SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 961
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I caught some of the 'highlights' afterward...

I'd say the portions of DJT I saw were pretty solid...one talking head rightly pointed out, as a conservative, if you try to be 'nice', you'll be run right off the stage. After what DJT has endured during the past 3+ years from the 'media,' he appeared firm and wasn't going to bulled over. Pretty much what one should expect from the leader of the world. The left made it clear long ago that there will be no quarters given.

The MSM is of course 100% on the attach of DJT...which means ol' Sleepy didn't do so great...if he had, they'd be praising him all channels, all day/night.

My local fake news channel had about a whopping 60 seconds of coverage, and ended with the rhetorical 'Who won?' I'm sure everyone will be shocked that they found two whole people in my overwhelmingly 'blue' state who declared Biden 'won,' including one fellow claiming he was a conservative saying basically Biden had soundly dominated. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes That was it...no counter view, nothing...just yet another affirmation of what we know about Fake News.

Time will tell.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These debates are an absolute waste of time. This isn’t 1880 where people might actually learn about a candidates opinions. We know everything except how many times they go to the bathroom everyday. If you need these debates to make a decision you’re an idiot. And for Gods sake I wish the GOP would stop agreeing to biased moderators every single time.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3576 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a debate based on fact.

People are concerned about COVID, what can you share about your plan?

I'm very aware of the concern and did the following on these dates: yadda yadda yadda.... And the result of that was: yadda yadda yadda

I'm tired of the " My plan is better and my opponent is a lying idiot" or the deflection to other unrelated topic ploy in debates.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38060 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We were all geared up to watch the debate. That lasted about 10 minutes with biden veering off topic with the first question, wallace obvious bias towards biden, both arguing over each others comments. Let biden make his 'argument', then destroy it with facts.

From the comments it sounds like we didn't miss much.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
It would have been better if Trump had more forcefully condemned White Supremacy. Not doing so was a self inflicted injury.

That's what I'm hearing/seeing this morning. But context is everything. I'd like to see a clip of just that bit, or a transcript of it.

With the way the leftist narrative keeps misrepresenting what Trump said relative to Charlottesville, I don't trust anything I hear or see second-hand, anymore.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I will leave with this tweet from the press secretary:

A morning show on a local Fox affiliate had (from memory):
Trump: 36%
Biden: 30%
Neither: 29%
<mumble>: 5%

(Don't recall what that last category was.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I started watching last night but had to change the channel right around the time they brought up the second question

I thought the President did a great job. I don't want him to be nice. I want him to destroy and crucify the opposition. I knew as soon as they announced that Wallace was going to be the moderator that the fix was in. He said he was going to be the 'invisible moderator' - my ass. Trump ended up debating him.

Take no prisoners. Another debate, hammer the bastards again.

Bret Baier should have been the moderator if we wanted to get anything really useful out of it - but that wasn't the plan.

Posts: 53407 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would have been better if Trump had more forcefully condemned White Supremacy.
That's the verbal equivalent of diners seated at a restaurant being forced by a mob to raise their fists for BLM.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108154 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Here is my take on the "debate".

First, do not look at it as merely historical and "in the books". It's value comes in what it will produce.

Trump rattled Wallace and Biden.
Wallace stated (for those Americans who may not have been aware) that he chose the format (2 minute response to questions) and the questions themselves.

Wallace did in fact, "debate" Trump, and after the official questions, asked leading questions, provided (clarifying)"responses" for Biden, and "hostile/attacking" questions of Trump.

Wallace interjected bias with the climate bullshit and the "Proud Boys = White Supremacists", no different than the old saw about a lawyer asking; "So, Mr. Trump, "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

Trump has done the same thing he has always done. Go back and look at the first Trump thread and see all the remarks about what and how he says things.

A lot of what he says is the kind if things people "say" in their heads about their own life situations with other people, or what people often say online, with no intent of ever actually saying those things in real life. I get a cringe sometimes when I hear him say some things, and when I read some things he tweets, but he still manages to pull ahead and reach the goal he was aiming for.

He has a lot of that "guerrilla tactics" and Sun Tsu methodology of warfare. He keeps the other side off balance, and uses their strengths and weaknesses to their disadvantage. He understands the art of deception, without being devious in his person or actions. He plays people, and he plays them well. That said, a lot of people do not like people that are "master of the game". Very few like to go up against someone who no matter what, hands their ass to them every time.

Trump's accomplishments speak for themselves, and a great number more people have been drawn to him in the past 4 years than have been pushed away.

And the debate will provide much discussion among people, some will look into the accusations, and the claims and will see the facts that they may not have otherwise.

Trump is a brawler and a fighter, and while he might appear to be clumsy and lack poise, he can dance in a minefield and never trip one.

The truth and facts are evidence of his efforts, he is not responsible for COVID, nor the leftest lock-down and draconian shit that was pulled on the people and the hype and lies of the "Plandemic". He was not responsible for the piss poor and damaging policies in the large, leftest controlled states and cities where all the crime has exploded and the continual controversy of the myth of "systemic racism" and "police targeting of blacks".

