SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 ... 951
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Why are these formerly primary states moving to a caucus system? I guess I don't know too much about caucusing. Is it better for us? Worse? No difference? Easier to cheat in?

Posts: 20178 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Not 100% sure where to even put this:
Crazy stuff for sure.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg.../1749893378165391480

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6241 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Hmm. New Hampshire. Nikki Haley. (N)ew (H)ampshire. (N)ikki (H)aley. NH. NH. Coincidence? Enquiring minds want to know!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29767 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Crazy stuff for sure.

I read this elsewhere this morning, and sorry to say, this is not surprising. AZ was completely betrayed by RINOs in 2018, 2020, and 2022. All because of Trump. And it very well may be happening in Georgia as well.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16787 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
That Kari Lake and Jeff DeWitt recording pisses me off to no end. We inch closer by the day to a point where there is no return without violence. Good on Kari for recording and pushing back.

Posts: 2988 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Why are these formerly primary states moving to a caucus system? I guess I don't know too much about caucusing. Is it better for us? Worse? No difference? Easier to cheat in?

In Missouri's case it's because 2 MO Senators refused to support a bill for primaries. I won't name them here.

As a County vice-chair, it's much more difficult, time consuming, and expensive for us to run a caucus. But... it might be somewhat better because you have to be committed to 3-4 hours rather than a 5 minute vote. In other words, only those who really want to participate will attend which to me means informed and committed. However, there is quite a bit of jockeying for position ahead of time among those who wish to be on a Trump slate.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24222 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Republicans recover over 100 files deleted by Jan. 6 committee days before GOP took majority

https://justthenews.com/govern...ss&utm_campaign=home

Forensic investigators hired by a Republican-led committee recovered more than 100 encrypted files that the Democratic-led House Jan. 6 Select Committee deleted days before the GOP took over the House majority, according to a new report released Monday.

House Administration Oversight Subcommittee Chair Barry Loudermilk, R-Ga., sent a letter to former Select Committee Chair Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., demanding he provide answers and passwords for the data, which was deleted against House rules, according to Fox News Digital.

The Oversight Subcommittee, which is investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and the former select committee, should have received four terabytes of archived data from the select committee after Republicans entered the majority in January 2023, but it obtained less than three terabytes of data.

The subcommittee hired a digital forensics team to determine what information was not handed over, and the team discovered 117 files that were encrypted and deleted on Jan. 1, 2023, two days before Republicans were sworn into the majority, according to the report.

Loudermilk said in his letter to Thompson that the Mississippi Democrat acknowledged over the summer that the select committee "did not archive all Committee records as required by House Rules" and had "sent specific transcribed interviews and depositions to the White House and Department of Homeland Security but did not archive them with the Clerk of the House."

One recovered file detailed an individual whose testimony was not archived, but "most of the recovered files are password-protected, preventing us from determining what they contain," Loudermilk also said.

The Georgia Republican is demanding Thompson provide a "list of passwords" for all select committee files. He also wrote letters to the White House and Homeland Security Department asking for "unedited and unredacted transcripts" of testimony from their officials before the former select committee.

"It’s obvious that Pelosi’s Select Committee went to great lengths to prevent Americans from seeing certain documents produced in their investigation," Loudermilk told the news network. "It also appears that Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney intended to obstruct our Subcommittee by failing to preserve critical information and videos as required by House rules."

This is not the first report of missing data from the Jan. 6 select committee. Loudermilk told the "Just the News, No Noise" TV show last year that all videotapes from select committee depositions are missing.

Posts: 12799 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Excellent news! I was hoping they could recover them. Now get those passwords!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38819 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Crazy stuff for sure.

Isn't attempted bribery illegal? So, this guy's been arrested right?

Right?

Posts: 20178 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Looks like it is obvious the strategy of the Haley campaign, they're not afraid to hide it.

At least for me, the image is hiding too.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6340 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1749960920678199600

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107967 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
AP called the win for Trump, Fox projects a win.

This is an exit poll of voters tonight, a high number of unregistered voters, leading many to believe that indeed, Democrats came out tonight to vote for Haley in the Republican primary. But with this cheating, it wasn't enough.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16787 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
So far Haley's speech sounds like a victory speech. Maybe she doesn't realize she lost?

Posts: 3484 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So sad. For the globalists, leftists, RINOs, war hawks, Unipartyists.... LOL.

Q

Posts: 26683 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Not sad for them. It’s really sad to what what the US has become.

There is half the population that is determined to destroy the very fabric of this country.

When I emigrated here in 1991 I never imagined this could ever happen.

Posts: 53318 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4138 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ We on here all get that. But, you missed my point. Would that Seinfeld's "That's a shame" have been better?

Q

Posts: 26683 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
CNN exit polls find that 70% of Haley voters were not registered republicans.
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-cnn-exit-poll-says/

As a side note, even Sen. John Cornyn endorsed Trump tonight.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
More proof that democrats are low-life cheats

They can’t even help themselves at this point.

I wish I knew what the answer was to do to this segment of society that thinks it’s ok to destroy what another segment may want.

Posts: 53318 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
More proof that democrats are low-life cheats

They can’t even help themselves at this point.

I wish I knew what the answer was to do to this segment of society that thinks it’s ok to destroy what another segment may want.

To be fair, the state has an open primary. The Democrats who crossed over and voted for Haley to close the gap didn't cheat. State rules were set up so this could happen. It's despicable but it wasn't cheating.

Posts: 4111 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post