SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think that ‘suspending’ campaigns should be prohibited. You’re either in or out.
<snip>

That was just his face-saving way of saying he was out. Let bygones be bygones – he endorsed President Trump for the 2024 campaign.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Desperate Times Call for Drastic Measures: Recent Polling Confirms a Trump-Kennedy Ticket Would Win 60% of the Vote – And Would Nearly Double Joe Biden’s Totals

By Jim Hoft | Jan. 21, 2024 6:00 pm

Desperate times call for drastic measures.

In 1864, during the height of the American Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln was paired with Democrat Andrew Johnson, selected by the National Unity Party to run with him in the upcoming presidential election.

At the time, Abraham Lincoln was convinced he was going to lose reelection, telling a White House visitor, “I am going to be beaten … and unless some great change takes place, badly beaten,”

The Democrats chose George B. McClellan, Lincoln’s notoriously cautious former general-in-chief of the army who had been fired after failing to pursue the retreating Confederates from Antietam in 1862.

Shortly after, General William T. Sherman captured Atlanta, and this was followed by a major Union victory in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley. Suddenly, with the Confederacy on the ropes.

Lincoln went on to win the presidency and the Civil War against the South.

It was a pivotal point in American history.

Today, America is at another crossroads. The wild-eyed American-hating Marxists are in control of our mainstream media, our education system, Hollywood, the government, and our Department of Justice.

Joe Biden has destroyed the economy with his excessive spending, open the borders to an invasion of millions of unknown aliens, ruing our standing on the world stage, locked up supporters of Donald Trump, declared the opposition an enemy to America, brought numerous junk lawsuits against the leading presidential candidate, destroyed the US justice system, and sued for the right to censor American voices.

On top of that, we know he cheats.

America cannot survive another four years of Joe Biden.

Recent polling posted at Real Clear Politics confirms that a Trump-Robert Kennedy, Jr. ticket would win over 60% of the vote. Joe Biden would be a distant second and would suffer the historic loss he deserves.

Today, America is at a crossroads. There is only one man who can lead us back to our foundation, to law and order, to a rational foreign policy, to a thriving country that respects its border.

If President Trump needs to take on Robert Kennedy, Jr. to ensure a united win in November, then he should not hesitate to make that happen.

America will not survive another four years of Joe Biden.

Q

Posts: 27564 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Interesting...I actually saw a Trump-Kennedy campaign sign last night on the way home from the Trump Rally in Manchester, NH. Not sure what to make of that, but I've heard that Trump has already decided on his VP running mate, and I don't believe that he was/is considering Kennedy. That said, the first thing that came to mind when I saw that sign was, 'Wow, that would be a Powerful Ticket'!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The implication is clear. 47 dollars

https://twitter.com/AlexanderS.../1749234395192414308

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
-The globalist leftists are in full-blown panic. Their marching order has been given. 47th needs to triple up of his personal security.

Q

Posts: 27564 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Given the implications of the globalists and a large bunch of programmed people in our country, they will stop at nothing to eliminate DJT. When the “lawfare” fails and DJT is the Republican nominee, they will be driven to insanity. I pray everyday that our Secret Service does their job protecting him with professionalism and vigor. With that said, having Kennedy as the VP is about as horrible an idea as selecting “Kackling Kamala”. If something were to happen to DJT during his next Presidency, would you really want Kennedy taking over? That’s a hard pass for me.

Posts: 3027 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I believe this is what Ramaswamy was alluding to when he said to vote for him to protect Trump. It has not been spoken at full volume yet but it's becoming louder.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8623 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Just saw the Soros tweet. Wow. Mad And hours after DeSantis dropped out.

2024 is going to make 2020 look like a picnic.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I didn’t want to publicly state my concern for President Trump’s safety though threats have become more frequent and bold as election season approaches. I didn’t want to appear to be conspiratorial on this board. Now that Parabellum has, I’ll add that the Left is panicking and pulling out all of the stops. There’s no guiding morality with these people. They want what they want and only force can keep them from it. I pray sincerely that President Trump takes his security seriously and that he not trust blindly the agencies tasked with it. We have seen other pillars of our government be corrupted and weaponized; a thing I thought we were above. The defense of this man needs to be offensive in nature.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29907 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sex Machine Nancy Mace has endorsed Trump now. Starting to fall in line.

https://twitter.com/NancyMace/.../1749449081842245688

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sex Machine Nancy Mace has endorsed Trump

Hmm... certainly better looking than my Congresswoman...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24611 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...took-house-majority/

The partisan January 6 Committee deleted more than 100 encrypted files just days before Republicans resumed control of the House, Chair of the House Administration Committee’s Oversight Subcommittee Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) revealed Monday.

