SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Bravo, just Bravo !!! ^^^^

Posts: 23216 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yes, he was fantastic!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
BORIS JOHNSON: A Trump presidency could be just what the world needs

“With the shriek of elderly beldames leaping on the piano stool after spying a mouse in their ­petticoats, the Western liberal ­intelligentsia has finally ­spotted the likely result of this November’s U.S. presidential elections.

The results from the Iowa Republican caucus have exploded like thunder in every high-minded meeting place, and the ­reaction is always the same: sheer, gibbering funk.

In the editorial conferences of fine old U.S. and UK publications, the leader writers are having hysterics.

In the cocktail parties of Davos, I am told, the global wokerati have been trembling so violently that you could hear the ice tinkling in their negronis.

In the senior common rooms of our ­universities, in the synod of the Church of England, in the Orwellian corridors of the BBC and among much of the UK establishment there has been a caterwauling orgy of nose-holding abhorrence.

No! they are saying. Not him — not that man again! …”

https://mol.im/a/12983807

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/ed-morrisse...-to-prove-it-n606173

In retrospect, perhaps Fani Willis should have kept her mouth shut. Yesterday, the embattled Fulton County DA filed a motion in the Wade v Wade divorce action asking to quash a subpoena for her testimony. Rather than just argue that her testimony would be irrelevant in a case where both spouses agree that the marriage was “irretrievably broken” — certainly an arguable position — Willis accused Jocelyn Wade of “obstruction” of her prosecution of Donald Trump et al. And then Willis went one step further in accusing Mrs. Wade of infidelity as the cause of the divorce.

but

Bank records show that special prosecutor Nathan Wade purchased airline tickets in his and Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’ name for trips to San Francisco and Miami, according to a court motion filed Friday.

The filing was made on behalf of Joycelyn Wade in her divorce case with Nathan Wade in Cobb County Superior Court. Credit card statements in the filing appear to bolster allegations of a romantic relationship between Nathan Wade and Willis. The trips took place in 2022 and 2023, after Willis had hired Wade as special prosecutor in the probe of election subversion by Donald Trump and his allies.

Mrs. Wade’s attorneys actually produced the records, eliminating all doubt that the special prosecutor Willis hired had provided her financial benefit from the relationship:

Joycelyn Wade’s attorneys attached to the filing records from Nathan Wade’s Capital One bank account. It showed that he purchased $817.80 tickets for himself and Willis on April 25, 2023 to fly to San Francisco. Records show subsequent purchases at the DoubleTree hotel in Napa Valley. There were also purchases of $477.21 plane tickets in both their names to Miami on Oct. 5, 2022. Clara Bowman, who is believed to be Wade’s mother, accompanied them, records showed. Accompanying purchases from Royal Caribbean Cruises totaled more than $2,600.

The day after booking flights to Miami and the Royal Carribean cruise, Wade spent approximately $3,800 with Vacation Express, a company that offers vacation packages and tours, the records show.

“Contrary to Ms. Willis’s belief, the Defendant is not utilizing the deposition to harass her but rather to seek pertinent information from her husband’s paramour regarding her relationship with Plaintiff and the extent of the Plaintiff’s financial involvement in the same,” Joycelyn’s Wade’s attorneys responded in Friday’s motion.

“These answers are relevant to the equitable division of the marital estate, dissipation of marital assets, and the Plaintiff’s capacity to provide spousal support,” they added.

As regards to a possible obstruction charge, the motion said, “Ms. Willis’ implied threat to pursue charges against (Joycelyn Wade) and her counsel, based on inconvenient facts from her personal life that are directly relevant to the ongoing divorce proceedings … is an affront to the integrity of her office.”

Judge Scott McAfee has already scheduled a hearing for February 15 to hear a motion from the attorney for Michael Roman seeking to disqualify Willis and Wade, and to dismiss the indictment, over allegations of impropriety between the two. McAfee issued a deadline of February 2 for Willis to respond in writing to the motion and the allegations within it. Willis clearly cannot deny that she received financial benefits from Wade’s income on the case, not with the bank records and other documentation provided by Mrs Wade now on the record.

Now Willis may have a new problem with McAfee, though — witness tampering. Using her office to silence Mrs. Wade through the threat of prosecution for the preposterous charge of “obstruction” is a glaring abuse of power for personal gain. Bet your bottom dollar that Roman’s attorneys will file supplemental motions to that point and that McAfee might take that even more seriously than the apparent grift that Willis and Wade set up. And while the state bar may not have been terribly enthusiastic about delving into The Private Lives Of Atlanta Attorneys, an attempt to use prosecutorial power to silence a witness in any court proceeding is certainly going to get their attention.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
karmakarmakarma

Lots of karmic deliveries these days, yessir

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This has blown up locally for ol' Fani. Atlanta network news affiliates have grabbed hold of this. You know the media love a juicy scandal.

Some key details missing in this clip but see if you get the gist of this. I think Fani is in for a ride.

https://twitter.com/julie_kell.../1748431902875255152

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Former presidential candidate Sen. Tim Scott has formally endorsed Trump. The South Carolina senator was first appointed to the U.S. Senate by Governor Nikki Haley, replacing Jim DeMint in 2012.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024...al-blow-nikki-haley/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Wade's credit card even has Willis' name for airline tickets

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

https://twitter.com/greg_price...sistance-day-1096%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
And these Libtards and Demowits keep playing checkers while President Trump is kicking their collective asses on the chess board.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and over (trying to indict President Trump) expecting different results.

