SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 ... 926
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Regardless of what you hear, Trump has already bagged Nevada.

Posts: 12738 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
LMFAO!!!! Once again, President Trump playing chess while his opponents and enemies are still outside playing on the monkey bars. And the reporter is absolutely correct...Nikki Haley will thump her chest and gloriously tout how she won the primary and defeated Trump! All smoke and mirrors, my sweet Nikki.

I would LMFAO again if a write-in campaign for President Trump kicked her bony ass in the primary!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
ex-POTUS candidate Andrew Yang's wife is friends with Jean Carroll, who along with her attorneys, were heavily involved getting this "act" passed in mid 2022, just in time for her lawsuit against Trump. It conveniently expired in recent months, just in time for the verdict.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I know that “ex post facto” is a prohibited in criminal law, but how does it apply to civil lawsuit cases? What say you SIGForum legal eagles?

Surely, an act which was not illegal before, can not be made retro active for such and would be grounds for appeal. But given where this is occurring, and the political makeup of the courts, a miscarriage of justice is once again occurring.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107724 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
^^^

I did exactly what that guy's said. Told several family members to get fucked right before Christmas and told my mom I don't care if I ever see a couple of her kids from a previous marriage ever again.

It's no longer left vs right, Republican vs Democrat, it's good vs evil, and you're either on my side or you're not.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30431 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
It's no longer left vs right, Republican vs Democrat, it's good vs evil

I despise the "it's only politics, you have your opinion, I have mine" bullshit.

It is Right vs. Wrong. Good vs. Evil. Ethical vs. Unethical. American vs. Un-American. Pick a lane.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
https://twitter.com/VDHanson/s.../1751087392218624474

Thanks, BH. I haven't kept up with this case and I didn't know the facts around her supposed defamation.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure that I do NOT want Ms Habba pissed at me and going after me in a court of law.

Posts: 6632 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally in the Wall Street Journal....hitting on the reality of where the divides are. Bold are mine.

The Them-vs.-Us Election
quote:
Most Americans wouldn’t consider a banking titan a spokesman for the common man. But give JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon credit for putting his pinkie finger on the phenomenon—the divide—that best explains today’s unsettled political environment.

In an interview Wednesday with CNBC, Mr. Dimon took issue with a disconnected liberal elite that scorns “MAGA” voters. “The Democrats have done a pretty good job with the ‘deplorables’ hugging on to their bibles, and their beer and their guns. I mean, really? Could we just stop that stuff, and actually grow up, and treat other people with respect and listen to them a little bit?”

The powerful, the intellectual and the lazy have long said that the “divide” in this country is between rich and poor. They divvy up Americans along traditional lines related to wealth—college, no college, white-collar, blue-collar, income—then layer on other demographics. This framing has given us the “diploma divide” and the “new suburban voter” and “Hillbilly Elegy.” It’s sent the political class scrambling to understand Donald Trump’s “forgotten man”—again, defined economically.

That framing fails to account for the country’s unsettled electorate. There’s a better description of the shifts both between and within the parties, a split that better explains changing voter demographics and growing populist sentiments. It’s the chasm between a disconnected elite and average Americans. This is becoming a them-vs.-us electorate and election. Political candidates, take heed.

This gulf is described by unique new polling from Scott Rasmussen’s RMG Research, conducted for the Committee to Unleash Prosperity. Mr. Rasmussen says that for more than a year he’d been intrigued by consistent outlier data from a subset of Americans, which he later defined as those with a postgraduate degree, earning more than $150,000 a year, and living in a high-density area. Mr. Rasmussen in the fall conducted two surveys of these “elites” and compared their views to everyone else.

