SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The timing of the indictment seems to be a distraction. There are many stories about Chinas efforts with multiple countries to use the Yuan to unseat the US Dollar internationally. Which could wreck the US economy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's easy to gauge the mood of this forum and therefore the mood of like-minded people in general after a significant event such as this, based upon what's being posted.

For me, though, there's an additional element. After so many years of reading posts in this forum day in, day out, I can get a sense of the mood by what is not being posted after a significant event which affects like-minded Americans, and I can tell that we have a bunch of bummed-out people today.

I'm careful about saying to this or any group or individual that I know how you feel, because it may be that I'm wrong in my estimates.

In this case, I say confidently to all of you who want to see this country get back on track- I do know how you feel. You feel as if we've suffered a setback and a great loss. It's almost as if we've lost yet another election. You feel as if we move farther away from the good things which have made the United States the great nation it has been, and you feel as if we're so far away from those things now and have now accelerated in the wrong direction, that there is no hope of ever getting back to a good place.

It's maddening, indescribably frustrating, and your thoughts do not comfort you. Each time you touch these things in your mind, it brings you down.

To all of you, I say this: we are too close to what has just happened, to be able to have a proper perspective. Some time will have to pass before we can achieve the needed perspective and to understand what is ahead of us now.

We've witnessed events which at first looked like good things, and then turned out to be the opposite, and we've witnessed things we deem catastrophe- events from which we as individuals or we as a nation feel we can never recover, then turn out to have the opposite effect through the turn of things. Time will reveal the consequences of all things.

Only those of us who have lived the most sheltered, the most fortunate of lives do not understand what it means to be wrongly accused and to be mistreated. The rest of us have tasted these bitter things, and when they happen to others, we empathize, and today, Donald Trump has allies he had not at this time yesterday. I think that all decent and thinking people of this country who have the capacity to be honest with themselves understand that the shameful and unethical use of prosecutorial powers by a puffed-up leftist fool in a bid to interfere with a Presidential election are but a symptom of great ill which has seized this nation, and I think we may see a backlash of such proportions that the leftists who blindly hate Donald Trump are incapable of imagining.

So, take heart, my fellow Americans. There is much to come.

Posts: 109092 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^ One has to be careful as not to be taken as the insurrectionists we are so characterized as.
But make no mistake the anger and discontent of the injustice is absolutely there. Mad

Posts: 23216 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18141 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
President Trump Releases Inspiring Video In Wake of Indictment (VIDEO)

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From two years ago.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
We Must Never Forget...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Is this any different?

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...l-harassment-accuser

"New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham defended her decision to settle with a former campaign staffer who accused her of sexual harassment in 2018, speaking to reporters about it for the first time Friday.

Grisham's campaign has paid at least $62,500 to James Hallinan, a 2018 campaign spokesman, who claimed she once dropped water in his lap and then grabbed his crotch in a pre-election meeting. "

Posts: 1660 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Is this any different?

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...l-harassment-accuser

"New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham defended her decision to settle with a former campaign staffer who accused her of sexual harassment in 2018, speaking to reporters about it for the first time Friday.

Grisham's campaign has paid at least $62,500 to James Hallinan, a 2018 campaign spokesman, who claimed she once dropped water in his lap and then grabbed his crotch in a pre-election meeting. "

Not quite. As I understand the essential core basis of the charges to be that Trump's campaign paid off Stormy, funneled through Cohen and the payments from his campaign were categorized as "Legal fees" when they clearly were for another purpose.

It's very similar to how Hillary's campaign paid to have the Russian hoax and fake dossier cooked up by calling the payment, "legal fees" when they weren't. Her campaign was caught and paid a fine.

Trump's likely defense is that Cohen was his attorney and negotiated the payment and the method and Trump will claim that he can't see or pretend to understand every campaign expense. He relied on his attorney of record who represented that all of this was above board and quite legal. He followed the advice of his attorney.

