SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 ... 979
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Well, Andrew McCabe should be prosecuted, but won't be. It's all projection.
No one has been a bigger “a clear and present danger to our democracy.” than McCabe and the FBI. These people actually put their political opponents in jail for protesting a stolen election.

From the same article:

Former FBI chief Andrew McCabe has claimed that some FBI agents and other law enforcement employees are planning to leave the country if Donald Trump wins in November.

In an interview with CNN’s Kaitlin Collins, McCabe argued that many individuals fear being “thrown in jail or grabbed in some sort of extra judicial detention” if Trump returns to the Oval Office.

He explained:

When you think about these things and you try to predict how Donald Trump is going to react are the steps he’s going to take you really don’t have to go any further than listening to the things he says and does his, comments recently are offensive and horrendous, but they’re not a surprising in any way. He’s been saying this for quite some time. I will be your retribution is referring to is supporters. So, you know him, you know, what motivates him. He is not a person who’s driven by principle or ideology. He is someone who’s entirely transactional.

If he feels like he’s been wronged in some way, then he focuses on revenge and then in vengeance. He’s made it perfectly clear that that’s what he’s gonna do. In the process of seeking that he run the risk of dismantling or greatly incapacitating the Department of Justice and the FBI. That is something that Americans on both sides of the political aisle should be worried about. We depend on those institutions to protect us.

It’s terrifying, it’s frightening. I have a lot of conversations with former colleagues, people who are or were in the intelligence and law enforcement community, and may have worked in the Obama administration, other places and people are really trying to assess what is life going to be like if Donald Trump wins a second term.

On a very personal level, I mean, these are tortures discussions with their family members about whether or not they have to leave the country to avoid being unconstitutionally and illegally detain. People were actually worried about being thrown in jail or grabbed in some sort of extra judicial detention. I think it’s crazy as this sounds in the United States, America, I think people should really consider that these are possibilities listen to what the man says.

McCabe’s fear may be predicated on acts that he himself has commited, including secretly spying on Trump and his administration in the hope that he could somehow bring it down. He has since admitted that this was a mistake.

Back in 2022, McCabe complained that Joe Biden had not gone far enough in threatening Trump supporters, who he described as “a clear and present danger to our democracy.”

McCabe said he would have preferred more references to “accountability,” a coded way of saying they should be sent to prison. “People would like to have seen a bit more references to accountability,” he said at at the time. “There really wasn’t much talk about what we’re doing about those insurrectionists.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24310 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Geez, of late, I know of nothing the DOJ and FBI have done to "protect us". Should any if these fine, upstanding people feel the need to vacate the USA, they can resume operations in the Mexican drug cartel.

Posts: 17948 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nothing but fear mongering and projecting against DJT, he's just part of the anti Trump group in DC and doing whatever he thinks he can to interfere with the next election.

Posts: 23784 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I say let them leave

and when they do, revoke their citizenship, and their retirement accounts

the country will be better off

Posts: 53450 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
These assholes are not going to leave, they are lying scumbags trying to get some attention.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16859 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Video...

https://townhall.com/videos/20...gn=nl&recip=26773771

Dr. Phil Challenges Biden: Drop All Legal Attacks on Trump Now

Dr. Phil came out swinging against the weaponization of the government against Donald Trump — but there are some interesting points you might disagree with.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38909 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I thought we wanted to get rid of the sycophant's and traitorous douchebags from the Feebs. If some of them clean themselves outta there, we're off to a good start.

Outta the country, even better. Revoke their citizenship.

Good riddance to bad baggage.

Posts: 7298 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No one is leaving. They know they're not leaving. We know they're not leaving.

Posts: 108248 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just a bunch of fucking drama queens, that's all. Where have we heard that shit before? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26862 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, just a bunch of fucking drama queens, that's all. Where have we heard that shit before? Roll Eyes

Yup...Hollyweird.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16354 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
You couldn't run those folks out of the country with fire hoses and police dogs.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
...It's all projection...

Very true. If you want to know what the Left up to, just listen to what they accuse conservatives and mainstream America of doing or thinking.

Posts: 8678 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Whoopi’s Goldberg, Cher, Megan Rapino and a host of others. None of them have the balls to do anything other than threaten.

Posts: 53450 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
They're also dumb enough or entitled enough to think they'll just pick anywhere and they'll be citizens just for the asking.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23784 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Where did Trump “confirm” such things?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25541 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Where did Trump “confirm” such things?
In the imagination of whoever wrote that tweet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30988 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108248 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't something like that call for an immediate mistrial and the conviction thrown out?

Of course, I suppose that is usually the call of the judge. And well, yeah...Merchan.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30630 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/WallStreetApes/s.../1799185966961463381

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30630 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post