Talk about out of touch. Among the elite, 74% say their finances are getting better, compared with 20% of the rest of voters. (The share is 88% among elites who are Ivy League graduates.) The elite give President Biden an 84% approval rating, compared with 40% from non-elites. And their complete faith in fellow elites extends beyond Mr. Biden. Large majorities of them have a favorable view of university professors (89%), journalists (79%), lawyers and union leaders (78%) and even members of Congress (67%). Two-thirds say they’d prefer a candidate who said teachers and educational professionals, not parents, should decide what children are taught.

More striking is the elite view on bedrock American principles, central to the biggest political fights of today. Nearly 50% of elites believe the U.S. provides “too much individual freedom”—compared with nearly 60% of voters who believe there is too much “government control.” Seventy-seven percent of elites support “strict rationing of gas, meat, and electricity” to fight climate change, vs. 28% of everyone else. More than two-thirds of elite Ivy graduates favor banning things like gasoline-powered cars and stoves and inessential air travel in the name of the environment. More than 70% of average voters say they’d be unwilling to pay more than $100 a year in taxes or costs for climate—compared with 70% of elites who said they’d pay from $250 up to “whatever it takes.”

This framing explains today’s politics better. While this elite is small, its members are prominent in every major institution of American power, from media to universities to government to Wall Street, and have become more intent on imposing their agenda from above. Many American voters feel helplessly under assault from policies that ignore their situation or values.

What unites “rich” and “poor” parents in the revolt against educational failings? A common rejection of disconnected teachers unions and ivory-tower academics. Why are growing numbers of minorities—across all incomes and education levels—rejecting Democrats? They no longer recognize a progressive movement that reflexively espouses that elite view. Why are voters on both sides—including “free market” conservatives—gravitating to politicians who bash “big business” and trade and are increasingly isolationist? They feel the system is rigged by elites that care more about the globe than them. And why the continued appeal of Mr. Trump? The man is a walking promise to stick it to the “establishment” (never mind that most of his party’s establishment has endorsed him).

This lack of trust and cultural divide are no healthier than the simpler rich-poor split, but they’re there. The challenge for Mr. Trump’s GOP opponents as they move past Iowa is to recognize the sense of alienation. That doesn’t mean calling to burn everything down (Vivek Ramaswamy tried that and freaked people out), but it does require a campaign that offers more than vague promises to “strengthen the cause of freedom” or run on “your issues.” The polling suggests that most Americans are looking for a leader who promises to return power to the people. They are looking for a freedom agenda. Anyone?

Write to kim@wsj.com.

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/JohnLeFevr.../1751096800935551020

For those who don't do twitter:

I thought everyone knew the E. Jean Carroll vs Trump case was bogus, until I heard my mother's (late 60s Republican) uninformed take on the verdict after watching ABC Nightly News.

It's hard to find on Google, so here's what you need to know about E. Jean Carroll, most of which was deemed "inadmissible" by the judge:

- She couldn't recall the date, month, season, or year the incident happened
- She never told anyone about it, despite being publicly obsessed with her own sexuality
- The dress she claims to have been wearing didn't exist at the time
- Her description of the dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman was inaccurate, making her sequence of events impossible
- Her lawsuit was bankrolled by Jeffrey Epstein pal and Democrat (and Nikki Haley) mega-donor Reid Hoffman
- Democrats created a law (The Adult Survivors Act in 2022) to enable her lawsuit to proceed
- Her accusation is the exact plotline of an episode of Law & Order (one of her "favorite shows")
- Trump's Apprentice was also one of her favorite shows
- She has a history of falsely accusing men of r*pe, including Les Moonves
- She told Anderson Cooper, "most people think of r*pe as being sexy. Think of the fantasies."
- She made a career promoting promiscuity, even writing glowingly of sexual assault and naming her cat Vagina

https://twitter.com/TexasLinds.../1751097016631910774

At the last of this video she said rape is sexy Cooper hurriedly says we have to take a break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvNGX00LJk

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12738 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Annnnnnd appeal filed in 3. 2. 1.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That fruity bitch won't see a dime.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30431 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Calling on Sigforum attorneys. I have a Leftist lawyer telling me that everything is a-okay with the fascist court's awarding of $83 million to Carroll, based on his points below. I am sure it is BS, but I do not possess the legal knowledge to respond. Any help is appreciated.

