SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
These two guys from other countries have a greater understanding about what is happening than most Americans.

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
If the GOP had any balls at all, every other potential candidate for 2024 should stand down immediately and pave an absolute clear path for President Trump.

The GOP is a corporation. Some would call it a club. Corporations have no balls at all.
The corporation is chaired by a woman. She has no balls at all either.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
If the GOP had any balls at all, every other potential candidate for 2024 should stand down immediately and pave an absolute clear path for President Trump.

The GOP is a corporation. Some would call it a club. Corporations have no balls at all.
The corporation is chaired by a woman. She has no balls at all either.

About the only thing I've come to expect from the GOP is that when the Dems have a majority in Congress, the GOP will bitch & moan about how they're destroying the country.

Then when the GOP gets the majority, and have a chance to do something about it, all they do is bicker among themselves & get nothing done.

Rinse & repeat.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Looks like former Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson is running in 2024. Just announced.

Posts: 17985 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Asa Hutchinson announces presidential bid, says Trump should withdraw from race ... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ That shithead is one of the biggest jokes going. Absolute loser.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30927 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Take a listen to this:

Posts: 23216 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Kash Patel would make a awesome VP. What do ya think?

Posts: 17985 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/columnist...gn=nl&recip=26773771

Has It Already Backfired?

Thursday evening the “news” was released smack in the middle of the afternoon drive news cycle.

For maximum effect the disgraced Manhattan’s DA office confirmed the former President Donald J. Trump would be facing an arraignment on charges stemming from a new “hot off the presses” indictment.

Already likely the worst kept secret in Manhattan for the better part of the last two months, this move gave the media, rivals and opponents to the former President, and most significantly the current administration,a moment to clink their glasses and raise a toast to the fact that they had finally “gotten him.”

Now what?

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My biggest fear is that things will go sideways Tuesday.
The Dems have gotten away with everything since Obama. No prosecutions for anything they have done.
My fear is that Tuesday they will have physical possession of Trump. They will unveil some new BS charges against him, declare him a flight risk, and take him into custody. They will have what they always wanted, Trump in jail and just like those arrested for Jan. 6 charges he will be silenced for as long as they want.

Posts: 4692 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
My biggest fear is that things will go sideways Tuesday.
The Dems have gotten away with everything since Obama. No prosecutions for anything they have done.
My fear is that Tuesday they will have physical possession of Trump. They will unveil some new BS charges against him, declare him a flight risk, and take him into custody. They will have what they always wanted, Trump in jail and just like those arrested for Jan. 6 charges he will be silenced for as long as they want.

With New York's new bail reform horseshit, how do you imagine they'll do that? Trump is not going to jail. Period.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30927 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
My biggest fear...

My fear...

Posts: 109093 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
With the bail reform letting people out for violent crimes, it's beyond conceivable that a judge would determine to make this a no bail hold.

Surrender passport perhaps but not a no bail hold.

Nothing will happen to Trump while he is being processed.

My only area for the arraignment would be a gag order. Trump wouldn't want to be told that he has the temperament of a 5 year old. It would a good thing for him to just keep his piehole shut and abide by it, if it comes down from the bench.

Everyone sees this as political matter reduced to a criminal case brought by a DA that' hellbent on getting Trump. They will lift their glasses tomorrow however it's far from over.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...lawyer-todd-blanche/

President Donald Trump has hired top white-collar criminal defense lawyer and former federal prosecutor, Todd Blanche, as his lead counsel to defend him against the district attorney of New York Alvin Bragg’s criminal indictment, according to a report.

Politico‘s Erica Orden reported that Blanche is resigning as a partner at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft after being asked by Trump to represent him, according to an email. The law firm is New York City’s oldest and one of its most elite.

“I have been asked to represent Trump in the recently charged DA case, and after much thought/consideration, I have decided it is the best thing for me to do and an opportunity I should not pass up,” the email reportedly said.

Obviously , doing this as a partner at Cadwalader was not an option, so I have had to make the difficult choice to leave the firm,” he reportedly wrote.

Trump is also represented by attorneys Susan Necheles and Joe Tacopina, the latter of whom has defended Trump on the airwaves in recent days.

Blanche is a former assistant U.S. attorney in the Manhattan U.S. attorney’s office and has previously represented Trump associate Paul Manafort.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wtf? 34 felony counts?

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusi...-shot-001241750.html

Donald Trump will be placed under arrest on Tuesday and informed that he has been charged with 34 felony counts for falsification of business records, accordin...

But, the source said, Trump will not be put in handcuffs, placed in a jail cell or subjected to a mug shot — typical procedures even for white-collar defendants until a judge has weighed in on pretrial conditions. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office, which has been consulting with the Secret Service and New York City court officials, concluded that there was no reason to subject the former president to handcuffs or a mug shot.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Notice that they are now saying no mug shot will be necessary, so that means they are not as stupid as they first appeared.

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
4/3/23

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When the charges are revealed today, I don't want any blustering or stomping around in this thread. We're going to remain calm and see what comes of all this.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have not seen, read, or heard any news today.

But I can imagine that it is a 3-Ring Shitshow Circus in downtown Manhattan right now.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Some (somewhat) live coverage.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/mk...EzeS89ArGwimMM8AA%3D

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post