SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How many formal debates have you participated in?
Just what exactly is your problem? Do you have a reading comprehension issue? You're about to really piss me off.

Nothing, actually.

Nothing wrong with reading comprehension either.

I have, though, sat through many debate. I have been in debates where I really thought the moderator was and acted one-sided.

Though he be liberal, Wallace was still fair and as a moderator and, asked unbiased questions. IMO

Trump did start interrupting and kept it up. (That is Trump's quality and something Biden could not keep up with.) Wallace politely and respectfully, called him out on it - as a good moderator should.

But Trump is not a career politician either. Wink

Oh and Wallace calling out Biden - more than a few gems in there.

I don't know where you have been for the last 3.5 years, but if you think a "debate" should be like it was in the 30s, 40s,50s, 60s, 70, or 80s, you have been under a rock. Every republican since Reagan as tried and got got steamrolled. The media is not on your side, there is no more "politeness".
We need to get wake from this fantasy that we are debating on a level field. This is guerilla warfare.

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For reference:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Anyone who judges him doesn't understand what he faces on a daily basis. They also don't understand that we are in the middle of a war for the survival of this country against pure evil. Nobody understands that more that the President and he has to feel that weight. That guy went into a rigged debate and took them both on and dominated. I'm proud of him.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I feel like it's worth pointing out that at least several times each, Wallace and Biden looked to be rattled to the point where they were trying to keep a lid on their tempers, and this was never the case with Trump. He was aggressive, but he was in control, calm, and collected. I could see the rising anger on their faces, and hear it in their voices. Not so with our President.

Noteworthy at the very least.

I knew going into this debate that his likely strategy was to bull over Biden and rattle his cage, but I didn't expect Wallace to feel like he was getting splashed with it, too. Maybe I should have.

Posts: 17654 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget Biden in 2012. Interrupting and mocking were the norm...

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5525 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
From a James Woods tweet. LMAO
https://twitter.com/RealJamesW.../1311180167637659648

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16529 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I feel like it's worth pointing out that at least several times each, Wallace and Biden looked to be rattled to the point where they were trying to keep a lid on their tempers, and this was never the case with Trump. He was aggressive, but he was in control, calm, and collected. I could see the rising anger on their faces, and hear it in their voices. Not so with our President.

Noteworthy at the very least.

I knew going into this debate that his likely strategy was to bull over Biden and rattle his cage, but I didn't expect Wallace to feel like he was getting splashed with it, too. Maybe I should have.

Composure under fire only really gets learned by being under fire. Biden and Wallace haven't felt a tenth the heat that Trump has.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well after catching up on this thread and perusing the web this morning it seems like going to bed and getting a good night's sleep last night was the correct decision. I do not watch debates just like I do not watch congressional hearings no matter what side is chairing it. They are all a waste of time. Pure political theater. Designed to appeal to each other's base in the DC bubble, nothing more. Neither the debates nor the hearings are designed to inform the American public about anything. They are both just screen time for the professional permanent political class, be they pundit or elected official.

I will leave with this tweet from the press secretary:

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
And it appears old Joe was wired, after all.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1311179736253562881

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
It would have been better if Trump had more forcefully condemned White Supremacy. Not doing so was a self inflicted injury.

The President asked Wallace to name the group. Wallace responded with "The Proud Boys". Not only are they not a white supremacist group, their chairman is Enrique Tarrio:

Posts: 8903 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to have CNBC playing in the background - if only to hear Joe K b@tchslap Andrew occasionally.

Well now Shepard Smith had to come on and plug his new show - using his overly dramatic voice to discuss the debate and how he'll address that on his new show...

Joe K must feel awfully lonely surrounded by the Never Trumpers on that channel.

Posts: 257 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm probably mostly in agreement with mbinky that the debates are theater. If the participants see otherwise then I would look at them as a political ad and as such you should define your target audience (the undecided) and say the things that would win them over. It IS theater if you just play to your audience. We are going to vote for Trump regardless of what he says in a debate.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5721 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
And it appears old Joe was wired, after all.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1311179736253562881

It appears to slide out, then vanishes. How is that?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Well after catching up on this thread and perusing the web this morning... [snip]
Pure political theater. Designed to appeal to each other's base in the DC bubble, nothing more. Neither the debates nor the hearings are designed to inform the American public about anything. They are both just screen time for the professional permanent political class, be they pundit or elected official.
Well said. Nothing new was presented, just repeating old stuff we've already heard many times before. The "debate" had no value and served no purpose other than what you said. Maybe if they added a laugh track, at least it might be entertaining.

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

It appears to slide out, then vanishes. How is that?

It begins to straighten out before it goes back under his coat. We can't see his hands, but I am guessing that he tugs it from below.

Posts: 8903 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
First thoughts after a restless night. Yeah, Wallace was biased, jumped in to deflect from Biden. More importantly, the topics were pretty much a greatest bombshell hits from Trump's time in office, necessarily provocative.

The media can't glorify Biden's performance so they are attacking Trump. SOS.

Biden got very defensive about Hunter, said he was proud of him. One question then, why isn't Hunter out on the campaign trail, stumping for you, Joe?

Trump obviously has a very quick mind, he was over a half step ahead of Biden and Wallace all night. So yeah, lots of interruptions, no need to wait for the slugs to finish their thoughts.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8555 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Bio-medical sensors?

Pulse, sp02?

Posts: 16187 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
First thoughts after a restless night. Yeah, Wallace was biased, jumped in to deflect from Biden. More importantly, the topics were pretty much a greatest bombshell hits from Trump's time in office, necessarily provocative.

The media can't glorify Biden's performance so they are attacking Trump. SOS.

Wallace knew what he was doing; Wallace designed the debate format. What was he thinking?
No opportunities at all for either candidate, especially Trump, to refute what the other just said. At one point Trump said something to the effect, "I am supposed to be debating him, but I guess I am actually debating you" to Wallace.

The result was Biden was allowed to tell lie after lie with zero opportunity for Trump to respond.

When Trump tried to respond, talking over Biden it looked bad for Trump, but it was really Wallace at fault.

This "cage match" or "shit show" will be used as Biden's excuse to say "No more debates."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24611 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
This "cage match" or "shit show" will be used as Biden's excuse to say "No more debates."
How many times do you guys want to be wrong with these predictions?

Myself, I'm sure Biden is going to find some excuse to not show up to the first debate.

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post