JSMH...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
2025 will be great. Trump will be President again, and Fani Willis will be in prison. Can't wait.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/charliekir...ack&utm_medium=email

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I wish I could find it again but, I had seen a video earlier today from one of Trumps recent speeches. Didn't say where it was from. But he brought up a really good point.

Went something along the lines of, "If they would have left me alone I would have been getting out of politics now, but instead they are going to have to deal with me for four more years". Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 487 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due process? Garland insists on ‘speedy’ Trump trial, cites ‘public interest’

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...ic-interest-1429503/

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/VDHanson/s.../1748419523856986488

Victor Davis Hanson
@VDHanson
What Are “They” Afraid That a "Dictator”/President Trump Might Do?

As Joe Biden’s political viability implodes, the exasperated Left has yet a new narrative: front-runner Trump and his extremist/semi-fascist/Ultra MAGA 160 million are out for “revenge” and “retribution—and that Trump might well become a “dictator” and “trample” the Constitution.

Ok, let’s examine what a supposed dictator Trump might do if he were to be elected this November?

1) Will he hide the fact that in 2024 he attempted to hire a foreign ex-spy to work with Russian sources to create a fake anti-Biden dossier (while sneakily hiding his payments behind three paywalls), seed it with the media, and hatch lies that Biden was a “Putin poodle” and “Russian asset”?

2) Would a Trump president weaponize a vengeful FBI to begin contracting with X and Facebook to suppress stories he feels will hurt MAGA candidates? Would his FBI alter FISA warrants to go after his leftwing opponents? Would he and his FBI henchmen have leftwing newspapers blacklisted from X?

3) Would Trump’s future Secretary of State round up 51 right-wing ex-CIA “authorities” to swear and lie on the eve of the balloting that the Russians created the Stormy Daniels nondisclosure agreement?

4) Maybe Trump will get his DOJ to go easy on any future accusations of tax fraud on behalf of his sons by weaponizing the IRS.

5) Maybe Trump will dictatorially cancel student loan debt on the eve of the 2026 midterms. Or would he dare by fiat drain the strategic petroleum reserve merely for Republican advantage in the midterms?

6) Maybe a dictator Trump might appoint a special counsel to investigate the entire Biden family. Would his legal counsel consult with local and state Republican prosecutors to coordinate 90 or so more indictments against ex-president Joe Biden? Will he order the FBI to sweep down on one of the Biden residences to hunt for more missing classified files that Biden removed as a senator and vice president?

7) Will he postfacto declare the 2020 riots to be an armed “insurrection” and retroactively start trying, convicting, and jailing the some 14,000 who were arrested and released—on charges of rioting, looting, arson, murder, and assault, in addition to “illegal parading” and conspiracy to burn a federal courthouse, a city police precinct, a historic church? Would dictator Trump keep in preventative detention indefinitely those arrested in 2020 for rioting and violent protest?

8) Maybe dictator Trump will refuse to discuss all medical questions concerning his 78-year age.

9) Will Trump minions in the media and military start talking about rooting out “leftwing rage”, or Antifa and BLM “domestic terrorists” from the military ranks? Would Trump order the Pentagon to discharge any soldier who refused to get one of his Operation Warp Speed COVID mRNA boosters?

10) Will dictator Trump protect some 500 “sanctuary cities” from ignoring federal laws—as they nullify the endangered species list or federal gun registrations statutes?

11) Would dictator Trump’s America destroy the southern border deliberately and invite in 10 million illegal aliens from countries he thought would ensure new conservative voters?

12 ) Would dictator Trump's America start seeing red-states removing the names of Democratic candidates from the ballot?

13) Would dictator Trump start jailing ex-Biden officials who refused Republican congressional subpoenas?

14) Would dictator Trump’s America turn over $50 billion in weapons and supplies to terrorists like the Taliban?

15) Would dictator Trump’s America see an epidemic of big-city lawlessness, as conservative prosecutors deliberately let out felons convicted of smash and grab and car-jacking, and exempted theft and shoplifting from punishment?

16) Would dictator Trump start shaking down foreign governments to send $30 million into the Trump family coffers?

17) Would dictator Trump camp out at Mar-a-Lago for 3-4 days a week, and turn the presidency into a pastime job?

So what exactly would a “dictator” Trump do that our "civil libertarian” Joe Biden already has not done?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Excellent!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DeSantis suspends and endorses Trump

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ds-campaign-n2633959

"Nobody worked harder and we left it all out on the field," DeSantis said of his presidential campaign. "I can't ask our supporters to volunteer their time and donate their resources if we don't have a clear path to victory," he admitted. "Accordingly, today I am suspending my campaign."

After coming in second place in the Iowa GOP caucuses earlier in January, DeSantis said it's now "clear" to him "that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance. They watched his presidency get stymied by relentless resistance and they see Democrats using lawfare to this day to attack him," DeSantis emphasized.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think that ‘suspending’ campaigns should be prohibited. You’re either in or out.

The only reason to ‘suspend’ rather than just quit is to fleece more people out of money.

I also think that any money left over after your campaign pays off debts should be taxed as unearned income.

Posts: 53808 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

https://twitter.com/ChayaRaich...sistance-day-1097%2F