SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Seems that Pence isn't with us either. I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone.

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...election-lawyers-say

quote:

Pence refused to sign on to plan to overturn election, lawyers say

Lawyers representing Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) and Arizona’s 11 GOP electors disclosed in a court filing Tuesday that Vice President Pence rejected their request to join their attempt to subvert the results of the presidential election.

Gohmert and the electors filed suit against Pence on Monday in an attempt to argue that the vice president has sole authority to determine which presidential electors Congress will count when it certifies the results of the election. The far-fetched suit essentially asks the court to grant Pence the authority on Jan. 6 to overrule the results in swing states such as Arizona and have Congress count only pro-Trump electors instead of the ones President-elect Joe Biden won.

In new court filings made public Tuesday, the plaintiffs disclosed that they had reached out to Pence before filing their suit in an attempt to join forces but that their talks did not reach any kind of agreement.

“In the teleconference, Plaintiffs' counsel made a meaningful attempt to resolve the underlying legal issues by agreement, including advising the Vice President's counsel that Plaintiffs intended to seek immediate injunctive relief in the event the parties did not agree,” lawyers for Gohmert and the electors said in the filing. “Those discussions were not successful in reaching an agreement and this lawsuit was filed.”

The revelation was made in a filing in which Gohmert’s attorneys sought an expedited schedule for a ruling to try to press U.S. District Judge Jeremy Kernodle of the Eastern District of Texas to decide the case by Jan. 4, two days before the certification.

Ex-Pence aide turned Trump critic 'very concerned' about Jan. 6...
Trump targets congressional Republicans on multiple fronts

The decision by Pence, one of President Trump’s most ardent loyalists, marks one of the most notable breaks with his boss, who has pushed lawmakers to challenge Congress’s certification of the Electoral College results. Pence will oversee the joint session on Jan. 6 during which Biden will be recognized by Congress as the victor in the White House election, though the role is largely ceremonial.

Pence has not made any public remarks indicating how he plans to handle the Jan. 6 joint session of Congress, nor has he commented on Trump’s unrelenting pressure campaign urging lawmakers to reverse the Electoral College results.

Trump’s efforts to influence the Electoral College certification comes after a sprawling legal campaign to overturn results in individual states on allegations of voter fraud and irregularities largely failed. Virtually all of the GOP cases were tossed in court for lack of evidence or standing.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Imagine that.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
The only turd polishing I can do is to say The Hill is pretty biased to the left. Hopefully this is only more claptrap to demoralize people?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is the same Gohmert who broke the bullshit news about the raid and seizure of some Scytl server in Germany? How did that work out? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
well this is interesting...

The Senate Finance Committee just released a report saying that Obama knowingly financed Al Qaeda, through an organization known as the Islamic Relief Agency (ISRA), through World Vision (read: CIA), backed by a massive grant from USAID, and later with approval from the Obama State Department.

https://www.finance.senate.gov...%20Investigation.pdf

Why be surprised at this. Everything that slime ball did was aimed at supporting radical Islamic extremists and other types.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Virtually all of the GOP cases were tossed in court for lack of evidence or standing.

That right there makes me question everything in the article.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
quote:
Virtually all of the GOP cases were tossed in court for lack of evidence or standing.

That right there makes me question everything in the article.

Yeah, if you pay attention to the selection of words and phrases, it's really an opinion piece masquerading as a news article. As mentioned above, it's The Hill, what do you expect?

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, if you pay attention to the selection of words and phrases, it's really an opinion piece masquerading as a news article. As mentioned above, it's The Hill, what do you expect?

^^^^
Another telling example from that article:
quote:
Pence rejected their request to join their attempt to subvert the results

"subvert" indeed.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:

The Senate Finance Committee just released a report saying that Obama knowingly financed Al Qaeda, through an organization known as the Islamic Relief Agency (ISRA), through World Vision (read: CIA), backed by a massive grant from USAID, and later with approval from the Obama State Department.

Why be surprised at this. Everything that slime ball did was aimed at supporting radical Islamic extremists and other types.

Remember Operation Fast and Furious that armed the Cartels with automatic weapons that ended up killing Border Patrol Agents? I remember.

