SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AZ Republican Party Chairman Jeff DeWit resigns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AZ Republican Party Chairman Jeff DeWit resigns Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
I thought this deserved its own thread from stoic-one's post in the Trump thread.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg.../1749893378165391480

quote:
Jeff DeWit resigned as the chair of the Arizona Republican Party Wednesday, 24 hours after DailyMail.com published leaked audio of him offering Kari Lake a plum job or money to step out of politics.

In the tape, he can be heard explaining that powerful people would offer her a job or money if she sits out of politics for two years.

In his resignation statement he accused Lake of setting him up by recording a private conversation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...resigns-arizona.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Glad to see it! He really had no other choice.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38848 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Find out just WHO he is working for, and then string him from the closest tree!! Fucking RINO!!

Posts: 6644 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she set him up by recording, a white mans version of Didendoonuffin....

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
In his resignation statement he accused Lake of setting him up by recording a private conversation.
Now where've I heard that before...? Oh yeah...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I was going to come here and post this. This is F*&king insane.
I’d be very interested in knowing who the powers “Back East” that are trying to pull these strings..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smlsig,

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6378 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
-
I agree with Benny Johnson; to use Kamala's favorite curse word- Motherfucker better name some names of the "powerful people" who contacted him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Thought about making a separate thread for it yesterday, but since it blew up in his face today, which is a beautiful thing.
Chalk up one swamp critter, gone. He probably wont, but yes, name some names! Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6246 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Glad to see it! He really had no other choice.

Nor did she. Good thing she recorded this, or it could have ended badly for her.

Posts: 3589 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
as long as he is out of politics, I don't care what she had to do to get it done

a RINO is toast, and the swamp has one less leech

Posts: 53364 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Find out just WHO he is working for

... and air out the list for all to see.
Shine the light on the cockroaches, so as to better smash them.

God bless America.

Posts: 13577 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
In the interest of transparency, I’d like to know what OTHER recordings there are as well (the ones her people “threatened” to release).

Come clean and if there were crimes, investigate and prosecute.

Getting real tired of the “Scratch my back I’ll scratch your and we can F the people” mindset in politics.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11014 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he was the one set up to fall from the get-go; he should have known Kari's response.

Posts: 3249 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Find out just WHO he is working for, and then string him from the closest tree!! Fucking RINO!!

Who are ALL of the other scumbag R’s that whored themselves out to the same “very powerful people”?

Posts: 3508 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He also told her that the cartel is in all 50 states. Sounded like a threat to me.

Posts: 12824 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
He is a slimy piece of shit.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36860 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Bitch, if you're so innocent, why are you resigning?

Q

Posts: 26755 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Whose money was he offering? A little tar and feathers would loosen his tongue.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9170 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
He won’t name them. The reason they used him is because “they” knew he would be closing his eyes and cringing at every key turn. Instead of saying fuck them I’m going to expose them. But how many of our elected officials are controlled by the money because they are compromised in one way or another. It’s not just the R it’s D, and anyone else they can control. Judges, department heads, lawyers, criminals all of them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4862 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Pick any Democrat - that’s who he is working for, perhaps even Soros.

Posts: 53364 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post