SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 961
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Now the Commission on Presidential Debates is talking about "tweaking" debate standards and formats to ensure more "orderly discussion"

Yeah, I saw that. They're considering giving the moderator the ability to mute microphones. We all know how that's going to go. Unbelievable.

This business of "we don't like what you have to say, so we're going to silence you" has gone too far already, and they just keep pushing it.

Posts: 17353 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted Koppel was an expert in terms of dealing with conflicts. I recall the early days of Nightline when he had the contentious Iranian diplomats. Nightline became too cerebral and ABC ended the show. Being a moderator and a good interviewer are skills learned over many years. Ted also kept a lid on his own politics.

Posts: 17366 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Breitbart identifies 6 Biden hoaxes that the Trump campaign should now hammer.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...in-the-first-debate/

1. The Charlottesville “very fine people” hoax. Moderator Chris Wallace repeated the lie that Trump referred to neo-Nazis in Charlottesville as “very fine people.” On cue, Biden used his script: “coming out of the fields, carrying torches, their veins bulging.” Trump interjected — “Finish the statement” — but Wallace shut him down. Trump needed to use his next response to say: “Look at what I said. I condemned the neo-Nazis and the white supremacists ‘totally.’ Stop lying to America, Joe.”

2. The “inject bleach” hoax. Biden claimed — as he has before — that Trump said “maybe you could inject some bleach in your arm” for coronavirus. Trump never said that. He spoke at a press briefing about using ultraviolet light as a disinfectant, asking about experimental uses inside the body. At the time, when asked if he was telling people to inject disinfectant, Trump said no. Inexplicably, Trump told Biden at the debate that he was being “sarcastic.” He needed to call Biden’s claim a lie.

3. The “white supremacists” hoax. Both Wallace and Biden falsely suggested that Trump had never condemned white supremacists before. Trump tried to deflect. He should have immediately said: “That’s not true. I have condemned white supremacists over and over again — and I do so here again tonight. I condemn white supremacy.” He then should have pivoted to Biden’s record: “Joe Biden told black people they’re not black if they don’t vote for him. What a thing to say.”

4. The “China” hoax. Biden claimed, falsely, that Trump “did not even ask Xi” to allow U.S. investigators into China at the start of coronavirus. He has used that false claim before — and it has even been debunked by the Washington Post. Trump’s only reply was: “Wrong.” He needed more detail. Trump did ask China to admit U.S. investigators for weeks, and they were allowed in before Biden even brought it up. He should cite the Washington Post, which gave Biden “three Pinnocchios.”

5. The “peaceful protesters” hoax. Biden repeatedly claims that Trump 1. ordered the military to 2. use tear gas 3. to clear “peaceful protesters” from the park in front of the White House to walk across and 4. hold a Bible upside-down. Biden used three out of the four. Trump needs to say: 1. It was the Park Police. 2. They did not use tear gas. 3. The protest was violent, and assaulted police and journalists. 4. He held the Bible as a symbol of right and wrong, and Biden was on the wrong side.

6. The Atlantic “suckers” and “losers” hoax. Biden repeated the Atlantic‘s claim that Trump called Americans who died in World War I “suckers” and “losers.” It is a phony claim that has been specifically denied by John Bolton — a Trump critic — among others. Trump should have said that — immediately. Instead, he brought up Biden’s wayward son, Hunter Biden — a legitimate target, but a wasted opportunity. Trump returned to the Atlantic story later — but a hoax has to be killed right away.

Posts: 19670 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The more I think about it the more pissed off I am at that sack of crap Wallace. He knew damn well from debate prep how many times the President has condemned them. He knows what was in the program he suggested last week in Atlanta. To not only ask the question, but then to cut him off and say, "then do it" shows what a biased piece of freaking trash he is and what a sham that debate was.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
During the debate Biden proposed sending a psychologist or psychiatrist along with the police to deescalate violent situations. REALLY?
Yeah. I heard that and also thougght it a ridiculous proposition. I can just imagine how it would go down--badly. Only an insane psychologist or psychiatrist would even agree to do that--they don't want to be shot.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27909 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Easy fix for next debate.

Each candidate is in a sound proof booth. Microphone and speaker controlled by the moderator. A red and green light in each booth. Wireless blocker in each booth.