The Leftist lawyer's assertion:

-----------------------------------
He was not denied the opportunity to present relevant evidence. Liability was established in the first trial, where Trump was afforded ample opportunity to present relevant evidence on the issue of liability. Under the doctrine of collateral estoppel, he was prohibited from presenting evidence on an issue that had already been decided by a jury.

That has been the law in this country for decades, it’s remarkable that trump’s lawyers failed to comprehend a legal principle that any first year law student understands.
------------------------------

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Calling on Sigforum attorneys. I have a Leftist lawyer telling me that everything is a-okay with the fascist court's awarding of $83 million to Carroll, based on his points below. I am sure it is BS, but I do not possess the legal knowledge to respond. Any help is appreciated.

The Leftist lawyer's assertion:

-----------------------------------
He was not denied the opportunity to present relevant evidence. Liability was established in the first trial, where Trump was afforded ample opportunity to present relevant evidence on the issue of liability. Under the doctrine of collateral estoppel, he was prohibited from presenting evidence on an issue that had already been decided by a jury.

That has been the law in this country for decades, it’s remarkable that trump’s lawyers failed to comprehend a legal principle that any first year law student understands.
------------------------------

Why would you choose to engage with an idiot? Do you think you'll change their mind?

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

Why would you choose to engage with an idiot? Do you think you'll change their mind?

I simply want a substantive response.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Can somebody explain to me how Trump's lawyers can be so incompetent as to not do their homework and find out about the past relationship between Lewis Kaplan (leftist judge) and Roberta Kaplan (plaintiff's lawyer)? They only found it out after the verdict. You're supposed to dig and know everything about your enemies before the battle, not after. And, it's not like it's some secret buried 10 feet deep. Roll Eyes

Trump lawyers to use ‘conflict of interest’ between judge, Carroll’s attorney in appeal of $83.3M jury verdict: ‘Insane’

By Charles Gasparino
Published Jan. 27, 2024 | Updated Jan. 27, 2024, 7:18 p.m. ET

quote:
Trump lawyer Alina Habba said she was unaware Manhattan federal Judge Lewis Kaplan and Carroll’s lawyer Roberta Kaplan worked together in the early 1990s at the same powerhouse white-shoe law firm until Saturday, when asked about it by Post columnist Charles Gasparino, who was told by a source that the judge was once Roberta Kaplan’s “mentor.

Q

Posts: 26475 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
This really makes our legal system look good.

Posts: 1975 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Can somebody explain to me how Trump's lawyers can be so incompetent as to not do their homework and find out about the past relationship between Lewis Kaplan (leftist judge) and Roberta Kaplan (plaintiff's lawyer)? They only found it out after the verdict. You're supposed to dig and know everything about your enemies before the battle, not after. And, it's not like it's some secret buried 10 feet deep. Roll Eyes

Trump lawyers to use ‘conflict of interest’ between judge, Carroll’s attorney in appeal of $83.3M jury verdict: ‘Insane’

By Charles Gasparino
Published Jan. 27, 2024 | Updated Jan. 27, 2024, 7:18 p.m. ET

quote:
Trump lawyer Alina Habba said she was unaware Manhattan federal Judge Lewis Kaplan and Carroll’s lawyer Roberta Kaplan worked together in the early 1990s at the same powerhouse white-shoe law firm until Saturday, when asked about it by Post columnist Charles Gasparino, who was told by a source that the judge was once Roberta Kaplan’s “mentor.

Maybe knowing that all of this just bolsters Trumps appeal to the electorate, they 'planned' it this way. Make it look even more egregious and corrupt so as to reinforce how all of this is nothing but unjust law-fare employed by the Left to destroy Trump and bank on it being overturned on appeal. Maybe... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8951 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post