SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 986
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Gallup had a recent poll showing DJT garnering 52% of the popular. Nothing on the EC however.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/columnist...a9c03&recip=26773771

Townhall Columnists Wayne Allyn Root

Las Vegas Oddsmaker Announces Final Prediction: Trump Electoral Landslide Coming

It's all there. All the cards fell into place. Liberals and the biased and bribed mainstream media are just too blind to see it.

It's Donald Trump's win over Hillary Clinton all over again. It's George H.W. Bush overcoming a 17-point deficit to beat Michael Dukakis all over again. It's the final days of Ronald Reagan versus Jimmy Carter, when all of America broke for Reagan at the same time.

cont....

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38949 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The city I work in is definitely a commie area. Today as I was leaving work there was a huge Trump caravan going through on the main road. Big Grin

Posts: 13784 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...round-state-n2579187

President Donald Trump on Saturday received the endorsement of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette , by and large, because of his administration's economic success. It's the first time the newspaper has supported a Republican since Richard Nixon ran for re-election in 1972.

Although the editorial board said they would prefer someone who has a "first-class temperament and demeanor," like those of Churchill, Eisenhower, FDR, Reagan or Obama, that's not the primary concern amongst voters in this election cycle. Voters are predominantly concerned with jobs, the economy, and trade.

From the editorial:

Under Donald Trump the economy, pre-COVID, boomed, like no time since the 1950s. Look at your 401(k) over the past three years.

Unemployment for Black Americans is lower than it has ever been, under any president of either party.

Under Mr. Trump, our trade relationships have vastly improved and our trade deals have been rewritten.

He has put America first, just as he said he would.

He also kept his promise to appoint originalists to the Supreme Court of the United States. His third appointment, Amy Coney Barrett, is the best of all — a jurist whose mind and character and scholarship ARE first class. We hope she stands against both judicial and executive excess.

Finally, let’s talk about one of the most important concerns in this region — energy. Under Mr. Trump the United States achieved energy independence for the first time in the lifetimes of most of us.

But the Biden-Harris ticket offers us higher taxes and a nanny state that will bow to the bullies and the woke who would tear down history rather than learning from history and building up the country.

It offers softness on China, which Mr. Trump understands is our enemy.

Mr. Biden is too old for the job, and fragile. There is a very real chance he will not make it through the term. Mr. Trump is also too old but seemingly robust. But in Mike Pence, Mr. Trump has a vice president ready to take over, if need be. He is a safe pair of hands. Sen. Kamala Harris gives no evidence of being ready to be president.

Posts: 19712 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Jeff Carlson:

https://twitter.com/themarkets.../1322903025011232768

I live in an area best described as Bluest of the Blue.

Yesterday, we left to visit family.
Upon leaving, we immediately ran into a Trump parade.

Upon arriving, we came upon another, larger Trump Parade.

Neither were in the news.
I have never seen anything like this. Ever.

What's equally notable, is how this has taken liberals by surprise.
Shock might be a better word.

It directly challenges their worldview.

Living in a bubble of circulated thought, they never imagined something like this was possible.

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I tried to donate $50 to Joni Ernst yesterday and they would not accept my visa p'mnt, with complete name & address, because I would not give them my mobile phone #. Sorry but there's no way that's going to happen.

Certainly you've got one liberal friend or relative with a phone number you could use.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
The city I work in is definitely a commie area. Today as I was leaving work there was a huge Trump caravan going through on the main road. Big Grin

I live in the biggest area wise county in Virginia, Votes red. The largest city in the county, Danville ( entitlement camp) votes blue.

Visual Trump support in Danville by Sunset's estimation is 6-1. The Gimme's always going to vote D.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I tried to donate $50 to Joni Ernst yesterday and they would not accept my visa p'mnt, with complete name & address, because I would not give them my mobile phone #. Sorry but there's no way that's going to happen.
When asked for my cell phone #, I just give them my landline #. (Although it might be more interesting to give them one of the "Potential Spam" numbers that call me . . . .)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I believe generations from now, we’ll look back and remember the grassroots momentum for one of the greatest Presidents in American history. Others must know it as well and I’m going to relish the next few days as much I can - even taking off 1 or 2 days this week to watch/participate in this great American Republic.

Thanks to Donald J Trump for preserving its legacy and for protecting its future.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity I went to Jimmy Dore’s YouTube page. There is ZERO support for Biden and Harris. In his eyes, they are just like republicans. They ragged hard on Pelosi and Schumer for not doing anything to stop ACB from being confirmed onto the Supreme Court.

Nobody talks about or acknowledges the walk away movement either. Talk about media suppression.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5457 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Wolf Blitzer:

I never thought I would see so many buildings here in the nation’s capital boarded-up on the eve of a presidential election in anticipation of possible unrest. And it’s not just in DC. It’s happening in New York, Los Angeles and elsewhere around the country. So sad!

Assorted comments back to Blitzer:

Weird ... such odd behavior for the mostly peaceful protests we have seen!

& the shop owners are afraid of CNN viewers.

I know we all know that this is not happening because of Trump supporters but kind of weird how elites have normalized leftist political violence in America in such a short period of time.