I wonder what the remaining facts are for the other 30+ charges. Is it Trump telling someone 30+ times he didn't have an affair or pay her off? Same thing said to one person 30+ times?

Wasn't this pushed in one of the Durham cases for one of his defendant? I might be confusing this with someone else. Usually the same lie told to the same person is treated as one lie and not individual lies every time it's repeated to the same person.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Yes Grisham is some kind witness, in a case in GA. against Trump.

Grisham paid out of her campaign money, but claims it was legal because the accuser was an employee.

Posts: 1660 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, the statute of limitations ran out years ago. The D.A. is claiming Trump’s time as president doesn’t count towards that time.

I can’t see how any judge would allow this to continue.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
As I understand it, the statute of limitations ran out years ago. The D.A. is claiming Trump’s time as president doesn’t count towards that time.

I can’t see how any judge would allow this to continue.

This will be an interesting argument that I think Bragg loses.

The SOL has run. That's pretty clear but it's novel to suggest there can't be criminal charges against a sitting president until he leaves office and that somehow tolls the running of the SOL. I'd be interested to see his Points and Authorities that staff drew up to support this idea.

Usually a civil matter can be filed while the president is in office but courts defer action on it until after he leaves office. There's nothing that I'm aware of that states that the DA or AG can't investigate a sitting president for possible criminal conduct or file charges.

Bragg will have a hard time overcoming a SOL argument, IMO.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Alan Dershowitz believes the indictment will be quickly tossed from court. The indictment remains sealed, even Trump's lawyers haven't seen it yet.

quote:
"I think the most important thing is they indicted him when he was out of New York, and that means they could have indicted him within the statute of limitations when he was out of New York. The statute of limitations is way expired. They claimed they couldn't have indicted him because he was outside of New York, but now they've indicted him when he's not in New York.

Dershowitz says Bragg made a "foolish, foolish decision, which will cause the case to be thrown out, I think, on statute of limitations grounds."
Dershowitz predicts Trump's attorneys will file an immediate motion to dismiss the case based on statute of limitations grounds.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...atute-of-limitations

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Alan Dershowitz believes the indictment will be quickly tossed from court. The indictment remains sealed, even Trump's lawyers haven't seen it yet.

quote:
"I think the most important thing is they indicted him when he was out of New York, and that means they could have indicted him within the statute of limitations when he was out of New York. The statute of limitations is way expired. They claimed they couldn't have indicted him because he was outside of New York, but now they've indicted him when he's not in New York.

Dershowitz says Bragg made a "foolish, foolish decision, which will cause the case to be thrown out, I think, on statute of limitations grounds."
Dershowitz predicts Trump's attorneys will file an immediate motion to dismiss the case based on statute of limitations grounds.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...atute-of-limitations

In a sane world, yes, it'd all be thrown out the first day. But I expect Trump is going to have to fight every single one of the 34 counts separately.

They're going to tie him up in court for months, and when this witch hunt is over, there'll have a couple more waiting for him. They're not going to stop.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw a TV ad from the Make America Great Again PAC. First I have heard of them. It was an attack AD against Ron DeSantis saying he is not ready to be President.

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I expect Trump is going to have to fight every single one of the 34 counts separately.

I like to think, that there are always possibilities.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Just saw a TV ad from the Make America Great Again PAC. First I have heard of them. It was an attack AD against Ron DeSantis saying he is not ready to be President.

Ok great. Thanks.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30927 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"No one is above the law"

"The rule of law"

It's as if all these leftists have gotten their talking points from Commie Central. I'm already sick of hearing the squawking of these parrots.

They make a mockery of our system of justice and they are criminals and hypocrites of the highest order. If I thought it could happen, I would pray to God to sweep a hand over the face of the planet and catapult all of this America-hating slime into the void of outer space.

Posts: 109092 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And not a one of them can tell you what law he broke.

Posts: 20584 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post