SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

It would have been a total waste of that guys time to go to a golf course and lay there hoping that at some point Trump would decide to play a round of golf before he was spotted. No one would go to that much effort to just lay there in the dirt for weeks (outside of a US Military sniper on an actual OP).

Man, you grossly underestimate these people.

Yep. Never discount the determination of the deranged.

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
There is only one answer, this guy knew Trump was going to be there, and about when. That means there is a mole deep in the Trump staff who is providing intel.

You are so sure but then went on offering the other only answer.

quote:
The only other possible answer is that somehow this guy was following Trump without being seen and tailed him to the course...

So, which is "the only answer"?

quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Roush clearly has delusions of grandeur. He thinks he's Wild Bill Donovan, Jack Ryan, Erik Prince. I'm with Balzé. Maybe he just took a chance based on a pretty educated guess.

Yeah, he could have been there 12 hours, or he could have been lucky and was there only 12 minutes, when Trump got out there to play.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If you’re wondering whether the SKS guy would have been willing to spend hours day after day in hopes that his intended target would ever fortuitously appear, I recommend reading a few of the many online accounts of what else he has done with his life. “Dedicated” hardly describes the obsession he has shown for the ideas he has supported. If you haven’t, spend a little time doing that (a few minutes of reading will suffice) rather than just sitting and thinking, “I wouldn’t have done that.” No, you wouldn’t, and that’s because you wouldn’t have decided that a former President needed to be killed.

As I’ve said before, I’ll leave it to other pundits to provide Tips for Presidential Assassins, but I can easily think of practical reasons why he did what it’s assumed and being reported* he did the day of the incident. I can also think of things that probably occurred but which aren’t known and probably never will be. But even without my speculations being correct, based on the limited information we have now I have no trouble believing that what appears to be true based on the Occam’s Razor standard is indeed true.

I am not about to try to read everything posted about this attempt, but I wonder if anyone else has noted its similarities to the JFK assassination.

* And I’ll also point out once again that we hate and refuse to believe anything the BS media reports—unless it’s something we want to believe and then they can make no mistakes or do any wrong. As the most obvious example, will all the popular discussions of the incident ever start to accurately describe the man’s rifle, or will it always be an AK-47? I know where I’d put my money.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I’ll also point out once again that we hate and refuse to believe anything the BS media reports—unless it’s something we want to believe and then they can make no mistakes or do any wrong.

Who is "we"?

I remain skeptical of all media reports -- as much/most of it is propaganda and it's difficult to discern truth. You have to keep asking yourself "what's their angle?". You have to seek out alternative sources. You have to weigh all these different sources and come to your own conclusions and even then realize that there is much we simply do not know.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
^^^^. This

If the weather chick tells me its raining I'll call in the dog and see if she's wet.

Posts: 6504 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
* And I’ll also point out once again that we hate and refuse to believe anything the BS media reports—unless it’s something we want to believe and then they can make no mistakes or do any wrong. As the most obvious example, will all the popular discussions of the incident ever start to accurately describe the man’s rifle, or will it always be an AK-47? I know where I’d put my money.

Don't worry, Gabby Newsom from the great state of California is leading the way to protect you from bad misinformation memes!

https://x.com/libsoftiktok/status/1836252016785375677

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

https://x.com/RealMacReport/st.../1836400800290980211

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

https://x.com/RealMacReport/st.../1836400800290980211

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1836400800290980211" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 637px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 85px; background-size: 200px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

He put more pot men on it. Good show Chrissy.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Explosives Reported Near Trump Rally On Long Island As Police Hunt For Suspect

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-police-hunt-suspect

Police in Nassau County, New York are investigating a possible security breach after a reported discovery of explosives near the site of former President Donald Trump's rally on Long Island, just hours before his scheduled speech Wednesday evening.

Sources within the Nassau County Police Department allegedly told One America News Network (OANN) journalist James Lalino that officers conducting a routine K9 sweep discovered an explosive device in a vehicle parked near the rally venue. The report comes just three days after a would-be assassin was arrested at Trump's Palm Beach golf club.