Green light - you can talk
Red light - you can only listen

Moderator controls the Trump Talk / Biden Talk / Moderator Talk switch.

The audience can hear everything.

Totally controlled debate, and social distant so no masks.

See, simple.....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38060 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
During the debate Biden proposed sending a psychologist or psychiatrist along with the police to deescalate violent situations. REALLY?
Yeah. I heard that and also thougght it a ridiculous proposition. I can just imagine how it would go down--badly. Only an insane psychologist or psychiatrist would even agree to do that--they don't want to be shot.

flashguy

And I'd like to see all the psychologists or psychiatrists on call for when this stuff goes down at 3 am on a Saturday. These people are out of their damn minds with this BS. Roll Eyes

Posts: 34099 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Yeah. No thanks. Governing a nation doesn't work like that. If anything, I'm more in favor of not having a moderator. Let them go at it and see what shakes out.

Posts: 17353 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Each candidate is in a sound proof booth. Microphone and speaker controlled by the moderator. A red and green light in each booth.

See, simple.....

Yes, they should get smart about it.

Posts: 15971 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're gonna put the President of the United States in a fucking booth, and cut off his microphone? There's no way that Donald Trump agrees to either of those things. If you think he would agree to such nonsense, you don't know Donald Trump. He wouldn't agree to that insanity even if the playing field was level, which it most certainly is not.

His name is Trump, not chump.

Posts: 108154 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC

Yes, they should get smart about it.

Posts: 8654 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Each candidate is in a sound proof booth. Microphone and speaker controlled by the moderator. A red and green light in each booth. Wireless blocker in each booth.

Green light - you can talk
Red light - you can only listen

Moderator controls the Trump Talk / Biden Talk / Moderator Talk switch.

The audience can hear everything.

Totally controlled debate, and social distant so no masks.

See, simple.....

You vill debate der vey ve vish comrade! Da?

Posts: 23770 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like cutting the mic's really is going to be part of the next one. I don't see Trump agreeing to that (nor should he).

Debate commission adding option to cut candidates' mics: report

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Rand Paul is suggesting that a better format would be a 1 on 1 interview with the moderator for 30 or 45 minutes, the other candidate not present

ask the same questions in the same order and let the candidate talk unobstructed

if you want to hear the position and thought process, thats a reasonable alternative given the animosity

but I still like a good slugfest

Posts: 53408 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Rand Paul is suggesting that a better format would be a 1 on 1 interview with the moderator for 30 or 45 minutes, the other candidate not present

ask the same questions in the same order and let the candidate talk unobstructed

if you want to hear the position and thought process, thats a reasonable alternative given the animosity

Dumb Rand Paul. It's a debate, not an interview. The enemy needs to be called out for their lies.

Q

Posts: 26828 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about others, but I was exhausted by the time the "debate" was ended. Wallace was obviously helping Biden every chance he got, and Trump knew it. The Pres came out swinging, and never stopped......he is a fighter. I don't know if I will subject myself to the next debate.

Posts: 6646 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like cutting the mic's really is going to be part of the next one. I don't see Trump agreeing to that (nor should he).
Debate commission adding option to cut candidates' mics: report

Then Trump should walk on stage with a bullhorn at the next debate.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

and thats the reason I think an interview style would be far more appropriate and more enlightening as to the positions and policies

the talking back and forth, talking over each other, finger pointing, being called liars left me feeling like my time was wasted - I learned nothing new

I already knew I was going to vote for Trump and that Biden was a moron

I came away with no new insights - I watched some replays this morning and glad I didn't waste my time watching the rest of the show

Posts: 53408 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
^^^

and thats the reason I think an interview style would be far more appropriate and more enlightening as to the positions and policies

the talking back and forth, talking over each other, finger pointing, being called liars left me feeling like my time was wasted - I learned nothing new

I already knew I was going to vote for Trump and that Biden was a moron

I came away with no new insights - I watched some replays this morning and glad I didn't waste my time watching the rest of the show

What do you have to freaking learn at this point? It's about watching the President pin his ears back.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Donald came out swinging and never stopped. People that don’t understand the Don realize a bit late he’s full bore, non-stop. Always digging for a way in...the Honey Badger.

Posts: 5772 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post