SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
..BREAKING: 20 Supporters Seated Behind Trump Onstage Rushed to ER with ‘Blurred Vision’ and ‘Eye Burns’ After Rally in Tucson, Arizona

Arizona Globe journalist Christy Kelly has reported a troubling development following former President Donald Trump’s rally in Tucson, Arizona, last Thursday.

Kelly noted that “as many as 20 people” were affected by these symptoms, all of whom were seated on the left side of the stage.

“Many supporters seated behind Trump onstage went to the ER after the rally with “blurred vision” and “burning” to the eyes. I spoke to several who still have not fully recovered. As many as 20 were affected,” Kelly wrote on X.

The cause of the symptoms remains unknown, and an active investigation is underway.

I hope this doesn't get lost with everything else going on (separate thread?). Not just happenstance, hoping for an investigation and some answers.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I started shooting at an early age like 14 IIRC. I shot Bullseye at the Baltimore County range in 1966. The shooters were about half civilian and half police officers.

The police officers were there for practice so they could qualify for their department's annual test. Most of them didn't take shooting seriously and were lucky to hit the paper. One time one officer was playing with his gun while we were down range checking targets. He was kicked off the range and asked to bring a letter from his department head to be allowed back on the range.

In this case, I have not seen how many shots were fired and maybe the bullet hit the fence.

Posts: 11893 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Would SS agents on protection details not be good shots?

As to number of shots:

“Agents fired four to five rounds of ammunition upon seeing the gun muzzle.

The suspect dropped the rifle and fled in a vehicle, abandoning the weapon along with two bags, a scope for his rifle and a GoPro camera, Sheriff Bradshaw said.” BBC-What we know about the apparent Trump shooting attempt

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
..BREAKING: 20 Supporters Seated Behind Trump Onstage Rushed to ER with ‘Blurred Vision’ and ‘Eye Burns’ After Rally in Tucson, Arizona

Arizona Globe journalist Christy Kelly has reported a troubling development following former President Donald Trump’s rally in Tucson, Arizona, last Thursday.

Kelly noted that “as many as 20 people” were affected by these symptoms, all of whom were seated on the left side of the stage.

“Many supporters seated behind Trump onstage went to the ER after the rally with “blurred vision” and “burning” to the eyes. I spoke to several who still have not fully recovered. As many as 20 were affected,” Kelly wrote on X.

The cause of the symptoms remains unknown, and an active investigation is underway.

I hope this doesn't get lost with everything else going on (separate thread?). Not just happenstance, hoping for an investigation and some answers.

High powered IR lasers will damage your vision without triggering your blink response. I wonder.

Posts: 17624 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
The agent apparently saw the barrel of the weapon and commenced firing. No word on if he ever actually acquired a target. The evidence seems to indicate he was not sure of his target or what was behind it.
That was my first thought, that seeing the barrel he started firing into the area, call it suppressive fire if you like.

I’ll go out on a limb and say it sure looks like he failed to positively identify his target and be fully aware of what was in the foreground and background for his shots.

That said, his actions may have save President Trump’s life. Is it possible that agent have different rules when protecting someone? Is it possible that while all men are created equal, some men (protectees) are more equal and the agents’ task is to protect the protectee first and everything else is secondary? I have no idea what the answers are to those questions, but they’re interesting questions.

And lest folks think I believe that there wasn’t a failure that allowed the situation to develop, I’ll state clearly that failure to better secure the area was (in my opinion) a major failure. I’m only considering the possibility that under the circumstances that agent’s ROE might have been different than the rules by which we live.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
No word on if he ever actually acquired a target...

I think he was a she.

"After the Secret Service agent fired her service weapon..."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
High powered IR lasers will damage your vision without triggering your blink response. I wonder.

I was thinking lasers as well, but figured someone would have seen that. IR not so much.

ETA: Just saw this:

https://jdrucker.substack.com/...ked-with-an-infrared

Was Trump Attacked With an Infrared Laser, Sending 20+ People to the ER?
The weapon is compact and the light is invisible. Nobody would feel anything until later. Is there a better explanation for what happened?

JD Rucker
Sep 19, 2024

Tinfoil hat time. At an Arizona rally last week, around 20 attendees who were seated in bleachers behind and to the left of Donald Trump had to go to the emergency room after the event. Most complained of pain and swelling in their eyes and even partial blindness. According to the Arizona Globe:

While the rally drew a large and enthusiastic crowd, it ended with an unexpected turn of events. Approximately 20 attendees, primarily members of the “Latinos for Trump” group who had been onstage, reported becoming ill with mysterious symptoms shortly after the rally concluded. All those who reported falling ill were seated on the side of the stage where Trump made his entrance before approaching the podium.

Pastor Eli Moreno, who opened the rally with prayer, and his wife, Francesca Moreno, were among those affected. Pastor Moreno said that he experienced mild discomfort, but his wife’s symptoms were far more severe. On their drive home, Mrs. Moreno’s nose began to run, her vision blurred, and her face swelled up. They stopped at a Walgreens and encountered another rallygoer with similar symptoms. Mrs. Moreno stated that emergency room doctors flushed her eyes earlier and referred her to an ophthalmologist. Five days later, she was just beginning to feel better.

Mayra Rodriguez, another attendee, also fell ill 30 minutes after leaving the rally, experiencing burning eyes and a severe headache. By the time she arrived at the emergency room, she could no longer open her eyes. After performing a dye test, the doctor informed her that she had suffered a chemical burn. Days later, she continued suffering from blurry vision and light sensitivity.

Several other attendees shared similar stories with The Arizona Globe. The reported symptoms, including blurred vision, severe eye pain, and facial swelling, appeared roughly 30 minutes after the rally ended. One attendee used milk to ease the burning before heading to the hospital, while another reported his face turning red and peeling. They stated that the emergency room staff told them they were not alone—multiple patients from the rally had come in with the same complaints.

As of yesterday, Tuscan Police had not indicated they were investigating the possible crime.

After posting the story on The Liberty Daily and America First Report, I received an email from a reader:

My first take on the eye injuries at the latest Trump Rally is likelyhood of an infared (non-seeable) laser was aimed at Trump but injuring those behind him.

These injuries were common during the Gulf War (1992) when infrared targeting lasers swept the desert battlefield day and night. One cannot tell immediately when exposed but later when the eye inflammation starts.

The laser-eye injury threat was largely why desert soldiers wore protective eyewear day and night. At night the iris is more open and allows more eye damage.

See Military Aerospace.

I then looked into multiple sources regarding infrared laser weapons and it all jibed. IF someone was positioned in front of and to the right of Trump and IF they had some sort of device that emitted infrared lasers, it's possible that the people behind Trump would have been hit. The results would have been exactly what we're seeing reported... though not nearly reported enough since very few outside of The Gateway Pundit and a handful of others are touching the story.

Posts: 20565 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c4KwDSg7yFQ?si=AvUtkqVPhZ1ddG5g" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Well imagine that? A thought out question and a reasoned response to the question.

Try that with Kackles.
All you would get is "Orange man bad, word salad."

Posts: 1082 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post