but since none of us can make her quit and she seems to be resisting calls to do so, my post explored what could be going through her head to make her so quick to reject those calls.

I was a PoliSci major in school so I'm looking at objective reasons or subjective beliefs that might explain her decision.

The numbers might explain why she's not bowing out. You need 1,215 delegates to get the RNC nomination. The numbers as of right now are:

Trump 32

Haley 17

DeSantis 9

Ramaswamy 3

Trump will win Nevada's 26 because she's not on their ballot that matters.

Assuming DeSantis and Ramaswamy get no other votes, the numbers after NV would be:

Trump 58

Haley 17

But then we get to SC where all the polls and endorsements and polls favor Trump but if she manages to get 2/3 of the 50 delegates from her home state, the numbers would be:

Trump 75

Haley 51

Super Tues has nearly 850 delegates up for grabs and not every state has the same rules on how delegates are distributed.

Her only hope is a decent showing in SC where she does better than 50% and then she'll need a very strong showing on Super Tuesday.

I don't think she'll do well but that has to be her thought process at the moment. What I don't like is the waste of money that Trump and Haley will spend that would be better used for Trump in the general. And I don't like the idea of her bashing Trump 24/7 which the DNC will use her soundbites in ads.

Posts: 4088 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
And today Ronna McDaniels is telling Haley to drop out and make Trump the nominee.

**Well yes you are! Saw the Tweet…

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Incestuous stuff, for those "connecting dots"...
Soooo the democrat donor co-founder of LinkedIn:

Billionaire Reid Hoffman pauses Nikki Haley funding after her New Hampshire loss to Trump, source says

Also funded the E. Jean Carroll case:
quote:
Billionaire LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman funded E. Jean Carroll’s prosecution alleging former President Donald Trump raped her, through a nonprofit group the major Democratic donor backs

https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...ase/?sh=3cfea44a3e15

More tidbits at the link.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff DeWitt resigned today. Claims he was "set up" by Kari Lake. I dunno, the recording seems pretty clear (and disgusting)
Link

Dont know why the picture from Stoic-one's post didnt work when I copied it. If you missed it, click the twitter link below for the story about AZ GOP chairman Jeff DeWitt trying to bribe Kari Lake to not run for Senate.

quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Not 100% sure where to even put this:
Crazy stuff for sure.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg.../1749893378165391480

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1749893378165391480" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 767px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 20px; background-size: 300px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 585 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post