Posts: 803 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had already lost our government by then. Zero effort or responsibility to arrest & prosecute the trash.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
And for the third day in a row, all eyes turn to Vice President Pence. Edward Davis over at American Thinker argues that the GOPers in Congress should not contest the electors and leave the heavy lifting to the veep:

...opinion has long been divided on what the vice president is empowered to do in his vote-counting role. Ivan Raiklin is hardly alone in his argument. It should not surprise us. Constitutional law frequently is not black and white, as seen in the numerous 5-4 Supreme Court decisions by Justices applying the same law to the same facts.

In other words, Pence should go for it. He need only interpret "votes" as votes from states not in dispute, and count them accordingly. He could declare, "I will not count the Biden electors, or the competing slates of Trump electors, in disputed states where there is overwhelming credible evidence of systemic fraud." Thus would he restore the election win to President Trump, from whom it was audaciously stolen.

What would Pence have to lose? A commenter at Legal Insurrection observed:

Pence should refuse to count votes from the contested states, and dare someone to sue him in court. Then the SCOTUS can simply docket that for January 21, 2021. If the SCOTUS can't stop states from stealing elections, they damn well don't have the power to stop Pence from counting the votes any way he wants to.

One caveat: This has been a season in which everyone seems to be letting us down. Why expect Pence to be any different? The Washington Post reported, "Pence is hoping for a low-key Jan. 6 and is not planning any unnecessary drama, aides said, intending to stick to his perfunctory role. He is eyeing a trip overseas soon after."

But the Post report might be inaccurate, or this could be Trump disinformation intended to cause the opposition to let down their guard.

As for the mention of no "unnecessary drama" in Pence's plans, that doesn't rule out necessary drama. The Democratic election theft was bold and shocking. It calls for a bold, shocking correction.

https://www.americanthinker.co...actical_mistake.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:

Remember Operation Fast and Furious that armed the Cartels with automatic weapons that ended up killing Border Patrol Agents? I remember.

So do I!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

As for the mention of no "unnecessary drama" in Pence's plans, that doesn't rule out necessary drama. The Democratic election theft was bold and shocking. It calls for a bold, shocking correction.

I like that, and I agree. Vice President Pence should NOT partake in any "unnecessary drama." He SHOULD, however, take part in NECESARY drama.

Like the dirtbag dems insisting there was no 'widespread' fraud. While technically correct (there was blatant fraud in only 5 states out of 50 (that we know of), and only 5 districts out of thousands, so one could argue this wasn't 'widespread'), it is dishonest. A better argument would be that "there was no fraud that changed electoral vote wins for either candidate;" but of course, that would be just a blatant lie (not that that's ever stopped the dems before).

So, yeah, let's go ahead with the "no unnecessary drama" line for awhile and let the crap hit the fan next week.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya know, I need to thank Obozo for exposing how corrupt this country has become and how far she has drifted from my childhood days(73 now).

After this money handout, and taking care of the world with more pork before our own infrastructure, all we are is a global bank for others. Did any country on earth send us money for any studies or hardships??

Not a fucking one. I hate politicians.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
GA found no evidence of fraud during the signature audit done by the SOS office. Now there is a freaking surprise.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the counters the same as before? Expecting different results? It’s insanity!

Ps...I’d not be surprised if Sleepy got more votes! Just to jab President Trump in the eye!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Same crooked players without independent observers allowed. Just a fucking charade.

Q

Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
GA found no evidence of fraud during the signature audit done by the SOroS office. Now there is a freaking surprise.
FIFY

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I want me some shock and awe by VP Pence. I hope he wears a F'n kevlar and digi camos when he tells the contested States, "yer pretty well fooked". I hope to see the faces of the demorats and rinos. Cant get here too soon. Gotta change his name to J DAM Pence.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I'll just leave this here.

Pennsylvania Certified Results for President Are Found in Error – The Error Is Twice the Size of the Difference Between Candidates

HARRISBURG – 6,962,607 total ballots were reported as being cast ...
6,760,230 total voters actually voted
Totally WTF ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post