SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ail&utm_medium=email

BREAKING: Donald Trump Enters Plea on 34 Charges

After surrendering to be arrested at a courthouse in New York to face 34 charges handed up by a grand jury last Thursday, former President Donald Trump was processed and formally arraigned in the case being pursued by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

The felony charges — relating to alleged "hush money" payments made to two women during the 2016 presidential campaign — were read aloud as the 45th President of the United States sat with his legal team in the New York courtroom.

The full indictment had been under seal since the grand jury made its decision on Thursday and is expected to be made public later on Tuesday.

Trump entered a "not guilty" plea on all charges, as expected, but did not make any statement to reporters gathered in the courthouse after he was processed and before he entered the courtroom to be arraigned.

cont...

BTW, the judge overseeing this case is a Biden donor. Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So 34 misdemeanors bumped up to felony because they were in concert of concealing another crime. Yet THAT crime is not charged or even identified? Sounds like quite the stretch. Legal folks are suggesting the other crime is federal campaign stuff which DA has no authority to prosecute.

So if there isn’t a crime he has been convicted of, and they aren’t charging him one, how do they support the felony charges to conceal a crime that hasn’t been charged?

I don’t think they have much of a case, they are just trying to hobble DJT as the campaign for 2024 winds up. DA asked for Jan 2024 date, that says a lot.

I’d kinda like to see DJT’s legal team go Fast and Furious on it with “right to speedy trial”.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11224 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I just read the indictment and statement of facts, and as a lawyer, it seems pretty weak to me. They are basically charging him with a separate felony for each check he wrote to Michael Cohen. 34 charges for what is essentially the same conduct. That's not unusual, but the fact that is all they have to throw at him does not do much to bolster the image of the case as a strong one. It is a reach to go after a former president on charges such as these, which are essentially the exact same thing that Hillary did with the Perkins Coie law firm. It does little to dampen the idea that this is a purely political prosecution.

And much of the "evidence" in this case will be based on the testimony of Cohen, who pled guilty to making false statements to the feds.

It's NYC and the judge and the jury will be strongly biased against Trump, but this is really weak sauce. It's a huge disappointment to see the Democrats throw out all norms and precedents for this. Another step they will eventually regret.

Posts: 6083 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Here you go. IANAL but it seems like he’s being charged 34 times for one thing.

https://www.manhattanda.org/wp...Trump-Indictment.pdf

https://www.manhattanda.org/wp...ald-J.-Trump-SOF.pdf

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I read it a couple of times and while it's somewhat different dates, some are the same and it's all from the same general series of events just repeated over and over.

34 felony counts in 15 pages of documents is very thin, IMO.

It say the crimes occurred in the commission of another crime but it doesn't say what the crime actually is. Unless that underlying crime is adjudicated or there's a plea, there is no crime and the house of cards falls mightily.

Is Bragg alleging that he has some sort of inherent ability or authority to make out a federal case against Trump and that opens the door to these charges? He can't prosecute a federal crime and the feds have passed on it already.

This is really slim pleading by Bragg. After the libs get drunk with excitement tonight, once they sober up in the AM they'll see it's a case light on substance.

Trump will say that Cohen was his attorney and he followed Cohen's direction and counsel.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I believe President Trump’s character and conduct make him unfit for office,” Romney said in a statement. “Even so..."
"Even so" nothing, ASSHOLE.

You'll never be POTUS, Romney, and you know it, don't you, you RINO ASSHOLE? Donald Trump punk'd you good, and you're never going to get over it, and everyone knows it.

Posts: 109093 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Doesn't ol' Mitt boy have a horse hitched up to a post outside somewhere?? Because "...the horse he rode in on."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Head over to Rumble for the president's remarks

https://rumble.com/v2g5sqs-liv...ivers-remarks-a.html

Posts: 1100 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Just saw a headline, Trump is heading back to Florida, Mar-A-Lago for an event.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
The Australian media press have no clue, no interest, just simply make bold statements with no basis of facts.

Example: KIIS FM 101.1 @ 1105 AEST:
Radio news broadcaster states that (para-phrased) Trump has been arrested and charged, for "essentially cooking the books".

I've called the station to express my regret at their inappropriate and incorrect on air statements.

Their PR person apologised and said yes we made an incorrect statement; and as a result our lines lit up like a christmas tree, with people calling in, some with unsavoury comments about our reporter's comment ...

Lip service a**h0l3s.
Changed the channel to something else.
--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1660 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
President Trump, rock solid freedom loving American. 2024 Sir.

Posts: 17985 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Watching the Biden f tard laughing at reporters this morning, when asked about what they are doing to the real President, Donald Trump. Laughing. Not even a attempt to answer the questions. I too will laugh when this old criminal bastard strokes out. I will knock the top off a Rolling Rock. Satan awaits you Biden. America hates you. Don't ever walk in the forest alone.

Posts: 17985 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I watched some clips of the events yesterday, but the one that really stood out was during the press conference with Bragg.

A reporter mentioned the 34 misdemeanors that Bragg upgraded to felonies, because they supposedly were to cover up a larger crime. The reporter asked what the "larger crime" was, and Bragg said that it wasn't necessary to specify what the larger crime was.

W-T-F! They allowed this to go to court?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The average person couldn't explain what a grand jury is and what the definition of "indict" is. This is nothing more than a headline of "34 felony counts" that all the Trump haters will use to confirm their bias of hatred for the man.

To those who actually care about the law and its application, this is a serious abuse and it will not go unnoticed. According to "independents" they were ready to move on from Trump. Well there's plenty of "independents" who understand political prosecution and how wrong it is. Have you seen the polls? The donations to Trump due to this whole debacle? I'm not saying Trump will win the Presidency but this sure as hell helps him and I think the more they conjure up bullshit charges the more "the people" are going to back Trump to get rid of this corruption, if nothing else to make a statement.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I watched some clips of the events yesterday, but the one that really stood out was during the press conference with Bragg.

A reporter mentioned the 34 misdemeanors that Bragg upgraded to felonies, because they supposedly were to cover up a larger crime. The reporter asked what the "larger crime" was, and Bragg said that it wasn't necessary to specify what the larger crime was.

W-T-F! They allowed this to go to court?

I feel like not only should they have to specify what crime he was covering up, but that they should have to convict him of that crime first.

This seems like charging a guy for felony possession of a firearm without convicting him of a felony first.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I can't believe how stupid to make him appear in person. Just as stupid as the entire thing. Election interference cubed.

Tucker Carlson posted this last night: "Think what you want about former President Trump and the reasons he's being indicted. But just imagine if this happened in any other country, where a government arrested the main opposition candidate. The United States ability to use "democracy" as foreign policy is gone." Nayib Bukele - Salvadoran President

Posts: 7636 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post