Everything the leftest claim about DJT is 180 degrees off, and the same thing goes for what they claim they are, what they do or will do, they are 180 degrees off. They leftest in power are lairs, thieves, cheats, with murderous intent. They are the evil in this country, and they have a mob of followers to ignorant, blind or filled with all manner of anger and loathing and looking for something to take it out on. Perfect and ripe for trouble.

Imagine yourself trying to fight against that, and with a good many "on your team/side" who are afraid to get dirty or suffer injury or indignity and unwilling to get their ass off the bench, or stand up and cheer for their side.

Vote Trump
Vote for the 1/3 of the Senate
Vote for the entire House

Compel any and all the people you can to vote for this Republic.

I am selfish. I have children and grandchildren. I am doing it for them.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44079 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump is a brawler and a fighter, and while he might appear to be clumsy and lack poise, he can dance in a minefield and never trip one.

Yep.

Trump accomplished what he needed in the first debate
By Brian C. Joondeph

Debate number one is in the history books with a new debate emerging about “who won?” Debates are not scored like boxing matches but instead like figure skating at the Olympics, judges deciding the score and who won, often inserting their own prejudices and biases.

In the case of presidential debates, big media and blue check marks on Twitter are the self-proclaimed judges. The morning after the debate has led to a new debate as to which candidate was the most “presidential” and whether the few remaining undecided voters will be swayed.

It was obvious that moderator Chris Wallace was anything but, instead he was a participant on Team Biden. He lost control after the opening bell when President Trump came out swinging and despite attempting to play the role of Candy Crowley eight years ago, floundered badly trying to help Biden.

The “fact checkers” will have a field day, but from big media expect few fact checks of anything Joe Biden said. For example, in the debate he ran away from any support of the Green New Deal. Yet his campaign website declares the opposite, “Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face.”

Trump’s goal was to shore up his base, to make sure they vote. Previous milquetoast candidates like John McCain and Mitt Romney failed to rally the GOP base and both lost potentially winnable elections. Trump will not make that mistake.

With daily stories of lost and found ballots, Trump needs his voters to show up and vote in order to prevent Democrats from stealing the election. As Hugh Hewitt wrote, “If it’s not close they can’t cheat.”

Republican voters want a fighter, someone who goes on offense. Hand it to the Democrats but they are always on offense, even when they are dead wrong. Schumer, Pelosi, Schiff, Waters and the like are on perpetual offense. Compare to Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and other Republicans who are always on defense, trying to explain why they are not racists, sexists, bigots and every other label heaped on Republicans.

Trump was righteously angry at both Biden, representing the Democrat party, and the media, meaning Chris Wallace over his treatment for the past five years. Shortly before the debate, DNI John Ratcliffe declassified and released what many of us already knew, that the Russia hoax was cooked up by Hillary Clinton and her campaign, and the Obama-Biden administration knew about it and pushed it by weaponizing the CIA, FBI, and DOJ.

Trump was steamed and beyond all the bluster of the debate, laid down a big marker toward the end of the evening, “We've caught 'em, we caught them all, we got it all on tape." October, the month of electoral surprises, is here and this may be a big one. Whether Durham and Barr indict anyone before the election is unknown, despite what people are hearing from supposed insider sources. Perhaps there are plea deals in the works, explaining the lack of indictments.

Biden, by not falling flat on his face, earned points during the debate, despite lapsing into his “c’mon man” schtick and tripping over words and numbers. But Joe has been largely absent from the campaign trail for most of September, likely preparing for the debate. Will he keep a lid on his campaign for the next week, preparing for the next debate, or will he tap out based on encouragement from fellow Democrats and the media?

Biden needed much prep for this debate. For Trump it was just another day, whether at a debate, a Trump rally or a press conference facing a hostile media. Trump could repeat this performance every day, Biden cannot.

Those offended by Trump’s “style” probably never liked Trump in the first place. This includes the NeverTrumpers, largely irrelevant as Trump has no use for them and the Democrats only use them as useful idiots to bash Trump.

The President’s style is no different than four years ago. Remember how his crude but effective punching style quickly dispatched 16 other talented and experienced GOP primary candidates. Trump followed this by pummeling “the smartest woman in the world,” winning the election much to the surprise of the entire Washington, DC and media establishment.

Why would he change a winning formula? Trump is a businessman and knows well what happens to businesses who stray from their core mission. This was a debate, not a speech. Trump can be presidential when he needs to be, as he was in his State of the Union addresses or his Mount Rushmore speech.

But a debate is a cage fight, a far different venue. Playing rope-a-dope against two political opponents, Biden and Wallace, is a risky strategy compared to coming out swinging from the opening bell, which is what Trump did.

So, who won? Does it matter? Trump reassured his base that he is a fighter, that he hasn’t gone wobbly after the unending assault on his presidency and character. Biden showed his base that he is actually alive, and not simply a corpse, reassuring to worried Democrats.

Rasmussen Reports noted, “Voters say the debates are less important than they were four years ago.” Which means this week’s debate probably changed few opinions. The pollsters will continue to predict a Biden landslide, reminiscent of four years ago. The silent majority is out there but unseen by most pollsters.