The missing files are significant because they might contain information reportedly used to prosecute former President Donald Trump in Fulton County, Georgia. Fani Willis, the Fulton County district attorney, colluded with the committee to obtain information to prosecute Trump, Politico reported on January 10.

The partisan committee told lawmakers it lost or does not have much of the information they discovered during their January 6 hearings. Yet, if the Politico report is true, the committee gave Willis the information to prosecute Trump before deleting it.

Loudermilk’s forensics team identified 117 files that went missing on January 1, 2023. The forensics analysis suggests the committee either deleted or encrypted the files. Loudermilk demanded the passwords for the encrypted files, which could contain interviews and depositions that run contrary to the partisan committee’s narrative.

“It’s obvious that [the J6 committee] went to great lengths to prevent Americans from seeing certain documents produced in their investigation,” Loudermilk told Fox News. “It also appears that Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney intended to obstruct our Subcommittee by failing to preserve critical information and videos as required by House rules.”

“Because the American people have a right to know what happened,” he continued. “My main goal is to get the truth out there and give the American people the ability to make their own determination on this with facts — not with preconceived ideas or pre-determined narratives — but just the facts of what happened.”

“We do know there was plenty of intelligence that there was going to be an attack on the Capitol. So Secret Service knew of it. The FBI knew of it. Department of Defense had intelligence. Homeland Security had intelligence,” he added. “That intelligence was sent to the Capitol Police Intelligence Division—but it never got passed on any further. The chief did not know about it.”

Some Republicans say the reported collusion between the committee and Wills was intended to obscure Willis’s discovery in the Trump case, keeping it out of public view. The collusion could upend Willis’s prosecution, Breitbart News’s Joel Pollak has reported, “because the evidence was concealed to keep it away from discovery requirements that would allow defense lawyers to see what was shared, and the extent of the collaboration.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that ‘suspending’ campaigns should be prohibited. You’re either in or out.
--------------------------------------------

I have always agreed with this sentiment, until I saw an explanation in an article. Virtually all candidates suspend their campaign when they drop out. It has to do with election and campaign finance laws. If you "end" your campaign, all kinds of campaign finance laws kick in with various rules about what you can or can't do with your remaining campaign funds. If you suspend your campaign, the existing finance laws remain in effect. Makes things a lot easier with less hassle about paying off your campaign staff when they get laid off, and continuing to raise funds to help pay off any campaign debt. So that's why they do it.

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
--------------------------------------------

I have always agreed with this sentiment, until I saw an explanation in an article. Virtually all candidates suspend their campaign when they drop out. It has to do with election and campaign finance laws. If you "end" your campaign, all kinds of campaign finance laws kick in with various rules about what you can or can't do with your remaining campaign funds. If you suspend your campaign, the existing finance laws remain in effect. Makes things a lot easier with less hassle about paying off your campaign staff when they get laid off, and continuing to raise funds to help pay off any campaign debt. So that's why they do it.

Yep beat me to it, its simply a legal maneuver regarding campaign laws and rules.

Posts: 24300 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I know it’s a legal maneuver and if it were done solely to pay off debts then fine but I’m betting that most people running are rich and have no problem paying off the supposed debts but they get to keep whatever is left over.

I think it’s just another mechanism for them to fleece the public and line their pockets.

Posts: 53808 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know it’s a legal maneuver and if it were done solely to pay off debts then fine but I’m betting that most people running are rich and have no problem paying off the supposed debts but they get to keep whatever is left over.

I think it’s just another mechanism for them to fleece the public and line their pockets.

Well, the rules were written by politicians, so....

Posts: 24300 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...took-house-majority/

The partisan January 6 Committee deleted more than 100 encrypted files just days before Republicans resumed control of the House, Chair of the House Administration Committee’s Oversight Subcommittee Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) revealed Monday.
Criminal bastards, there ought to be a reckoning for all of them. Maybe someone has a backup.

Posts: 4060 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://rumble.com/v48jp9o-dir...TheLibertyDaily&ep=2

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Looks like it is obvious the strategy of the Haley campaign, they're not afraid to hide it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: oddball,

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Why are these formerly primary states moving to a caucus system? I guess I don't know too much about caucusing. Is it better for us? Worse? No difference? Easier to cheat in?

Posts: 20585 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post