According to the Daily Mail, the driver of the car with explosives ran into the woods. According to Lalino’s report on X, the suspect bolted from the car, leaving law enforcement scrambling to locate him.

The bomb scare comes as Trump continues to face heightened security threats. He has largely shifted to indoor venues since an attempt on his life in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13, when a would-be attacker was apprehended before getting close to the former president.

If confirmed, the presence of explosives at Wednesday’s event would mark a chilling escalation in the threats surrounding Trump’s public appearances as he continues to campaign for the 2024 Republican nomination. Law enforcement officials have not yet released an official statement, but the incident has put the rally site on high alert.

More at link

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
If confirmed, the presence of explosives at Wednesday’s event would mark a chilling escalation

Pretty sure they already debunked this.

ETA:
Cops shoot down bogus report of explosives found near Trump’s Long Island rally site

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I read that report was proven false. I'll try to find the link.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...=breaking_news_email

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cops say suspect with 'self-trained bomb-detecting dog' sparked false reports of explosives found in a car near Trump's Long Island rally

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ination-attempt.html

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Cops say suspect with 'self-trained bomb-detecting dog' sparked false reports of explosives found in a car near Trump's Long Island rally

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ination-attempt.html

I'm calling

NOT SO DAMNED FAST.

A self-trained bomb dog?

By some random person?

Who then reports there may be a bomb to the LEOs on site?

If you wanted to disrupt President Trump's event without the long-term incarceration that accompanies actually planting a real bomb, this would be a perfect method.

About the most that could be charged would be making a false report to police, vice attempted assassination of President Trump. Even then, the perp could argue that it was a simple mistake, "My dog trainer fu failed me."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Stop it

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Translation: The Teamsters endorse President Trump.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The International Brotherhood of Teamsters declined Wednesday to endorse Kamala Harris or Donald Trump for president, saying neither candidate had sufficient support from the 1.3 million-member union.

“Unfortunately, neither major candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interests of working people are always put before Big Business,” Teamsters President Sean M. O’Brien said in a statement. “We sought commitments from both Trump and Harris not to interfere in critical union campaigns or core Teamsters industries — and to honor our members’ right to strike — but were unable to secure those pledges.”

Vice President Harris met Monday with a panel of Teamsters, having long courted organized labor and made support for the middle class her central policy goal. Trump also met with a panel of Teamsters and even invited O’Brien to speak at the Republican National Convention, where the union leader railed against corporate greed.

The Teamsters said Wednesday that internal polling of its members showed Trump with an advantage over Harris.

The Teamsters’ choice to not endorse came just weeks ahead of the Nov. 5 election, far later than other large unions such as the AFL-CIO and the United Auto Workers that have chosen to back Harris.

https://apnews.com/article/tea...e239b7b6b209409bb6f5

ETA: Yup. Here you go.

https://x.com/TheCalvinCooli1/.../1836489792298663956

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30899 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Kamala: "Someone find out what these idiot truckers want so I can make a quick commercial promising all of it to them and stating Trump hates trucks."

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Trump will appear tonight on Greg Gutfelds' show. I think at 10pm on Fox news.

Should be a fun time!

Posts: 2555 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Translation: The Teamsters endorse President Trump.

That's a bit of a surprise, honestly. I don't know what kind of pull or influence they actually have anymore, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Prior to their polling, they said that they would endorse whichever candidate had the majority support.

Kinda pulled back on that.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3124 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to a Jesse Waters interview with a nurse who knew Rouse in Ukraine and said he was obsessed with "assassinating world leaders".

Link: Jesse Waters

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Don't worry, Gabby Newsom from the great state of California is leading the way to protect you from bad misinformation memes!

https://x.com/libsoftiktok/status/1836252016785375677

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1836252016785375677" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 600px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 85px; background-size: 200px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

This tweet is a bit disingenuous.
The law did not make memes or parody’s illegal.

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2024/09...ke-election-content/

quote:
Earlier today, the Governor announced signing legislation to protect the digital likeness of actors and performers by ensuring that AI is not used to replicate their voice or likeness without their consent.

requires that electoral advertisements using AI-generated or substantially altered content feature a disclosure that the material has been altered.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post