Trump voters can be reassured that their guy continues to fight, something Republicans have not seen in any of their leaders. In that respect, the debate was a success for him. Ignore the media spin and fake news. Trump is a winner and knows what is at stake for the country and his family. Expect him to keep throwing punches through election day.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...e.html#ixzz6ZXdbZ4Q3

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24288 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
It would have been better if Trump had more forcefully condemned White Supremacy.
That's the verbal equivalent of diners seated at a restaurant being forced by a mob to raise their fists for BLM.
The whole Proud Boys thing is a red herring.

The demonrats are trying to obfuscate that they won't condemn people (AntiFA and BLM) rioting and tearing apart our cities. Their tactic is saying Trump is racist for not condemning people (Proud Boys) counterprotesting and not backing down from a fight with AntiFA and BLM. It also ignores the fact that the Proud Boys are not the only counterprotestors.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23430 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think Trump's best moment was when he did this and Biden got that deer in the headlights look and hung his head:

quote:

President Donald J. Trump: (38:35)
That’s not what they are talking about this. That’s not what it is about. He’s talking about defunding the police.

Vice President Joe Biden: (38:39)
That is not true.

President Donald J. Trump: (38:40)
He doesn’t have any law support. He has no law enforcement.

Vice President Joe Biden: (38:45)
That’s not true.

President Donald J. Trump: (38:45)
He has almost nothing. Oh, really, who do you have name one group that supports you name one group that came out and supported you. Go ahead. Think we have time.

Vice President Joe Biden: (38:54)
We don’t have time to do anything.

President Donald J. Trump: (38:55)
No, no think right now. Name one law enforcement group that came out in support of you.

Chris Wallace: (39:00)
Now, gentleman. I think I’m going to tell I’m going to take back the bottom line.

President Donald J. Trump: (39:03)
There aren’t any.

OF COURSE, Wallace senses Biden is in trouble and jumps in yet again to save him and quickly changes the topic. Roll Eyes

Posts: 34099 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Who else is ready for four more years? I was surprised sleepy Joe was able to stand up for 90 minutes. Wallace was always there to pull him back right before Trump knocked him out. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7106 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how the radical left is reacting to Biden denouncing the Green New Deal? "Climate change" and "medicare for all" is their religion, after all.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5443 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Less than 20 years after 9/11 and a candidate for POTUS says "Inshallah" in a Presidential debate?

Biden Inshallah

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5651 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Mike Wallace's other son could have done a better job moderating...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16127 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I went and looked at numerous clips of last night.

My take away moments are when Biden basically stated he kicked Bernie Sander's ass in the primaries, and later denounced the New Green Deal. He alienated voters he needs, and these Bernie Bros are a loyal bunch.

I thought Trump was fine, just being Trump, but IMO did not expect the egregious bias of Wallace. Looking at it this morning, far more blatant and one sided than Candy Crowley during the Obama/Romney debate. It threw him off a little.

In the end, most of last night's audience are those voters who have already decided, they just want to see some fireworks. My wife told me earlier that only a few of her couple of dozen co-workers bothered to watch at least some of the debate. Most people in the country could care less.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16838 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
The whole Proud Boys thing is a red herring.

The demonrats are trying to obfuscate that they won't condemn people (AntiFA and BLM) rioting and tearing apart our cities. Their tactic is saying Trump is racist for not condemning people (Proud Boys) counterprotesting and not backing down from a fight with AntiFA and BLM. It also ignores the fact that the Proud Boys are not the only counterprotestors.

Partially stealing this from something I heard today...

Proud Boys are no threat to anyone. If you heard there was a Proud Boys march in your neighborhood, would you have any fear? Their protests consist of prancing around with some flags and drinking beers afterwards. The only time there is violence is when the left shows up and starts a fight. The problem is they won't cower to the left and if the left attacks them they finish the fight.

Now conversely if you hear BLM or Antifa is coming to your neighborhood, what is your reaction? Personally I'd make sure I'm not flying Old Glory (or any Trump or right leaning material). Next I have 5-6 30 round mags loaded, a fire extinguisher on hand, and a good number of 226 mags loaded.

Has PBs ever set fire to someone on the other sides house; destroyed their property; demanded under threat they repeat their slogans; beat someone who didn't start the fight; or try to intimidate someone with opposing views.

Proud Boys are a red herring and distraction. Everyone who's paying attention knows ANTIFA/BLM are the ones who are terrorizing people and burning shit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20927 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Mike Wallace was a well respected member of the media. I couldn't always agree with him (mostly not), but I had respect for him. Poor Mike must be spinning in his grave. Sad Chris, really sad!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1707 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden would not state his position on stacking the Supreme Court. That should be in REP attack ads

Joe Biden: "The Green New Deal will pay for itself as we move forward..."

*seconds later*

Chris Wallace: "Do you support the Green New Deal?"

Joe Biden: "No, I don't support the Green New Deal." "I support the Biden plan"

Biden Campaign Web Site:

"Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The debate format is terrible. The moderator should ask the candidates what their position is on various topics and not keep trying to make headlines w a "gotcha" question.

Posts: 19670 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post