Watching a CNN anchor lament the ongoing riots is like watching Godzilla go, “Oh my gosh, oh no, Tokyo is all ruined now.”

For months your network called smoldering ruins in formerly great US cities the result of “mostly peaceful” protests. It was a lie

CNN downplayed riots as peaceful protests and perpetuated abject lies for four years against @realDonaldTrump, portraying him as an illegitimate president... as a fascist and wannabe king.

Look in a mirror, @wolfblitzer. You're a big reason for the boarded up buildings.

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
**Edited to correct** Orr took out the ad in the New Hampshire Leader.

Boston hockey legend Bobby Orr bought a full-page ad in today’s New Hampshire Leader endorsing President Trump.

While not reclusive, Orr—-who still lives in the Boston area with his family—-is a private person and has not spoken much, if at all, on either local or national politics.

The fact that he has broken his customary silence to make this endorsement speaks volumes.

He has, of course, gotten some pushback. This particular person is, to no one's surprise, a San Francisco lawyer:

New Hampshire Leader
By Conor Roche, Weekend Sports Producer
November 1, 2020 | 1:59 PM
When Bruins legend Bobby Orr endorsed Donald Trump for president, some people were disappointed.

One of the people that disagreed with Orr’s endorsement is Paul Scott, a lawyer from San Francisco. Scott took out an ad in Sunday’s edition of the New Hampshire Union Leader, the same paper that Orr placed in ad in on Friday to share his support for the president, to respond to Orr.

“I am a middle-aged white guy who plays beer league hockey, and I have a picture of you on my wall,” Scott wrote, with a picture of Orr’s famous goal from the 1970 Stanley Cup Final. “I read your endorsement of the President in the New Hampshire Union Leader, and I suspect that I am among those people you were trying to persuade with your endorsement. For that reason, and as my daughter plays hockey in New Hampshire, I felt compelled to respond.”

Scott didn’t question Orr’s patriotism, but he did question why Orr believed Trump would be the “kind of teammate” he would want.

“I coached my kids’ hockey teams for many years, and character was always the most important value we tried to teach the kids,” Scott wrote. “Blatant lying or cheating, blaming others for your own mistakes, or abusing others based on their race or sex or otherwise was simply unacceptable behavior. These were not just matters of personality. They were matters of character.”

Scott also took issue with Orr saying that you may not like what Trump tweets or says, his policies should get him re-elected.

“The President’s policy on many issues – such as unprecedented deficit spending, stoking racial division, concealing the threat posed by COVID-19, and trying to pretend climate change is not real – all ultimately boil down to selfish shortsighted behavior that will seriously be detrimental to not just us but also to our children and future generations of Americans,” Scott wrote.

Scott concluded his ad by saying while he won’t take down his autographed picture of Orr, he is not swayed by his endorsement and will vote for Joe Biden.

“I would far rather have him as a teammate,” Scott wrote of Biden.

-----------
Funny, the paragraph that included “Blatant lying or cheating, blaming others for your own mistakes, or abusing others based on their race or sex or otherwise was simply unacceptable behavior. These were not just matters of personality. They were matters of character.” were things Obama was guilty of as he blamed others (usually GWB) for things that went badly, villified police officers who didn't do anything wrong, and did a lot to create the racial divide that plagued his presidency.

Short memory, eh?

Posts: 4533 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hockey legend Bobby Orr bought a full-page ad in today’s Boston Globe endorsing President Trump.

I saw this the other day. As I grew up in Boston I know who he is. I know we don't put too much stock in "endorsements" here but this one hit me. As a child of the 80's we used to head to my grandmother's house in Pembroke, she lived on Oldham pond, shovel off the snow and play hockey all winter long. Bobby Orr came to one of my Scout Troop meetings and we all got autographed pictures. I still have mine.

So to see "number 4" put out an add in a Boston paper supporting Trump...well it lit my heart right up.

I don't live in town anymore but I will bet his endorsement hit some people back there like it hit me. Love that guy.

(I lucked out with my girl. She is from Kentucky but is a HUGE Bruins fan. I had no idea. Don't know how, don't now why, but I lucked out Smile )

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Anyone needs a number to any DJT campaign donation sites, use this one...

512-380-9669

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44134 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Hockey legend Bobby Orr bought a full-page ad in today’s Boston Globe endorsing President Trump...

Sadly, I doubt it will make a big difference. All 11 Electoral College votes will still go to Sleepy Joe.

I was born near Worcestor (pronounced "Woo-Stah") but left the sate 58 years ago at age 12.

Posts: 15951 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

512-380-9669
Ha!
Kentucky Democratic Party Webstore

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6269 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Early voting ended in NC. I did not vote early.

Keeping my powder dry for Tuesday, like many of my neighbors.

We got this Smile

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

512-380-9669

In Austin, of all places?

Posts: 4533 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
??

[/url]

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Florida is looking good. A "Super Voter" is a voter who has reliably voted in the last 4 elections for their party.

I hate polls but I love numbers...

I came across this guy through Barnes. Not sure who he is but his numbers are solid.